Bizarre Foods > No Reservations/Parts Unknown

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIJKVRYMjD0
youtube.com/watch?v=RBVptNzeTOQ
eater.com/2010/7/27/6725195/andrew-zimmern-discusses-his-druggie-homeless-past
youtube.com/watch?v=GKZpqwhJUbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

both of them had drug abuse problems, andrews ruined his life, anthonys fueled his success

this is the single factor that turned them into who they are today
if tony was literally on the street blowing dudes for crack rocks like andrew was he wouldn't be such a cunt today

I agree

What is the best episode and why is it Sardinia?

>Sea urchins
>Cheeses
>Meaty goodness

Bourdain is a pompous career restaurant cook with a distinctive voice and lots of NYC friends.

Zimmerman is a bald fat homosexual who is a parody of American tourists and eats straight up garbage, but has a decent taster's vocabulary and will comfortably do pretty much anything to make a good episode.

I find Bourdain far less annoying, but there are a few BF episodes that I rank higher than anything Bourdain has ever done.

They should do a show together where Tony goes eating wierd things with Andrew.

Zimmerman was on No Reservations as a promotional thing during the first season of Bizarre Foods, and it pretty much ended with Bourdain looking into the camera at the end and saying something like, "I give that guy one season".

Part of me feels like they're super duper good friends in real life because of how different their approaches are to essentially the same subject matter.

they have done episodes together. they each did a new york episode (bizarre foods and no reservations) where they were there together

zimmern isnt gay hes just flamboyant

I agree completely

>zimmern (not zimmerman)
>parody of american tourists
>thinks that eating tons of weird local cultural food is something an "american tourist" would EVER do
>somehow going to a different country/culture and showing respect to the local people by eating their delicacies and cuisines with a smile and asking for more that most other people would vomit at means he is an annoying tryhard, versus bourdain who only goes to 5 star restaurants with his fellow elitist pompous michelin star chef friends and then tries to lecture about politics and history like he knows what the fuck he's talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=BIJKVRYMjD0

I'm gonna be honest, I like Zimmern more than Bourdain, but whenever Bizarre Foods has an episode in America I just straight up skip it. I remember a few years back they changed Bizarre Foods to Bizarre Foods America for a few years and it was god-awful.

I watch Bizarre Foods to see Andrew eat really unique foods that are specific to a country, culture or people and watch him interact with locals and see how they make the food and all that shit. Watching him eat fucking cheese steaks or whatever is boring as fuck.

that was one of the early episodes i think when zimmern was really fucking annoying. he's gotten better since then

You sort of bring up the biggest problem I have with Zimmern, which is that he makes it seem as though the foods he eats in the show are the everyday foods that the people in those countries eat, which is not true at all.

Nine out of ten times he isn't going to a country to eat their local delicacies; he's specifically searching out the weirdest niche foods his crew can find to make an episode of Bizarre Foods and then presenting it as though that's normal, everyday cuisine in those countries.

Nah man, he rarely goes for the really ridiculous shit anymore. That was in the early seasons

A lot of the recent ones have been him just eating local street food or going to regular food markets and with families and eating their normal dishes

I don't know when you stopped watching but it must have been long ago

You're right. I haven't had normal TV for probably 3 years now.

I'd rather snort cocaine with bourdain tbqh

As if he would share off camera. You would be nothing but a busboy sent to get it, god forbid if you return with a light load.

>
>zimmern isnt gay hes just flamboyant

for the longest, i thought he was gay. then one show he talked about his wife. thought it was gayspeak for his prissy little faggot at home. but no, it was an actual woman. i was shocked.

*he's not gay, he's just jewish

he'd be dressed up in his best s&m duds to beat that poster for taking his blow

You're a fat, ugly, envious jew like Zimmern which is why you like him and hate Bourdain.

Bourdian isn't jewsh?

of fucking course Bourdain is a pompous pretentious asshole hipster cynical hypocrite

that's why i love him and his shows so much

This post was both minerally and barnyardy

this user gets it

that episode where he eats rotting fish buried in the sands and later finds out it has to be cooked first. He looked mad. Fucking priceless

Alaska? The old people were eating the same fish and smiling in that episode.

minerally = bitter
barnyardy = tastes like literal shit

>Andrew Zimmern is a cool, down to earth, personable guy
you accidentally switched them
Andrew zimmern is basically guy Ferrari lite. hes got a show personality thats peppy and obnoxious. Anthony is slower, more inclined to self depreciation of himself and others, but in a sarcastic jovial way. Andrew instead comes off like a typical ammerican tourist; not an asshole but genuinely too out of touch and sheltered to behave politely in conversation. Most of anthonys shit talking is done to the camera and us, not to the people theyre with. Andrew doesn't really do narration, and is quick to call something foul to play up the ew factor. people who like peppy and high energy hosts will prefer zimmern, People who prefer slower and a little more sarcastic hosts will prefer bourdain.

I can tell this is how also feel because the only time I've enjoyed Zimmern he was going over a recipe without over embellishing or being too active.

I genuinely like peppyness but when it comes to food I prefer the slower pace. Must be the inclination to relax and just spend a few seconds taking it all in.

I figured that would mean like water from a potable stream or has the smell or aromatic that reminds one of grass pollen respectively

No, they're euphemisms for bad tastes. Minerals are generally alkaline, and alkaline substances are bitter, and generally he's referring to some kind of bile filled organ that wasn't properly cleaned. Barnyardy literally means shit filled poopsack.

I'm with you

irony (no pun intended)
grassy

Are you the same guy last week that was insisting that "mouthfeel" doesn't add anything that can't be described by "texture"?

This. The only strike on Anthony's record is the opiates. Makes him seem like a degenerate sometimes.
Really stupid thing to admit to everyone watching the show. I can get over it but will always believe it was a bad move.
Otherwise he makes good shows. I would not go out of my way to watch zimmern at any point.

I think his drug use actually attracts people to him. People like watching edgy shit. Why do you think he had an episode in Colombia where he is hacking up bricks of cocaine with a machete?

He became a celebrity and got out of the restaurant world by writing his "bare all" memoir (which really wasn't anything that crazy or unique if you know anyone in the industry). Drug use and prostitutes were already out in the public and on the NY Times best seller list before they even began filming the first episode of his show.

>Andrew zimmern is basically guy Ferrari lite.

This. Funny that they both seem like gay guys with wives.

What about opiates did he mention on camera? I always thought his drug use was well known but in the past and not really mentioned on camera.

Anthony "GUYS DID YOU KNOW I WAS A COMPLETE BADASS WHO DIDN'T TAKE SHIT FROM NOBODY CAUSE I HAD A HEROIN ADDICTION AND WAS BY ALL MEANS A HEROIN ADDICT OF THE MOST HOPELESS VARIETY BUT HEY MAN THAT'S JUST WHAT IT'S LIKE LIVING IN NEW YORK CITY OR NYC AS US CHEFS USED TO CALL IT CAUSE CHEFS ARE LITERALLY THE CRAZIEST MOST INSANE MOTHERFUCKERS ON THIS SAD PLANET, LIKE CAN YOUR MINUSCULE MINDS EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT ITS LIKE TO COOK FOOD ALL DAY EVERY DAY IN A KITCHEN OF ALL PLACES?! NO OF COURSE YOU CAN'T BUT THAT'S WHY I'M HERE....TO TELL YOU THE EPIC STORIES OF WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE A COOK IN NYC WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME AS A SOLDIER IN THE MUDDY TRENCHES OF VERDUN....IF VERDUN WAS A FINGER-PAINTING CLASS THAT IS, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT KID, THIS ISN'T KRAFT DINNER AND HOT DOGS THIS IS REAL NEW YORK CITY CHEF SHIT, SHIT YOU GOTTA BE WACKED OUTTA YOUR FACE ON HEROIN, COCAINE, CRACK, H, METH, DOPE, CHINA WHITE, WEED, BOOZE, AND CIGARETTES TO UNDERSTAND, OH AND YES, DID I MENTION THAT I SMOKE? PERHAPS YOU NOTICED THE PACK OF SMOKES I HAVE CONSPICUOUSLY CONCEALED IN MY POCKET, AND YES YOU'D BE CORRECT IN ASSUMING THAT I'M GOING TO SMOKE ONE RIGHT NOW AS I REMINISCE ABOUT WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE A CHEF IN NEW YORK CITY AND MAYBE YOU TOO COULD SHARE IN THE ECSTATIC NOSTALGIC JOY I'M CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING EXCEPT FOR ONE TINY ISSUE......HEY KID....YOU WEREN'T A CHEF IN NEW YORK CITY WHEN NEW YORK CITY WAS LITERALLY NOTHING MORE THAN A SMOKING CRATER IN THE GROUND, BUT I WAS, AND THAT'S WHY I DO WHAT I DO, HEY KID, NO ONE SAID IT WAS EASY, ALL THEY SAID WAS THAT THERE'D BE GOOD FOOD, AND YOU KNOW ME, I GO WHERE THE FOOD IS GOOD AND THE HEROIN FOUNTAINS FLOW, SO MAYBE I'LL CATCH YOU IN THE BRONX, LOOKING FOR A NIGHTMARE THAT A SLUMBERING AMERICA WOKE UP FROM TO THE ALARM CLOCK OF THE POLICE SIREN, AND MAYBE I'LL LOOK YOU IN THE EYE AND MAYBE WE WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL WHO ENVIES WHO MORE IN THAT MOMENT, AND MAYBE THEN, YOU'LL KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE A CHEF IN NYC" Bourdain

>Deboning the squid

That was admittedly pretty embarrassing.

If he'd said "cleaning the squid" it would have been one thing, but then he went on to say it's "something very few restaurants take the time to do", which is completely untrue. If a restaurant didn't fully clean their squid they would get it sent back with complaints about chunks of plastic being in their food.

>>thinks that eating tons of weird local cultural food is something an "american tourist" would EVER do

It's more about his overall demeanor. Especially before he re-branded himself, he used to wear pink shorts, crocs, and plaid short sleeve shirts. Sure, his taste wasn't that of a typical tourist, but his general persona was.

>>bourdain who only goes to 5 star restaurants
I think Anthony Bourdain is a prick, but nevertheless this isn't true at all.

i forgot about the chunks of plastic in frozen squid.. where does it come from and why is it there??

This is everything he shouldn't have done.
Like I said, watchable if you're too stoned to listen to your favorite late night talk show host try to be humorous.

Where do people get the idea that Bourdain is pretentious? He's an alcoholic who loves dive bars and hotdogs covered in whipped cream.

He was likely fucking around. He absolutely hated the travel channel and is not shy about it, so if he was helping Zimmerman out, they're bros

I don't get it either. His whole show is him going to 3rd world countries and eating their food (sometimes it's even homemade). He's a sarcastic bastard, that's for sure but pretentious he is not.

It's not really plastic. I don't know what it's called (maybe it's just cartilage that looks and feels like plastic), but it's a natural part of the squid. When they process it they usually just pull out the guts and end up leaving the stuff that gives it structure.

Its just thin translucent cartilage it only has one piece

Bourdain always has to act nonchalant and like he doesn't give a fuck. That's his entire shtick. (Until CNN sends him to some 3rd world shithole and all of a sudden he's a concerned humanitarian who loves the food and culture.)

I seem to remember a columbia episode where he participates in a drug burning of a ton of cocaine and he mentions that 20 years ago, he would have been trying to use up as much of stuff he could, or something similar

How is his head so huge?

There's an entire episode about the drug problem in Massachusetts that is very much related to his drug use

The two of them would be great as presenters for a new foodie show. They both love eating all sorts of crazy stuff.
Bourdain isn't as big of a snob as most would believe, he's just opinionated; mostly due to his French heritage. Zimmern is a brave little dude with a cast iron gut.

No, but he's right. Euphemisms bug me, and we live in a euphemistic culture.

Andrew seems like a guy who would buy you a beer and shoot the shit with you over a delicious meal.
Anthony seems like a guy who would begrudgingly agree to go somewhere with you, judge every decision you make, and generally act like a pompous faggot.

>big vocabulary make me uncomfortable
>why not use emoji for all thing

Also, look up "euphemism", because I don't think you know what that means.

>shoots and kills an innocent kid for no reason
>gets away with no charges
>now he has his own show
how the fuck is this allowed? seriously, explain yourselves amerifats.

>Andrew Zimmern is a cool, down to earth, personable guy
>Anthony Bourdain is an arrogant, elitist prick

God I wish this was wrong

But yea Bourdain became that basically after the first season of no reservations

He was great in cook's tour

This tho

Saying "barnyardy" in place of "tastes like animal feces" is the definition of a fucking euphemism.

Literally?

youtube.com/watch?v=RBVptNzeTOQ

I think you are thinking of the wrong guy.

> but has a decent taster's vocabulary

Fuck this.
It annoys me to no end hosts who think "MMM" is supposed to give me a good idea what something tastes like.

Whats the texture, does it taste similar to something else? Is it fragrant, wtf.

They have one job and they still fuck it up.
Biggest perpetrator: Food safari.

Fuck that stupid woman, it annoys me to no end that these people get paid the amount they do when a cow could do the same job.

The point was that, compared to other travel/food show hosts, Zimmern actually does use a bunch of different words to describe the food (even if, like someone else pointed out, "gamey", "metallic", and" barnyardy" are frequent ones - but he's eating fucking offal 90% of the time, what do you expect?).

Bourdain
>typical new yorker
>smokes, self deprecating humor
>dive bars, street food
>opinionated and "real"
>acts like an ass sometimes
>went to watch a midget strip at a strip club in atlanta with alton brown. (Fantastic television viewing)

Zimmern
>dork
>Says dorky things
>makes dorky facial expressions (See op pic)
>dork

Bourdain and Vin scully (not food related) are my two favorite people to watch/listen too on tv.

> calling AZ "sheltered"
> eater.com/2010/7/27/6725195/andrew-zimmern-discusses-his-druggie-homeless-past

You two are literally retarded.

He talks about it in the show frequently. He had a San Francisco episode that was almost entirely about dumpster diving and him going on and on about he used to be even more disgusting than he is now.

Bourdain is such garbage. Liking him is a huge red flag, and such people should be avoided.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKZpqwhJUbs

I didn't call him sheltered. I called him gay. I'm not the only one that felt some gayish vibes from him.

Gamey=bad breath taste
Metallic=blood or old canned goods
Barnyardy=shit by a vegetarian animal

He uses nutty and earthy too. He had a good one the other day that I liked, he said somethng tasted like tree bark and old fabric (or something like it).

I know the head of HR for the Scripps network and he has spent time with both of these people and your assessments are 100% spot on

>he grew up in a shithole. it obviously was a pretty shitty shithole then, one that didn't teach much manners. but like I said, it's probably a stage persona anyway. All I can comment on is the way he acts on screen. I can't know the guy but i can comment on the behavior he has.

Yes, and?

Someone get this man a trophy. Fucking brilliant.

reminds me of Riley from the Boondocks (you know, because they're both black).

he was reacting to a shill video, simple as that. had some good points but that lady is paid to pander to those yuppies. they literally even showed her in their offices.

interesting channel though, only been up 3 months.

itt Gay Fiery fans

ITT: a Guy Fieri victim

DUDE TESTICLES LMAO

>That one time Zimmern cosplayed as Ichigo

fucking A

So while sharing his tragic backstory is nice, it doesn't really invalidate anything I mentioned.

With his love of testicles, pretty sure he's been gay for pay.

Not a bad video, but I don't get why he takes such issue with chopped cheese being compared to cheesesteak.

He's acting like it's some sort of outrageous comparison but it's just one ingredient swap and otherwise prepared exactly the same way.