/mc/- Macaroni General

Post your best recipes for Macaroni and cheese

A box of Velveeta shells and cheese.
I am not a sophisticated man.

Mac and some cheese

It's noodles and bechamel sauce do you really need a recipe? You can add all sorts of stuff to it and it's fine. I like sweating some onions and bacon before mixing the noodles and sauce but that's not groundbreaking

Comfort food isn't something you're supposed to fuck around with.

Haute funeral potatoes will never be a thing.

You should really try some of that 'go style 'ac 'n 'eese.

Watching an episode of Trip D and they had lobster mac and cheese. It looked delicious. Mixed the lobster and macaroni with some other stuff then baked it. Wow.

You guys ever try some different takes on normal mac and cheese? At a restaurant one time I had buffalo chicken mac and cheese with blue cheese crumbles on top, it was delicous. I'm wondering what else you could do with it

>kraft dinner
>unexpected ingredient
>van halen whammy bar it with the broiler
So tired of this.

your dub dubs really make me upset

Lobster mac is delicious, they somehow go so well together

>noodles

Fucking americans

Pasta is not the same as Noodles

>kraft dinner

Canadian detected

>0077

Meatballs

I promise you that no one in the first world really gives a fuck.

You are deficient in the brain. There is no meaningful difference between pasta and noodles. Pasta is just wog for paste which refers to the dough in this case.

I'm from the first world and I give a fuck

It triggers me and my other first world problems

white cheddar and a can of tuna.

Swiss style:
hörnli pasta, 500g/1lb
cheese, any good melting type (like gruyère or appenzeller), grated, 750g-1kg/1½-2lbs
caramelised onion, 150g/⅓lb
bechamel sauce, 1litre/quart
>ask for recipe if you don't know how to make bechamel sauce

Boil pasta in salted water to about half-way done, then drain.
Place pasta, cheese and onion into baking dish and stir to combine evenly throughout.
Pour bechamel sauce over it.
Bake in oven hotted up to 180°C/350°F until bubbly, melty and browned to desired doneness.
Remove and allow to cool some before serving.
Makes six, meal-sized portions or 12-18 side-dish-sized ones.

Variations.
Try any combination of the following:
replace up to half the pasta with any boiling variety of potato
add shredded ham or cut up würstli or cervelat to the onion/cheese/pasta step, adjusting salt accordingly
top with buttercrumb before baking
combine pasta, cheese and onion in a bowl and add to a saucepan of bechamel sauce to finish on the hob instead of in the oven
add prepared mustard to the bechamel sauce
add crushed, stewed tomatoes to the pasta along with the onions and cheese before mixing together and topping with bechamel sauce
use caramelised onion-and-mushroom rather than plain onion
top with additional shredded cheese before baking
top with crisp-fried onion before baking
use a flavoured bechamel sauce
add 500g (raw weight, but crumble cook it before use) beef mince in with the onion/pasta/cheese step, swap bechamel sauce for roux-thickened tomato sauce and use low-moisture mozzarella as the cheese
add blanched, shredded broccoli or kohlrabi or stewed cabbage

I feel like there's serious cultural differences between macs.

Looking for a copycat recipe for this. best boxed macaroni I've ever had

i sometimes use shredded cheddar because it makes it nice and gooey and i like to throw in come crushed bread crumbs some times too.

After careful research I have determined that dill and lots of black pepper are the only things that should go in mac.

Mustard was a mistake.

I made some beer cheese and Mac, added 2 round eye steak I had, along with tomatoes, onions, and peppers

Forgot pic

This is one of the better mac and cheese 'recipes' I have made and I think it is what you are looking for. Trader Joe's sells an amish white cheddar infused with black truffle. You can actually see the black specs in the block like course black pepper. Buy a block of this, I think it is 8oz, some hard parmesan, milk or cream, all purpose flour, and butter. Obviously you will need elbows or your preferred noodle as well. I used an entire large bag of elbows, the brick of cheddar, about 4oz of micro planed parmesan, and some bread crumbs and herbs as a topping. Just make a traditional mornay out of it and toss the noodles. Top with breadcrumbs and micro herbs, put in a broiler, easy peasy.

shit.... I'm hungry now

I once heated up some left over chili and mixed it up with mac and cheese.

W-was pretty good

How would you know? Or was user wrong in assuming you were from the US?

yurop is not the same as relevant

I like baking macaroni and cheese instead of making a cheese sauce. I don't like all that gooey shit, but I still use a lot of cheese.

Cook noodles
Get a casserole dish whatever
Milk
Cheese
Butter
Noodles
Butter
Cheese
A bit more milk
Put it in the oven at like 350-400 for like an hour I think.
It will have the right amount of grease and you can cut out squares of it for portions, but it won't be too hard either.