What does Veeky Forums think of Masaharu Morimoto?

What does Veeky Forums think of Masaharu Morimoto?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iXp_iaqd00c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hack

he's a decent chef for japanese-trained and is a solid entrepreneur. i'd work in one of his kitchens based off what i've seen and heard.

I like him. He seems like a cool guy.

youtu.be/iXp_iaqd00c
he seems pretty nice, at least on camera.

I prefer my niggas chen and hiroyuki when it comes to iron chef though

I wonder if he hates Bobby Flay.

pretty cute desu senpai

He is a maste of his art, but noone can top Nushashi Kanamiki. You can also really see that he loves to work as a cook.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, to this day, Morimoto still holds a grudge against Flay for standing on the table. I mean, sure, he acts nice on camera with Flay, but still.

Literal who

I wish they would dub over his voice with someone that speaks better English but still sounds Japanese and just pretend that's how he actually sounds.

Everyone hates Bobby Flay.

I wonder if he actually makes good food. I've always been unimpressed by him. Seems like he adds roasted corn and poblanos to every dish and claims it's a southwestern take on whatever dish it was supposed to be

Heard he had a really shitty childhood

Yep, talks about in the video linked to.

Ate at his restaurant at Downtown Disney when it first opened up. It was pretty good.

I've been wanting to try that place. I heard morimoto himself is doing a $250/person omakese dinner there.

He's no Rock-you-sub-you-roll Michiba.

Rokusaburo is a badass name

Possibly the first couple of days it was open he did that, but I never heard anything about it and I was there less 2 weeks after it opened. Regardless the food was excellent and will be going back. After completing the golden spoon at Disney.

>a grudge
Most of Iron Chef's drama is contrived.
Flay apologized for it. If Morimoto has a serious, real life chip on his shoulder for a perceived insult then he needs to fuck off.
This, on the other hand, is absolutely true.
Throwdown was a joke of a television show. He had a 1:2 win/loss ratio. That's abysmal.

it was last weekend, not a regular thing.

I fucking hate the dub. His accent may be strong, but it's still perfectly understandable if you take a moment to focus.

Let the dude speak, not some VO monkey.

t. VO monkey

Rokusaburo = Rock USA Bro

It was kind of a bad tv show, but that win/loss ratio of going against a successful restaurateur's dish of choice? That seemed the most authentic part about it. Its like if American Gladiator's final challenge was to go against the guest NFL linebacker in a game of tackle-the-shit-out-of-someone.

I used to watch Iron Chef completely subbed. I was VERY annoyed when the Food Network bought the show and used some of the shittiest voice actors.

Didn't know about that or hear anything about it. We ate at Sanaa last Saturday.

My gripe with the subs was that they only bothered to subtitle about half of what the people were actually saying. There was a ton of dialogue that simply got skipped over.

The dub voices weren't great, but at least they translated 100% of what was being said.

Both had various other problems though:
-99% of the time when they said something was "grilled" they actually meant "roasted in the oven"
-the term "soup" was used interchangeably for an actual finished dish as well as for stock/broth.

He had the coolest uniform.

What's with the goofy grin in that photo? Normally on Iron Chef he looked hard as fuck when "ascending into kitchen stadium"