Biggest Disappointments

What foods or beverages have been huge disappointments for you?

Pic 2 billion percent related. I thought that a pineapple, passion fruit, and cherry flavored lollipop that costed 3 goddamn dollars would blow my mind. What a bland piece of shit. Had they heard of citric/malic acid back in the '60s?

My son

Did you eat your son?

>le my life sucks nihilism meme XD
Go back to facebook

logarithmic scale of disappointment:
0.1 sushi that has green onion on it
0.15 hibiscus tea
0.3 josta
1 chicharones
13 those bottles of whiskey flavor they say you can add to vodka to make your vodka taste like whiskey
100 those wheat thins that aren't made out of wheat holy fuck

Saw that Coldstone had hibiscus sorbet one day. I like hibiscus tea, so I bought some of the sorbet. Tasted like Kool aid, not tart at all.
Had blueberry sorbet from a different place and that also was pretty disappointing.

Truffles. I spent $40 on a can of truffles and fried them up like any other mushroom with my full English. They were only in the pan for maybe 10 minutes, all the liquid evaporated, and they just tasted like slightly funkier mushrooms. Never again, don't understand what people see in them.

>frying truffles

idiot. the canned ones aren't very good, either.. i will agree that black truffles are one of the most overrated ingredients ever.

white ones are good, and black ones can also be good but it really depends on where you get them from. not worth $900/lb no matter what, though.

You can't get these where I live so when I saw them in an international candy shop I was really excited but wtf ew

Zima...shit was supposed to be clear beer. tasted like seven up. not even beer flavor. was sweet, nothing like a good 40 of mickeys. so disappoint.

The pull apart ones are infinitely better.

>implying the life sucks nihilism meme didnt start on Veeky Forums

Kek. That has to be a troll, thats not how to use truffels you fucking amateur.
Your own stupidity shat on those glorious mushrooms.
Just make Pasta, toss the pasta with some pasta water, parmesan, garlic and shallots in some butter.
grate some truffle on it, toss again and finish with more shaved truffle. There, buttery truffle pasta.

The Chinese place nearest the place a moved to a while ago. I didn't think it was possible to fuck up fried rice but damn did they prove me wrong.

The core of the joke was that he ate his son. Not that his life was memeshit u jackass. Go back to Google+

does that have alcohol?

They're like shitty red licorice cut with flavorless wax, really.

It sounds like given the price (implying not bait ofc), she bought shitty canned Chinese truffles anyway, so it really doesn't matter what she does with them.

This, plus this.

Biggest disappointment of my life. My parents' divorce as a kid was less devastating.

Did you get it from wal mart or something?
Starfruit is amazingly good. I shat myself the first time I had a piece.

I really like dragon fruit, it is just really light in flavor. I don't think the insane price tag is justified though.

I love starfruit! Not the most concentrated flavor but nice and tropical and juicy. Too bad they're always shitty looking at the store and like $7. Where I used to live they were at least halfway decent and only like $1.50, still over priced but reasonable.

Got tree growing on my deck but it's had some setbacks. Hopefully by next year it can start producing.

This sucks even though it looks cool. And before some weeb chimes in about how great it is, you can't argue that it's cumbersome as fuck to eat and has barely any fruit compared to seed and skin.

Also gooseberries taste like cloyingly sweet tomatoes, or tomato flavoured grapes.

Generally any fruit that isn't widely carried in grocery stores aren't carried for a reason. We're at the point where humans have come into contact with pretty much every fruit and vegetable out there and we've narrowed it down to the best ones.

weeb? nigga that shit grows in Colombia. Also fuck you that's literally the best tasting fruit that exists

>Josta
>Even a little disappointing

Fuck you man, I had two bottles of Josta when I was eight years old, and I still distinctly remember the flavor. That shit was the nectar of the gods.

The white meat made me imagine a subtly sweet creamy taste. Almost like a custard in fruit form.

If you have any russian food markets in your area they probably have guarana soda which is pretty much Josta.

But it's so lonely there.

I like the mangosteen drinks, looking at that I don't think I would enjoy the actual fruit.

Then you need one of these mah nigga. Literally custard in fruit form.

worst headache from just one. fuck those things.

I've had many before but this one was the first to pop in my head for some reason.

There were like 3 PB cups in the whole tub
fuck you dreyers

Fuck you, I'm an awesome cook. Everyone always compliments my sautéed caviar in sweet soy.

>Good
>40 of Mickeys

Pick one.

I've honestly never even seen this outside of Veeky Forums

I thought it was pretty good. I mean it's not bubblegum tasting like shit generic Pepsi, but isn't that the idea?

I got a can for a dollar and thought it had a nice bitter kick to it and real kola taste. reviewbrah said his was overly sweet and syrupy which makes me wonder if they're having quality control issues or trying out different formulas in the same can.

Asian pear

>cumbersome as fuck to eat
>barely any fruit compared to seed

You got scammed if that's the case. Opening a ripe mangosteen is far easier than peeling an orange, and the fruit should be meaty and juicy.

>Generally any fruit that isn't widely carried in grocery stores aren't carried for a reason.
That reason being that it's difficult to transport more exotic fruits to a grocery store while maintaining freshness.

I love mangosteens, but I only eat them when I'm in Singapore or Malaysia. The crap you get in supermarkets in N. America can't compare.