because it tastes really good on lots of stuff

You need your B vitamins, don't you?

Do people Bragg about using this shit?

So you can bragg about it.

My mom put that stuff on her popcorn with butter

>not munching on some 'corn seasoned with the nootch'

>nooch

this bothers me for some reason

A friend of mine is a conspiracy theorist with flaky leanings. He was making a meal and started shaking something into it. I asked what it was and he said "nutritional yeast". He said it was great for you and made food taste really good.

Knowing what he thought of MSG, I proceeded to explain to him and his flake girlfriend why yeast makes things taste so savory. It was hilarious watching them squirm and stutter.

Why does yeast make things savoury?

Glutamic acid

If you're vegan, or simply can't have cheese for whatever reason, you can make faux cheese out of this stuff. It's not something you can really compare to real cheese, but it's good in its own way.

fuck off

wife uses it as an aid for lactation. i had always assumed it was because of its purines but now i've got to wiki glutamic acid.

At first, I thought that was a pic of their vinegar, which I use every single day, and I was like "wtf?".
But THEN, I saw it.
I fucking hate, hate, hate, nutritional yeast. It DOES NOT taste like cheese, it tastes like shit. The only time you should ever eat nutritional yeast is if you're pregnant.

this stuff is the tits too

we should just all meet up for a Veeky Forums dinner party. last win to leave alive at the end of the night wins! (bring your own fucked up seasoning and meats)

isnt this a vegan cheese substitute? its pretty bad honestly

soy sauce is streets better

It's sort of like parmesan cheese. I put it on popcorn (bonus: 8g protein per tablespoon!), or into white sauce, on steamed broccoli, on pizza, etc

Not a cheese substitute per se (most home-made cheese substitutes use things like cashew cream, coconut oil, tapioca starch, kappa carageenan, etc) but rather a topping that you can use similarly to parmesan cheese.

I certainly wouldn't eat it on it's own, but it's pretty good on pizza/popcorn, or in a sauce to add an extra bit of umami and protein.

Does it really taste like parmesan?

I like the Bragg line. Though I use plain brewers yeast, which I'm assuming is the same this as this nutritional yeast that you speak of. Lol of course it's nutritional. And being pregnant isn't to only time to use it. It's great for your digestive system. Also there's nothing wrong with MSG! Who doesn't like a sprinkle of it here and there?

Not exactly, though it is sort of cheesy/nutty/salty/savory like parmesan. I'd say it's better than pic related - but it's definitely not a substitute for an aged block of Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated. It has it's uses both as a topping (pizza/popcorn) and as an element in sauce or other recipes.

The difference is Bragg's nutritional yeast is fortified with b vitamins and a few other things.

Useful for a pump of savory when cheese or other stuff would be too much.

I use it primarily in sauces, not as a condiment.

bragg aminoes btfo of all soy sauces
fite me irl