Is Dairy Queen the most disgusting restaurant? I'm very familiar with only 3 Dairy Queens, but they're all terrible...

Is Dairy Queen the most disgusting restaurant? I'm very familiar with only 3 Dairy Queens, but they're all terrible. The food is pretty good, but I can't stand going. There are two in northern Iowa I've been to. Both are slow as ass. One of them is nice and clean on the inside, but the other is filthy. Full of flies, and it has these awful purple seats. It's the most visually repulsive restaurant I've ever been in.

The other is in a small coal mining town in Virginia. A little bit faster, but almost as dirty. I feel gross sitting in there. I keep thinking that surly they would be shut down if it's dangerous, but I'm not positive. It's really gross. Are all Dairy Queens like this?

Either them or waffle house.

I haven't been to either very many times. But I remember that EVERYTHING at DQ had this very odd greasy taste. They must use a pecuilar oil for their deep fryer.

And dirty--yeah. The tables, chairs, etc. were all sort of sticky/greasy to the touch--as though they had been wiped with a dirty rag, but there was never any actual soap involved.

Those are probably old, aged Dairy Queens that have been there since the days before McDonalds took all their business.

Corporate probably only gives a shit about food court DQ's.

where i live we have two DQs

one is a corporate grill n chill restaurant where the inside is clean modern and the food actually comes out good.

The other looks like its straight from the 80s, has christian messages everywhere and closes every sunday.

its dirty and old inside and they always jew you on food, like giving you tiny ass pieces of chicken in your strip basket.

needless to say i go to the one that isnt a Christian fuckhole

No, they also have some of the best tendies out of all the fast food places. and the texas toast they serve with it is comfy as fuck

The texas toast sucks asshole because it has some kind of nasty fake butter substitute on it.

The two near me are kind of like that. One is clearly older than the other. But last time I went through the drive-thru at the new one it took forever, and the guy giving me my food looked like his outfit hadn't been washed in a while. There were drops of ice cream all over it, and also on his arms when he was handing me the food.

Old DQ in the northeast was awesome. BBQ sandwiches, dankest tendie plate, toast. Then icecream. Now DQ is poverty as shit

I only get DQ Blizzards or the cheese curds. For me Wendys and KFCs are always the dirtiest

My Wendy's is really good. Plus it has literally the best drive-thru I've ever been through in my life. It's always incredibly fast and always hot. My KFC is pretty bad though, but not near as bad as Dairy Queen.

>Going to a franchised restaurant non-ironically

I got food poisoning from a chicken sandwich at a DQ once.
At least the blizzard made the throwing up a little more bearable

Had a Reese's blizzard last night, shit was good as fuck

Oreos the best senpai

every time i decide i want something else to eat with my blizzard the food i get is colder than the fucking ice cream. the "it's fan food, not fast food" slogan is right because it takes 7-10 minutes for a fucking burger and fries when the restaurant is dead.

Dairy Queen is pretty lax as far as franchising goes (they were among the first in the US to do it). There are locations in my city that have declined to renovate three times over, some have the older and better chili and some have the garbage newer chili, etc. And of course the service is very slow unless you're paying for the top dollar dessert menu.
If you find one that's staffed by competent people and the owner gives a shit, you're pretty much golden.

>staffed by competent people and the owner gives a shit
Where can I find one of these Dairy Queens?

The fries at mine are shit. Burgers are okay. Ice cream is fantastic. Last two times I've gone they forgot my Blizzard and I had to go up and ask for it.
God, I need to quit fast food.

>Northerncucks don't get to enjoy delicious steak fingers

Who goes to DQ and gets anything besides ice cream?

Their icecream sucks

It used to be known for having various sandwiches and burgers.

>I've never had an orange julius
Kids these days.

I worked at one for 2 years. It varies quite a bit. We only swept and mopped at night, so if there was a huge rush, the lobby would get dirty. The summer is the worst for that because it is a constant rush. The one I worked with was very strict about how clean our kitchen had to be and how sanitary our food was. It's slow because they can't hold fries or chicken for too long or you'd have to throw it out. If you order cheese curds or onion rings, they need to be fried for like 3 minutes. Things like iron grilled sandwiches and quesadillas took forever to make just because of all of the steps. Fuck quesadillas. Why would a Dairy Queen have quesadillas?

The shirts always look like that on busy days. The blizzard mixers spray everywhere.

Kek
Is the one in VA the Gum Spring DQ that's part of a BP station?

I dont mind their blizzards but their food menu is all microwaved. Im never getting food there again.

I'm in the south, where the fuck you at?

Then you didn't go to a Grill 'N Chill, there's one on the outskirts of Richmond VA that had a very limited non-ice cream menu and they nuked everything and it wasn't a Grill 'N Chill, the GNCs have to have a hood vent system for the fryers

They called it boosting. Every burger gets put in the boosting oven for 11-22 seconds. I hope that it's mostly to melt the cheese.

They probably just don't clean their fryer.

The one by me is pretty decent. I think it was built fairly recently though. The food is pretty good, but it's a tad expensive.

>The texas toast sucks asshole because it has some kind of nasty fake butter substitute on it.
This. So it's not just me that can taste the fakeness. I do appreciate that the chicken comes with country gravy, though. That I can get behind.

Yelper here. Can confirm that DQ is the worst. Pic related, I checked in as we waited 20 minutes in the drive thru. For the last 10 minutes we tried to get their attention by waving and knocking on the window so we could cancel our order and get our money back. But they pulled that nigger shit where no staff (all nig nogs) will not make eye contact or look in the direction of the window until they arrive with your food and it's too late. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Next time i will get out and go in and go behind the counter and raise hell if necessary

DQ is probably the least consistent fast food place ever. The one closest to me is somewhat old (10 years or so) and is straight up a 50/50 whether the service is fast and the food is good or the service is shit and the food sucks.

The one a little farther from my house is a bit newer and more consistent, but last time I had the steak tendies they weren't up to par.

It's really quite maddening.

Always seems like they're only good if I'm driving to Austin or San Antonio and they're in a small town.

No. This one is in Stonega.

Holy shit, that's over the border from cousin-fucking territory

I wouldn't have a hard time saying it's objectively the worst city in the world.

They're slow and I'd never sit down at one, but I love their blizzards and flamethrowers.

I prefer a frosty and a burger though. Wendy's my bae.

I've literally only ever been to DQ for blizzards. I didn't know they served actual food for years.

DQ chili cheese dogs are actually GOAT.

Wendy's seems to vary hugely from one place to another. Some seem old and dingy, have slow service and when the food does get to you it's mediocre and lukewarm. Others are modern and clean - the one I'm thinking of was well staffed, had quick service, and the food was always nice and hot when it got to you, except every so often you'd get the last fries from an old batch. Then management changed, they either cut back on staffing (or some of the better employees quit because the new manager was kind of a dick), and the service got worse. They still kept it nice and clean, though.

>I do appreciate that the chicken comes with country gravy

hell yeah

who else here /DQgravy/? they're toast is damn good to

The Wendy's near me was amazing. Run by some based Indian dudes. Always called me "boss". Gave me free shit all the time and everything was always hot and fresh.

Closed down a few years ago, unfortunately. We did get an amazing mom and pop burger place in its place, though, so I'm not too upset.

Texas

I like the toast. It's not Zaxby's, but it gets the job done.

Man I love getting gravy with my tendies. The main thing that keeps me coming back to DQ

I don't eat the gravy, but I'm eating a tendies basket now. Great stuff.