Why is it that I can buy deep fried chicken strips from my local takeaway for cheaper than I can chicken breasts from...

Why is it that I can buy deep fried chicken strips from my local takeaway for cheaper than I can chicken breasts from the supermarket?

Your takeaway buys in bulk and thus gets a discount.

It's also possible that they are buying meat that is marked down because it's just about to expire.

Because they get that shit for pennies wholesale and sell a great volume of that garbage to neckbeards like you

this

also, if you're buying chicken breasts at the supermarket you're doing it wrong. the breast is the most expensive retail cut of chicken. buy whole chickens instead. cut them up. use the breast meat to make your chicken strips. then use the rest of the chicken for other purposes. buying whole chicken is much much cheaper than breast meat.

Oh, and retail prices for quality ingredients tend to be quite a lot higher than wholesale prices for anything. Even the stuff that goes into your daily tendies, which probably wasn't aesthetically pleasing enough for supermarket suppliers to want it, would retail for higher than you would expect.

>buy whole chickens instead. cut them up
sounds messy

This.

There are different suppliers for restaurants, grocery stores, and factory type places that process it in large quantities.

It still seems silly that a take out place would be cheaper than homemade, but I guess that's just another reason to stop eating food geared towards 6 year old's.

>buy whole chickens instead. cut them up. use the breast meat to make your chicken strips. then use the rest of the chicken for other purposes

I don't have time for that shit

If I did that stuff I would be adding hours of cooking time to my day

It's easier just to walk to the takeaway and get it instantly

>garbage

Nah this stuff isn't bad for you. It's probably 60% chicken and 40% fried crumbing. Good enough ratio for me...

You can cut up a chicken in less time than it takes you to walk to the takeout.

You don't have to be Jacque Pepin to be able to take apart a chicken. It won't take you 10 minutes.

> high oil and far content
> Breading thats soaked in oil
> Tons of salt

Pls no

Why would the breading be soaked in oil? Are you frying it at an improper temperature or something?

>Tons of salt

junk science please go!

because you're an idiot who doesn't know how to shop. I could make more chicken tenders than an obese person could eat for under 5 dollars. what exactly are you paying and how many lbs of chicken tenders are you getting?

Yeah, but fried chicken strips at the super market beat both quality and price of any takeaway.

this frozen bag costs $6
how much do they cost at the tenders shoppe OP?

Fucking scrub. Get your shit together.

>the breast is the most expensive retail cut of chicken
But it's not. I can buy it far cheaper than any other cut. You have to account for the weight of the bones in shit like the thighs.

>0g TF
>per serving
I wish people were educated enough that they could just say "no hydrogenated oils" instead.

There is likely still partially hydrogenated oils used in the making of them, but since the amount per serving is likely

Amount of trans fats per serving*

The bones are deliciously messy. Use them to make your stocks and your food will taste like it was made by someone who can actually cook.

>tfw I know exactly where those lyrics are from
weird fucking choice there

One breast of chicken is like £1 AT WORST and can give you 3 tenders like 1/4 the cost of in food places unless you are talking about american chicken based blends

How do you fry chicken (or anything) without your apartment smelling greasy and dingy

I mean the smell of an apartment where they fry things regularly is much more dingy than those that don't.

It's not fair either because I'd love to fry things all the time, I just don't like the residual smell afterwards

I can get 1.5kg of chicken breast from my supermarket for £5. I could not get 1.5kg of chicken fried strips from any fast food place.

>deep fried chicken strips
They're called tendies. Stop trying to sugarcoat it.

Stop using shitty refined vegetable oils

I'm sure you've probably never broken down a whole chicken before so you don't know this, but there's an actual piece of flesh called the tender that's distinct from the breast and is what "chicken tenders" originally referred to.

These days your tendies are almost exclusively made from regular breast meat cut into strips, so OP is actually more accurate by calling them "fried chicken strips".

what do you recommend? I've tried peanut oil too.

Or would you suggest actual lard or butter?
I've heard that lard is actually the best thing to fry stuff in

If you are using refined peanut it shouldn't smell you have to keep the oil clean so it doesn't smoke and chuck it out after a few months depending how used it is you can filter it if you use it a few times or fry something not in batter. Using fats to fry is a lot of hassle and you cant filter the stuff easily or clean it

kill yourself egoistic dumb shit