Why can't an adult order an item off the kid's menu at a sit-down restaurant?

Why can't an adult order an item off the kid's menu at a sit-down restaurant?

youtube.com/watch?v=1exANLDR2dk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OeeANuTA1gI
youtube.com/watch?v=TqxDY2_gySo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we're a quarter of a century old
>we both have medical conditions where we don't like spending a lot of money
>make an exception for us to that we can waste your time and take up a table by ordering $5 worth of food

How can you sit through that crap?

>I'M JEWISH

Well that explains it.

>hurr durr we're 2mature4coloring
>proceed to act like children

This manager is amazing. Impressed at his composure.

IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

youtu.be/OeeANuTA1gI

You European?

You kind of have to be in the US. Customers like to goad people into lashing out because it gives them a reason to sue.

Because part of the restaurant business strategy is likely selling kids non profitable food for cheap in order to lure in their parents that split an appetizer before their entrees and daddy spends ten bucks on two beers

>daddy spends ten bucks on two beers

that's better than mommy spending 12 bucks on one margarita

>stating the obvious

Isn't that discrimination? Where is the difference between "I won't sell you that because of your age" and "I won't sell you that because you're a nigger"?

Cause age based discrimination doesn't really count against young kids

What's the difference between I won't let you see that r rated movie cause your 12

And I won't let you see that r rated movie cause your black

jesus this guy uploads a lot of shit

It goes the other way, too. It's like trying to get an over 50 discount when you're 25. The idea with kids meals is they are providing meals "palatable to children" at a low price, and the idea with old folk's pricing is that they've put up with high prices for shit their whole lives, or maybe some kind of goodwill towards old farts. The guy who did this video is an asshole.

Age based discrimination is different than something like racism. You can't choose what color your skin is, and while you can't choose your age, every one is equal in that they all begin as kids, are expected to act like adults when they become adults, and then if they live long enough become decrepit old people.

It's not discrimination if it's an agreed upon social convention to treat kids and old people differently when it literally applies to everyone. It's the same reason not hiring old people is frowned upon - we all know we might end up there someday.

Well what if I fucking DIE?

what if it's an agreed upon social convention to not serve fucking niggers

Under the Age Discrimination Act, age is only a protected class over 40 and only in the case of employment. This is why senior discounts and apartments that only rent to old people are legal. If a restaurant wanted to have a menu you can only order from if you're old enough to run for president, it would be perfectly legal.

Why would they agree upon that?

I would argue he should be allowed to order off the kids menu since he has the social skills of a 7 year old. Take away his driver's license and legal ability to sign contracts, and let him eat all the alfredo noodles covered in shit loads of parmesan that he wants.

It would be one thing to make an exception if he was there with his parents who were ordering real meals, but he's literally just repeatedly yelling to the manager, "I DISCOVERED THIS GREAT DEAL CALLED THE KIDS MENU! MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR ME!", when restaurants don't make money off of the kids menu. It's just a way to get parents to be able to bring their kids to the restaurant and is cheaper than hiring a babysitter.

As a restaurant manager myself, this guy should've just given up the ghost on the first shot. Wasting that much time from arguing to dealing with the cops, he could've been out taking care of his other customers.

He seems like an inexperienced manager though, if I saw these guys who wanted to act and eat like kids recording footage in my place, I would've kicked them out. What a waste of human effort.

>I would've kicked them out

That seems like the obvious response (I couldn't watch more than a minute of the video without being annoyed by how big of jackasses they were obviously intentionally being).

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a chain as big as RL gives it's manages a 200 page guide on how to handle every possible situation, and kicking them out just so that he can be made to look like the dick on youtube the next day wouldn't have been the best option.

>act like a complete asshole
>still eat the obvious shitbait food

>third of the price for third of the food

am i the only one who thinks this?

spit bait even

As a womanlet I would love to order off kids menus. Perfect portion sizes. Even when a place has half size meals (which is RARE) they're still 2/3 the price. Restaurants are so misogynistic and diet-phobic, they don't serve meals in portions suitable for REAL WOMEN. Instead they FORCE us to order 2-3x the food we could ever even eat in one sitting and charge more. It's sizeist. They're fatnormative establishments.

bitch real women have curves, stop fucking enabling the image that we all have to be petite and hang off the arm of a man.

Global rule 3.
GLOBAL RULE 3.

you will

Real women are petite and moe. Anything over 140 lbs is a cow. Not human--bovine, suidae, barn animal, COW.

I deserve to be treated with respect and offered portions fitting for my stature. Kids menu rights for womanlets nao.

I'm on Veeky Forums, I'm pretty much in my natural habitat. I'm even posting this from the literal kitchen in my apartment.

SOMEONE SHOOT IT BEFORE IT EATS ALL OF US

It's perfectly legal to not sell to someone based on race. It's just such an unpopular move that you'll lose all your other business too.

>buy regular meal
>have leftovers
???

I'm not always heading home after, and I would still be forced into buying twice as much food as I wanted because of fatnormative sizeist food standards.

Why can't people wear whatever they want to a restaurant?

What's the deal with formal dress codes? If I'm paying for the food, why does it matter if I'm wearing a shirt and jeans?

You can do anything you want as long as it doesn't affect someone else. People go out to nice restaurants not simply for the food, but also for the ambiance, and to have something like a special experience. Someone showing up looking like a slob negates the ambiance, the experience, and is kind of a slap in the face to everyone who took a shower and put on nice clothes to have a fancy night out... jesus christ why am i even explaining this.

Uhhhhh no it's not, in the US. See Civil Rights Act of 1962.

If something is a public accommodation, you can't discriminate on protected categories.

You can't put out a sign saying, "whites only", or otherwise systematically refuse to serve a particular group, but any private business can put up a, "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign and not be legally obligated to sell stuff to somebody they don't want to sell stuff to.

Disappointed that he didn't refer to muh constitution quite frankly.

I don't think he's actually religious.

that is such a cute pic

if you continue to shitpost please dump more cute animes

Yes, spending more money IS worse than spending slightly less money. Good thinking, tex.

He deleted the video?

Yes.

Video summary:

>guy is sitting in restaurant with a friend and his girlfriend
>opens up with guy asking waiter if they can make an exception and allow him to order off kid's menu
>waiter says they can't do that and ask if he would like to see the manager
>manager shows up and explains that they don't allow adults to order off kid's menu unless they are elderly or have a medical condition
>guy says his medical condition is that he gets ill if he spends a lot of money
>manager lets him order from kid's menu
>guy is handed a coloring activity sheet and proceeds to color while waiting for his food
>his food arrives and he pours half a bottle of Parmesan cheese all over his pasta
>when the bill arrives guy sees that he will have to pay adult prices for the drinks
>manager explains that when an adult orders off the kid's menu, they are given adult sized drinks instead of kid sized drinks
>guy refuses to pay since manager didn't explain the drink policy beforehand
>manager gets police involved
>police say they'll arrest the guy if he refuses to pay $2.25
>guy says he'll pay and pays with a $100 bill
>after he gets his change he asks for a receipt

you're an angel

youtube.com/watch?v=TqxDY2_gySo

i'm guessing this is it

he re-uploaded it for some reason

>he missed his chance to announce his autism
pitiful

rules are made to be broken 8-)

You absolutely can. It not supposed to be legal but places do it and get away with it despite loads of public backlash. Google gary's chicaros

like buildings..... or people! >:)