/alcohol/ general

Alcohol general

Favourite brand of bourbon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCXkAy5XvcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pretending you like the taste of alcohol

my favourite brand of anything is whatever is the cheapest shit to ease and shorten the transition to death

You posted it. Runner up goes to pic related.
t. 16 year old

Thats my 2nd too senpai, good taste confirmed

It's overrated but still good.

I don't like the high-proof shit tho.

Old Grandad is fucking great

Maker's tastes like shit. If you're going to mix it: fine, whatever.
I drink Bulliet as my go-to but prefer 2bar.
Four Roses has plenty of good varieties (age, batch size).
Rowan's Creek, despite being a MGP sourced product, is super tasty.
High West's Bourye (Bourbon and Rye blend) or Son of Bourye is fucking GREAT.

But, yeah, 2Bar is excellent.

>tfw live in the UK
>can't find rye fucking anywhere
Bulleit and Buffalo Trace are my go-to, had four roses once and it was great

I just wish this country didn't have such a raging hard-on for scotch and diversified its bourbon selection a little

I've got three days off and whilst I haven't bought a bottle of bourbon in like two weeks I'm really jonesing for booze. I know I'll just feel like shit once I have the first drink though. Obviously I'll feel better once I continue drinking but I'll feel so low with the first few.

I really should just go without. Need something to keep my mind off it.

>Bulleit

been drinking some bulleit lately and believe it or not jim beam something something $50 price range version

lift some weights man, keeps me occupied enough

what

Babbys 21 first bottle

>"heh, I'm a refined drinker too, heh heh"

Seriously? Grow up and suck back whatever alcohol you can get your hands on like a real al/ck/

Big fan of blantons only buy it when its at costco tho

>grow up and suck back whatever will get you wasted like a proper child
FTFY

I did a shot of makers mark at a wedding recently and it wasn't terrible, I now know what I like to drink

good choices, but here comes a superior brown liquor

Check Masterofmalt or thewhiskyexchange user

Bumping with a giggle.

I'm usually a beer guy but I'm trying to minimize the amount of calories I take in.

What's the best diet soda/alcohol mix?

Can someone from Russia or Slavic Europe tell me what brand of Vodka to buy to impress my Slavic friends? (they range from Albanian, Russian to southern Russian)

I have Russian Standard but don't wanna look like a gimmick

Gin and tonic is literally the single healthiest alcoholic drink you can get

Vodka and diet lemon-lime soda is also a decent alternative

Depends on how much you wanna spend.
$20ish Evan Williams single barrel.
35$ Henry Mckenna
45$ four roses single barrel
50-70 is where it starts to get interesting. My favorites are Bookers, EH Taylor (any run), blantons, pic related is my favorite at these moment. Stagg Jr, it'll run you about $60.

If it's not obvious I love me some bourbon.

Gotta fight that malaria.

>gin and tonic

Does this shit even taste good?

Would something like diet sprite or mountain dew be good with vodka or rum?

Gin and tonics are great, but this guy is talking out his ass. Quinine is an anti-malarial compound but unless you live in a third-world shithole that is of no consequence to anyone, and most commercial tonic has just as much sugar as sodas.

Isd 1 drink per hour enough to stave off withdrawals? It's very difficult to do at the moment because my stomach lining is fucked up right now. So I won't bother if it won't even help.

I normally drink a fifth a day.

>Does this shit even taste good?
>Would something like diet sprite or mountain dew be good with vodka or rum?

G&T probably isn't going to be a good match for a child's palate like the one you have.

It's brilliant.

Vodka, yes. Rum is too overpowering for those mixers.

>mixed drinks
>adult palate

ok bud

Like I said, I'm a beer guy. I know nothing about mixed drinks or cocktails. They've always seemed too feminine for me.

I just want something that tastes good for the least amount of calories possible.

Every gin and tonic is different, there is bound to be one combination that you like.
I was never a gin drinker until I tried a few different G&Ts on holiday, the range and variety is outstanding.
What flavours do you prefer? Citrus? Aniseed? Cinnamon? Apples?

They all sound good. I'm just not in the mood to drink something neat or close to it right now.

>this guy is talking out his ass
That's just the legend of why gin and tonic is a thing, I didn't make it up.

>I know nothing about mixed drinks or cocktails.
You're correct, they're a faggots drink.

Favorite cheap rum?

A G&T mixed properly is like soda, that shit goes down easy

Any recommendations?

Glass full of ice, mix Tanqueray 10 with Fever Tree elderflower at 2:3 ratio, squeeze a bit of lemon juice and garnish with the zest

Thanks, but I think I'll just buy some diet Sprite and Vodka.

Your loss

any chance of getting high quality aged whisky for around 30-40$ like you can with rum? You can pick up a 12 year old rum for like 32$. talkin your appleton, el dorado, etc.

all i ever see in that price range is maybe knob creek or bulleit. i usually buy old granddad 100 or evan williams bottled in bond for 16-18$

how cheap you talkin?

shit like captain morgan, sailor jerry, blackheart, kraken, baccardi?

if you want to just get uber fucked up, go with baccardi 151.

good mixers are stuff like
meyers dark, goslings black seal, cruzan black strap, plantation, mount gay white

you want sipping stuff? look for the aged (usually 7 year+) stuff like appleton, el dorado, zaya, pussers, brugal, plantation, diplomatico, pampero.

the most expensive thing on that list should be maybe $40 if the pricing is gay where you live.

if you're in the UK market, pick up pussers 15year old with the red label. amazing stuff.

You are a colossal fag.

Diet Coke and Evan Williams, how am I doing?

does all gin taste like pinecones? i tried beefeater and then new amsterdam.

beefeater was straight up ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES tier botanical

new amsterdam had some citrus i think, but still, mostly botanicals.

If you want more citrus, go for Bombay. It's my gin of choice, has strong hints of lemon, juniper, and licorice.

Am I also a 16 yo. if i dont like the taste of alcohol and only drink it because im sad sometimes?

I hate all alcohol except beers and juicy sweet cocktails, but recently I tried Bombay and it was the fucking bomb.

Love the piney taste of juniper in gin, so I guess beefeater would be good to try? What about Hendricks?

Regardless of trolling, enjoy your month global ban.

If I wanted to appreciate alcohol I would drink something neat.

Your little recipe is way too complex for a drink.

I suppose it's not technically a Bourbon, but my local distillery's award winning rested whiskey is by far my favorite.

Really good stuff, pic related is a bottle of the owner's very own private reserve that predates the distillery itself.
Excellent stuff

I'm not a huge fan of beefeater but when bars only carry beefy and Gordon's, beefeater is the better IMO. It has enough of the botanical flavors to make anyone happy.

I haven't had Hendricks because it's pricey as hell in my area but I heard a lot of comparisons of Hendrick's and Bombay so I can live with that.

user, reread that pls.

Anyone else feel like they can only like themselves while drunk? Every time I'm sober I want to kill myself but when I drink the shame disappears.

Buy gin. Buy tonic water. Pour both into a glass and stir. Add lime or whatever other shit makes you happy. The recipe is in the name

best cheap gin?

>award winning
Like that even means anything

yes and yes. 101 is cheaper tho so its usually on my shelf more often. buffalo trace is also great

Ah, nothing like 'cky 'skey.

I usually get Jim Beam.

>Not single malt

Uncultured pleb.

>They've always seemed too feminine for me.
not even close. do you only visit bars when on vacation in disney or something?

Skinny Bitch

Old Monk

I'm just going to come out and say, of all the cheap alcohol types (vodka, tequila, bourbon, rum, ect) Jim Beam is the best tasting value booze.

In terms of high quality, Angels Envy is really good. I also recommend Buffalo Trace.

Moscow mule or dark and stormy.

Get a good spicy ginger beer and mix with some dark rum or vodka, add a bit of lime juice and maybe a mint leaf or so. Bretty gud.

JTS Brown is way better than Beam and cheaper too. You know it's Kentucky's finest, it says so twice on the label.

Only the best for me tonight

Anyone have some recommendations for a good bottle, 50 dollars or less, to get some friends as a gift?

Four Roses Small Batch is a pretty good bourbon that's not too pricey

Thanks friendo.

Nice, brother.

Alright bros, I want to diversify my alcohol consumption beyond drinking on nights out to get wasted with the lads

I don't know really what I like beyond tequila beers such as Desperados and Guinness, my go-to whenever at the pub

Strongly dislike vodka although I've never really had 'premium' vodka, just shit like smirnoff

Any suggestions on that minimal info?

Vodka is a spirit that is meant to be odorless and tasteless. It's one of the great jokes of the booze biz. It's really more about mouth feel. IMO the vodka with the best mouth feel is made with potatoes, not grain.

That said, Most vodka is made with grain.

If you wish to diversify, the world is your oyster. Only you will know what you like and these preferences change.

Tequila gin rums whiskeys soju wines.

Some alcohol is meant for sipping. Beer is meant for drinking.

To drink spirits, they add various shit. If you want to drink, get a cocktail. If you want to sip, get higher end whiskeys, wines, etc.

Try a margaritta with a good white tequila. The anejo and repasado are more for sipping.

>Vodka is a spirit that is meant to be odorless and tasteless

It's hard to put into words what I dislike about vodka but it's more the feeling after I drink it, feels gut wrenching unlike any other spirits

I kind of want to get into sipping alcohol for whatever reason, seems like a good way to enjoy it. Any specific recommendations?

I have evolved to enjoy boutique spirits. Something that feels like something beyond just drinking because you will remember the experience and friends more than what you tasted.

Whisky - American bourbon basil Hayden
Gin - Plymouth gin.
Rum - pirat
Red wine - California cabs from oakville. Spanish reds from Priorat or ribira de duero Pinot noir from Washington state or Oregon.
White wine - not a big fan but like Chardonnay from Rombauer.
Tequila - like milagro.

i drink canadian club or canadian mist

expensive brands of alcohol are just overrated

Then just drink liquor. Fuckin' retard.
If liquor doesn't taste good to you on its own, then go back to your fucking hops soda.

No, just shitty gin.
I suggest GunClub by Sun Liquor or Beehive Gin.
Hedge Trimmer is good, as is Aviator and Botanist.
Botanist (oddly) is probably the least flavor forward of any of them.
Generally, if you want something a bit more herbatious without being too "pineconey" try for Navy Strength gins

If you like tequilas then look into Reposado and anjeo styles. Basically barrel aged tequila (or Mescal). Gives it a lot more nuance and flavor. Good sipping drinks.

Tounge of the Jew

Thanks guys, will look out for these

I am a Minnesotan and there are some local Gins that are outstanding. Lawless and tattersall. But I expect limited reach. That's the point. Drink something with a story and a feel. Because the taste matters less than the hype says.

Yeah, local will normally be the way to go. Hence why I suggest Gun Club and Hedge Trimmer (local to me, and better than any main line gin I can get) and Beehive (local to extended family)

Mixing 3 ingredients together is complex?

I like Four Roses.

Try typing coherently

Tanqueray is quite junipery as well, way less botanical and citrus then bombay

What the fuck is up with that giant glass, its not wine you fucking mong

Get some single malts your plebs.
youtube.com/watch?v=lCXkAy5XvcU

I'm turning 21 in a month. Live in Kentucky. Now the moonshine here is insane, after almost 5 years I can still taste what I had, not some commercial label shit, actual Popcorn style spring water.
I can't stop thinking about Pernod Absinthe.
I just cant care about whisky and bourbon as much as the rest.

And honestly? Pic related, please.

I've read many restaurants will let you bring your own wine to dinner. I think that's awesome.
>cocktail mixes and syrups are memes
>skinnygirl fucbois
:)

I cant find Blanton's or Eagle Rare anymore.

send help

Who gives a shit. Bourbon is a bitch drink.

Fuck no, if you are buying cheap bourbon McKenna is miles ahead of Jim Beam. Not sure if it is on the same price point everywhere else in the world but here in Aus they cost the same.

Not a wine glass you goober.

I've had more Tequila and Vodka than anything. Only ever tried Jack Daniels and I'm no fan. Actually I've had more moonshine brands than anything else, but Ive drank more vodka. I've only ever tried gin with gatorade, and it was nice. Rum is really cool too.

I also bought a cocktail recipe book and wine book so I won't be completely in the dark.

Im not saying its a wine glass, im saying thats a lot of whisky, and by the end you probably wont be able to taste it properly (though considering its makers mark, perhaps thats the intent)

Best (not expensively stupid) way to make Moscow Mules?

Ah, can't argue with you there then.

Hendricks is very nice imo. It's very soft, bit of botanical and a nice citrus taste towards the end. Mixed with tonic and cucumber it's amazing.

>it's a american "whisky" thread

Step 1: Buy vodka, ginger beer and lime
Step 2: Make Moscow mule

Don't know if it's meme Tier Buffalo Trace is my go-to Whiskey now

I've always been a drinker (read as alcoholic) but I decided i'd try gin a few days ago since it was one of the only choices i havent had before. What the fuck it smells like bug spray and tastes even worse.

Whats /AG/'s least favorite alcoholic choice?