Type 2 Diabetes Diet

So I just found out I have type 2 diabetes (which sucks because im only 20 and only weigh 195 when I'm 6'1).

What is a good diet to follow? I already know I need to cut out all fast food and sugary garbage, but anything to help prevent this and hopefully never have to take insulin.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4190933/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21483296
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3477773/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4379741/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dmrr.2519/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4176754/
iodinethailand.fda.moph.go.th/kmfood/file/252.PDF
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20019285
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how is this even possible? Do you eat nothing but candy?

Stop eating candy, desert, and stop drinking all soda immediately

No i dont eat candy at all really. The only bad thing is soda which ive been drinking since i was like 11.

i have type 1 diabetes imo its all bullshit and its a eating disorder where you fuck your shit up essentially
'
depending on how damaged your pancreas is they say its type 1 or type 2 they just have theories they dont know whats going on

before i developed it i was binge eating carbs and sodas and gatorade all day long 24/7

just dont do that and you have to be fasting as least some duration during the day like normal people... thats what keeps their sugar levels normal

when youre a depressed neet who has nothing to do , you keep eating and eating keeping your sugar way out of check too long and then you go to the hospital and say muh diabetes

So what you are saying is it doesnt really matter as long as i dont eat like a fatass?

Best way to curb soda? Im always on/off with soda, i think my longest cut was 6 months but i always end up drinking one, then im back to drinking them every other day.

Don't come on Veeky Forums for health advice, you cocknugget, ask your doctor and find a nutritionist..
Find some associations near you, get help, get active.

Also I guess I should say this is self diagnosed as I haven't been to the doctor but I have all the symptoms.
>peeing more than normal
>lethargy
>numb feet/hands sometimes
>a burning tingling sensation in my arm/elbow
etc

And I'm assuming it's type 2 because I thought type 1 was genetic and nobody in my family has it that I know of.
>tfw mom is a 400lb hamplanet that doesn't have the beetus but im 90% positive i do
just kill me senpai

Diabetes is caused by high-fat low-fiber low-carb diets and obesity, not sugar or carbs.

Do you not have a doctor and/or nutritionist who is advising you on this?
The first thing you want to do is lose weight (unless you are lean, which I doubt). 195 is overweight for 6'1, you could lose 40 pounds and be fine. Adipose tissue contributes towards diabetes

As for diet, high-carb low-fat diet based on whole foods, limited animal products. Example Ma-Pi 2 diet
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4190933/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21483296
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3477773/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4379741/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dmrr.2519/full
Similar diets are Ornish, Fuhrman ,etc. Legumes every day is a good idea.

What you typically don't want to do is restrict carbs out of fear of glucose/insulin.

if youre organs are being damaged or have been damaged you might have to take insulin at least for the mean time like me but you sound like youre still semi healthy

but ya soda is a massive killer just to be honest you should completely stop drinking that ever again

use 100% stevia extract a natural sweetener derived from a leaf in south america with 0 effect on blood glucose

to make your own drinks at home

or "truelemon" flavor packets look them up theyre very tasty

also cut carbs dramatically whether its bread or rice or potatoes or ice cream or pizza

im sure they told you this

Well the first thing you want to do is go to a doctor and have it checked out, rather than posting on fucking Veeky Forums about it. The most important thing is your fasting glucose and insulin, it doesn't matter what symptoms you have.

I just drink seltzer water with lemon. They have some flavor ones that are decent too.

this is great advice. I used to be a soda fiend. Be careful tho because not all brands are 0 cal with nothing but water and bubbles. You will feel much better once you stop drinking it soda.

also investing in a higher tier spring water will go a long way to making you not want to throw up when you take a sip of water

ya just make sure its not the aspartame added or sucralose added fruity drinks at the store

those give you brain damage

Probably a good idea to not listen to advice from Dr. Veeky Forums and speak to a real professional.

Type 1 and 2 are completely different diseases, are you actually retarded user?

Type 1 here, I'm assuming this is crossover knowledge for you OP.
I compensate with amount of carbs with differing dosages of insulin, but the easiest thing to do is try and stick to Low GI foods over High, and try to reduce amount of pure sugar you intake. Lollies, junk food and whatever other high sugar foods you have are easy to cut out or replace. Stuff like real dark chocolate is your friend in that regard.

You shouldn't really be constantly grazing on bulk carbs, so learn to love low-fat protein based snacks. Meat, eggs and nuts are your friends for snacking. To be honest; go nuts with meats and cheeses since they're 0 carbs, though minimising fat is good.

Oh, and exercise.

TL;DR
>Low GI carbohydrates
>Cut excess sugar
>Proteins r gud

>Go see a dietician

It's also genetic. 3 people in my family have it and it was diagnosed to them in their 20s and 30s. I'm in 20s but that doesn't mean it won't appear.

This is how my grandpa eats, and he's 81 even though they told him he will be lucky if he gets to his 60s. Physical activity is also very important. Helps you preserve your legs and muscles, grams takes 2 hour walks every day his whole life, that's why he can still walk. If you really have diabetes don't go overboard and keep a snack with you in case your blood sugar drops.

Other than that, with proper insulin intake type 2 shouldn't be a big obstacle for a normal life.

Forgot to add none of us is a fatass, mostly eat mediterranean cuisine.

technically they are but nobody even understands whats going on

its a THEORY that our immune systems destroyed our pancreas randomly because of a genetic defect

thats their theory and i dont believe it, i know why i developed diabetes and im waiting for my pancreas to recover

while i agree to reduce carbs
protein still synthesizes into blood glucose at the end of the day

and nuts are dangerous the carbs add up very quickly if you eat too many and can send you soaring

in my opinion the best things are low GI veggies and a nice quality fat like salad and EVOO

With Type 1 your pancreas is defunct and its function is destroyed, it's not coming back on its own. The autoimmune disease is a theory in the same way the big bang is a theory, it's not a guess.

Type 2 you can absolutely recover from; your pancreas/body doesn't attack itself, it just kinda cant keep up.

I really wish they had entirely different names. But like I said, see a dietician/nutritionist -- there could well be some stark differences in diet.

Exercise is important in regulating one's BSL. Not that everyone shouldn't do it anyway.

>nobody even understands whats going on
>its a THEORY
But it's not a theory that you lack insulin in type 1 diabetes my friend. Whatever causes the lack of insulin being produced doesn't really change that fact.

Ketogenic diet

type 1 = diabetes
type 2 = diabeetus

the liver and other organs can regrow itself

i think the pancreas can too im taking natural herbal supplements and eating healthy and will wean off insulin slowly in the future when my sugar levels are right

>Whatever causes the lack of insulin being produced doesn't really change that fact.

this i agree with

either that or, i have enough insulin its just the natural output of insulin from the pancreas cant keep up with my unrealistic intake of food

i had a eating disorder before i knew i had diabetes which i believe is what caused it

at the doctors they tell you its genetic and you couldnt do anything to prevent it, its a lie.

in my opinion type 1 diabetes is just a MORE SEVERE type 2 diabetes

Exercise also helps increase blood flow to extremities, especially legs, preventing necrosis to some degree. Not yet a doctor, but pretty sure that's the reason why diabetic fatties in wheelchair have necrotic toes and feet more often than diabetics with normal weight who exercise and walk.

You can't just 'wean off' insulin, you either make it or you don't. Are you trolling or what?
You need insulin to make use of glucose. Don't take insulin and you are guaranteed for ketoacidosis, and trust me when I say it isn't fun.

Stop being a retard and take your disease seriously, because it will kick you in the dick if you don't manage it when you're young.

i know i went into the ER several times for ketoacidosis already

i am taking it very seriously im just not someone who thinks its impossible to recover

as long as you take it slow and dont go cold turkey on insulin right away like i tried to do like a retard

"The effect of a novel curcumin derivative on pancreatic islet regeneration in experimental type-1 diabetes in rats (long term study)"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4176754/

>either that or, i have enough insulin its just the natural output of insulin from the pancreas cant keep up with my unrealistic intake of food
You just described type 2 diabetes.

i'll give your bait 3/10 for effort.

THICC

You have a severe misunderstanding of Type 1 then.

Ya but the difference is my food intake was so unrealistic that my pancreas shut off

Thats my opinion

So its more severe but the same thing imo

Because thats what i did to myself

people have different ranges of beta cells that have died off

a type 2 diabetic might only have lost 10% of their pancreatic function

and a type 1 has lost like 70%

thats just my own theory its better than being a literal clueless idiot and being like DERP I WAS DESTINED TO DEVELOP TYPE 1 DIABETES ON AUGUST 14 2005 BECAUSE I HAVE A GENETIC PRE CONDITION EVEN THOUGH NOBODY HAS EVER HAD IT IN MY ENTIRE FAMILY

thats what they tell you at the hospital

Love, you know it's possible to have a genetics-induced beetus even though no one in you family had it? That's one way how it works.

its a lie though and its dumb, not too many things are just "genetic"

human bodies work the same way you dont get lung cancer cuz your mom got it you get it because you smoked cigarettes your whole life

a lot of children who get diseases is because their parents were uneducated and consumed bad chemicals during pregnancy or dont feed their kids right and no human breast milk and take like 20 vaccines

stuff like that

its caused by human un-education

if i would of ate salad my entire life and never got depression and ate/drank sugar and carbs like a cow i wouldnt be here

Stop typing like that you fucking nigger.
>tumblr filename

Yeah, ignore health professionals because you think they're lying to you.

I assume you don't like vaccinations too?

try diet stuff.
or some of those flavoring powder packets.
i like crystal light.

>tfw diabetic
>tfw you cant die from diabetes for some reason
i went full retard and gave myself too much insulin. im type 1

nobody is lying to anyone
some people have genuine good intentions

humans are just flawed and not capable of seeing all the possible possibilities at one time and they dont have all the time in the world to focus on ONE PATIENT.

so they just splurge you out of their office here you go take your shit and shut up

lol basically

crystal light uses aspartame please refrain from using that and use a flavor packet with stevia sweetener

aspartame is toxic and dangerous

>tfw you cant die from diabetes for some reason

what do you mean by this of course you can

It can lead to a lot of issues.
Poor circulation, eyesight issues, loose teeth/shit gums... anything to do with blood flow really.

Kidney function is probably the biggest problem though, you are much more likely than most to end up on dialysis.

It all depends on how you manage it.

diabetes is a recessive sex linked disease, which means its only passed through the X chromosome (sex linked) and both X (if female) have to carry it to show itself (recessive) in the case of males which we are XY if the mother has history off then its probably it will be passed down.

>get diagnosed at age 10
>learn the above doesnt make sense because mom isnt diabetic
>she gets diagnosed last year

nigger who gives a shit were all gonna die, enjoy it while you can. i sure am.

i was implying from the low though. i should have been on a coma or some shit. but nothing.

heres a decent one

Oh. I have no idea what those numbers mean, we use the SI unit mmol/L here. 4-8 is normal range.

so youre taking the whole "i dont give a shit" approach... the whole point of being healthy is to avoid suffering and penalty . not because im afraid of death

so i want to keep my blood sugar in check so i dont go blind......... thats one of the the main things that concerns me

diabetes is not genetic dude
you ate shitty food and drink and in too high quantity your entire life and its showing up early thats all it is

Why the fuck do you keep posting Koreans? It annoys me so much that I don't even want to help your stupid ass.

The liver can, the pancreas cannot.
What is difficult to understand about this? I'm beginning to believe you're trying to escape from the reality of the situation.

Nigga you need to understand you're not healthy anymore and never will be. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's still true. Face the facts.

False, diabetes is caused by refined sugar/starches/alcohol.

There are people like Eskimos and Masai tribesman who live on animals alone (high-fat/low-fiber/low-carb diet) and never develop diabetes.

did you not read the study i just linked?

the rats had REGROWTH of pancreas insulin producing cells

people like to doom you to death and tell you that youre fucked for life

they like that

the reason why people stay diabetic their whole life is BECAUSE they are told this, which puts them in a cycle where if they drop too low blood sugar theyre told to pop a candy or a apple juice or a glucose tab and stay perpetually diabetic because you keep using sugar and told youre allowed to eat whatever you want just take more insulin

so that also keeps people diabetic... they say ohh you got to have carbs in your meal its so important to have a balanced meal just eat all the same crap you did before.

they dont talk about that they only talk about insulin and hypoglocemia all the time its bizarre

>diabetes is not genetic dude
i was 10 years old when i was diagnosed with it (type 1). used to swim a lot so i was skinny as fuck. literally ottermode and didnt eat shit mainly because it was my parents the ones that bought the food.

also post any proof of anyone being sick from aspartame, ive been downing that shit for 16 years now and i go regularly to get checked by my doctor, theres literally nothing wrong with me. now 1 person isnt a big enough reference but thats just me.

>theres literally nothing wrong with me
> i was diagnosed with it (type 1).

wut.

i dont know why you wouldnt want to use a natural sweetener versus aspartame

aspartame.mercola.com

believe whatever you want. i avoid this chemical like the plague personally.

the fact that you didnt know this makes me believe you and your family make bad dietary decisions from the start. well informed holistic people already know about the dangers of aspartame

i also am ottermode borderline anorexic looking ...... because our cells werent taking in the energy because of low insulin

Ah, a bait post on a bait thread.

Why are chink women so disgusting?

>There are people like Eskimos and Masai tribesman who live on animals alone (high-fat/low-fiber/low-carb diet) and never develop diabetes.
And then there are Americans

desu keto is pretty god-tier for diabetics. less than 20g a day net carbs and you'll be managing well. Look at the net carbs of everything you eat. If there's no nutrition label, look it up on wolfram. Your doctor should have told you something like this.

I suggest you power your way through a week of eating no sweets or grains at all. Then learn to appreciate veggies and meat.

High-carb diets reverse T2 diabetes, see here High-fat low-fiber diets just make it worse. Those types of diets are what causes diabetes in the first place. See BBC documentary Fat vs. Sugar, they gave two identical twins high-sugar and high-fat diet, the high-fat twin was prediabetic after 30 days, the high-sugar twin had better insulin sensitivity after 30 days. Keto kills diabetics

>Carbs spike blood sugar the most
>High blood sugar is killing you
>Tells people to eat more carbs

Im sorry sir that just doesnt make sense to basic logic

my diet right now is high fat high fiber

Read the studies? Ma-Pi 2 isn't the first high-carb diet that reverses diabetes, it's just one of several. "High blood sugar" isn't killing diabetics, it's high fat diets which produce and worsen insulin resistance. The longer diabetics continue on unhealthy high-fat diets, the worse their diabetes will get. If you go low-carb, automatically you go high-fat and ruin your health. Low-fat diets reduce the need for insulin supplementation in the medium and long term because the body has a chance to recover once you interrupt the permanent onslaught of fat in the blood. Carb intake improves insulin sensitivity.

I found a good sugar free seltzer, like Clear American, to replace Soda.

I see many young people with diabetes these days, even thin people who appear healthy. I am starting wonder if it is a chemical additive, dna manipulated food or sugar that causes it.

i disagree

i was on a low fat high carb diet which is what caused my diabetes

maybe fat obese type 2 diabetics should reduce fat intake a little

not increase carbs though thats insane

you realize all the traditional low cancer, low diabetes cultures were all grain based right?

It wasn't until the increase of processed carbs, sugars, & high meat intake that these cultures started getting fat & unhealthy.

Uh, should't you ask a doctor this?

If not, I hear ring pops is the best diabetes food.

Type 1 Diabetes MAKES YOU THIN.

Thin != Healthy

nah grains are pretty much processed foods nobody goes out and eats a bundle of wheat in the fields making bread from it is like a 20 step process

cultures that eat a lot of white rice and shit arent non diabetic because of the rice its because of the vegetables they also include on their plates with it

Oh i didn't know that, so type 1 makes you thin and type 2 is because of fat.

Anyway diabetes was (almost) unheard of when i grew up. We all ate homecooked food, walked or cycled to school and did some sports activities, sugar or candy was nice to get but we never counted on it and if we got some it was a small donald duck pez or a few pieces of caramel.

>tumblr poster
>lower caps poster
>k-pop poster

Why are you guys spoonfeed this idiot, again?

If this was true wouldn't Americas beetus issues have peaked in the 50's? Instead of after the 1980's which incidentally coincides with the idea that fat was bad leading most companies to make fat free everything and then replaced the fat with sugar.

Also even tho fat has more calories per gram of sugar you can hide tons of sugar in anything. Like a drink you can hide 70 grams of sugar in 12 ounces. Try doing to same with fat

tinny i hope youre okay i love you

+1
wording this post

a follower on Veeky Forums? WOW :D

ily too

+1

don't asians have diabetes too?

what about black people diabetes?

mostly blacks get it.
whites if they get really fat or they were born fucked up

Type 1 diabetic here, welcome to the shit club nobody wants to join

You're going to have to put up with people like this for the rest of your life As for diet, you can eat whatever you want so long as you control for it. Look into apple cider vinegar and fast acting insulin if you eat a lot of carbs.

As for everybody, I'd recommend you just eat a healthy balanced diet with circa 50g carbs or less per day since it removes a lot of the brain fog and lethargy associated with changing bloodsugars (not exclusive to diabetics, just more pronounced)

Make sure you're not fat and your shit is under control and you'll be fine

Also get enough sunlight. Not sure if vitamin D is a problem with type 2, but it is with type 1.

>Best way to curb soda? Im always on/off with soda, i think my longest cut was 6 months but i always end up drinking one, then im back to drinking them every other day.
Switch to diet, your taste profile will change and you'll actually prefer diet within less than 2 weeks. Also pic related.

This sounds a lot more like type 1 than type 2. Get tested you fucking spastic

Both type 1 and type 2 are sometimes genetic, and sometimes not.

>If this was true wouldn't Americas beetus issues have peaked in the 50's?
Are you even aware that there was a steady increase in heart disease and metabolic disorders in America throughout the 40s and into the 50s, which led to Ancel Keys' first major study associating fat intake with atherosclerosis, yes? That was in 1953, not the 80s. Diabetes didn't "peak" in the 50s because you don't get sick immediately from eating a shitty diet, but the 40s and 50s was when metabolic and cardiovascular disorders first started becoming major public health problems and when some researchers first understood that there might be a connection to diet. And the quality of the American diet has just deteriorated from there on out. So really your question is thoroughly misguided.

>Instead of after the 1980's which incidentally coincides with the idea that fat was bad leading most companies to make fat free everything and then replaced the fat with sugar.
A couple things of note.
- Americans are not actually following dietary guidelines. Their fat intake has not decreased.
- The nutritional guidelines by the American government have always included a demand to decrease sugar consumption, since the 70s in fact. So the argument is invalid anyway.
- Fat-free versions of products do not contain additional sugar. And just because they exist doesn't mean people have low-fat diets.

>Also even tho fat has more calories per gram of sugar you can hide tons of sugar in anything. Like a drink you can hide 70 grams of sugar in 12 ounces. Try doing to same with fat
I already know that fat is easy to hide because day after day I hear see people referring to donuts, hamburgers, chocolate bars, cookies, French fries, chips, cakes etc. as "carbs", even though these foods are 50% calories from fat or more, and therefore high-fat low-carb. Most people are oblivious to the massive quantities of fat they are consuming.

I am sorry to say that you have no clue what you're talking about.

>don't asians have diabetes too?
See Singapore, there aren't lots of fatass here but we're the second highest rate of diabetes.

Like what most said it's all about cutting sugar, you could end up with diabetes even if you consume 1500kcal a day & drink nothing but soda.

Prevalence of diabetes in Singapore has increased from 1.9% in 1975 to 11.3% in 2010. So immediately you can be pretty sure that the traditional high-carb rice-based diet known from the 50s is not a culprit here. When Singaporeans are a high-carb diet, diabetes was rare. The same is true for China by the way.

18.3% of the Singaporean population are obese and 37% have a moderate high BMI of over 23. Your claim that there aren't lots of fatasses in Singapore has no basis in fact.

In 2004, how many people responded that they visit a Western fast food restaurant more than once a week? Oh, only 90%, I guess that can't be the problem.

How many carbs are Singaporeans consuming? 50%. That's right, 50%, the same amount as Americans. Fat intake is 34%. Same as Americans. You know what a high carb diet is? The Japanese got 80% of their energy from carbs in the 1950s. If you have documentation of an diabetes epidemic in 1950s Japan please show it to me.

I almost feel bad about making you look so stupid, almost.

iodinethailand.fda.moph.go.th/kmfood/file/252.PDF

Sucks. Been type 1 since childhood. A lot of pre-type 2's and newly diagnosed respond very well to ketogenic diets. Try it out for a couple months and see if it has any effect on your A1c. You might be able to stop or reverse this. Do not consume refined sugars. HFCS is really, really bad for you.

A balanced diet with only low glycemic index carbs is okay, but a low-carb diet is probably better. You have to understand that the more and simpler the carbs you eat, the more insulin your pancreas is going to produce and dump in you all at once. The more insulin you produce, the more resistant you'll become to it. Blood sugar levels rise, complications begin. Follow along this route and they'll just keep throwing more drugs at you in higher doses. They'll stop being effective. I hope you're not listening to any of the retarded sugar shill trolls in this thread. They're trying to kill you.

WBTH, was in same boat as you this shit changed my life two months ago senpai.

Short story is better get used to meat and fat because that will be your life. Also say goodbye to soda, beer, and pasta. And rice.

Lots of steakhouse meals for you newfriend.

Yes I am well aware that since WWII there had been a steady increase in cardiovascular and metabolic disorders (I never said these things did not increase I was talking specifically about diabetes) and originally wasn't atherosclerosis Mainly associated with high cholesterol and fat intake and not linked to diabetes until later on?

During the 80s anti fat became the health meme. Most people believed that it was fat that made you fat. And a lot of snack foods went entirely fat free. Not offering an alternative but completely removing it from their products. And yes they did contain more added sugar. EX a fat free cookie will taste like crap with out more sugar added. And just like the fat did it still plays into our monkey brains mindset of "more calories good get while can now because maybe no food later"

That's actually a really good point and I never though of it that way. People really do tend to underestimate anything oily as being fat filled especially if it is somthing that people traditionally look as as being carb heavy

And in my original statement about fat I was referring more to beverages and sauces.

Also in the end isn't it really just a combination of both? Isn't it possible for some their diabetes is caused by being fat and eating a poor diet with too much fat in it. And for others it's consuming sugar in retard huge amounts along with the already high consumption of fat that is found in the western diet?

Could be the wheat. That and corn are the two worst culprits for blood glucose spiking, among other things.

My guess is a lot of Eastern countries were shielded from the full onslaught of bad health by eating rice instead of other grains.

Of course now were all fucked by modern food. Going primal grain-free has been tough as shit logistically but i made it.

What's wrong with rice?

Just curious could there be a difference between carbs from rice and carbs from refined sugars?

Increased fat consumption obviously doesn't help matters. but rice as less carbs than sugar and aren't the carbs found in sugar broken down and absorbed faster by the body?

The idea behind all the grains is:

A) they are cooked carbohydrates, which is evolutionarily speaking, a recent meme and not a great one for us.

B) rice along with the other "grains" is the seed of a grass plant, something traditionally off limits to us, so it has effects far beyond just overeating another carb like say, potato. Wheat is the worst, corn next, but rice comes pretty soon after as something that feels like bulk food but when you measure your blood sugar it actually spikes you worse than cane sugar.

The book explains it better really but its what i follow now, effects have been amazing.

>Of course now were all fucked by modern food

Not really. You can still buy produce, meat, fish, legumes, etc, and cook from scratch. In fact, that's easier than ever thanks to mail-order, and the internet is a great learning resource for recipes and techniques.

No i mean the whole globe is affected by easy to buy shit food.

Of course the options are out there to do it healthier, as I do now, but its still more expensive and time consuming, and our politicians actively incentivize us away from it with laws and taxes.

The internet is a saving grace against this, memes like primal and keto travel fast and allow people to make big changes quick.

I was just saying for those still in the dark, they now are inhaling mcdonalds instead of sushi, which is an order of magnitude worse.

Time consuming, yes. But not cheaper. I spend less money now cooking from scratch than I did back in college when I bought box mixes & microwave food.

To be fair this depends as well. If youre preparing your own food obviously the penalty is lessened because you take labor out of the cost, which is huge if you eat out all the time.

It cuts right back at you if you go full organic and grass fed, as those farming methods are disincentivized right now and so the lean beef is actually more expensive, which is counterintuitive.

Im thinking of taking the third turn back myself, hunting and foraging myself. If i can get a deer, a hog, and maybe some catfish I can fill an entire deep freeze with quality meat for the price of a bullet and some bait and tackle. I really look forward to this actually, have a rifle arriving in the mail tomorrow :)))))

>they are cooked carbohydrates, which is evolutionarily speaking, a recent meme and not a great one for us.
Yeah, only over a hundred thousand years of cooking starch to make it digestible. Only the most salivary amylase of any primate but no protein digestion before the intestine. And the only advantage it gives us is easy and safe access to huge amounts of dietary energy that can be stored safely for months with minimal space and utilized immediately and effectively by every cell of the body.

Wew, lad, a big wew for believing everything some fat-necked retard in a white coat tells you, to the point of literally falling for a meme and actively ruining your health.

12,000 years.

Sorry, but 105,000 years and that's a conservative estimate.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20019285

And that's just grasses, not tubers. Tubers have to be cooked too and the consumption of tubers and wild beans goes back even farther than grasses. Those are starches.

The whole notion that humans haven't been eating a ton of starch is pretty silly anyway, since the implication would be that humans have been getting their calories from animals. Amerifats are apparently unaware that people 200,000 years ago couldn't walk into a grocery store to buy bacon and eggs. It's also stupid because we know that saturated fat kills ya, so why the fuck would we evolve to die on saturated fat if that's the primary source of energy. None of this shit makes any sense, it's just a clusterfuck of absurdities

Yeah that's more like it, more like 10k years. And note I'm not saying it kills you or isn't useful, obviously it is storage friendly and can be transported, huge use as societies grow larger.

This would have allowed grain fed societies to grow large as fuck and dominate, but it's the idea of the herd prospering at the expense of the individuals health. All signs point to pre grain societies, including the "living fossil" types around today, as virtually free of the dietary-based diseases we have.

Dying of heart disease or whatever from saturated fat would probably be well after reproduction anyway, so there would be no significant selective pressures on that unhealthy diet. Otherwise I agree with you.

That's possible, I remember hearing about cave sites with toasted cereal remains or something, but it's super hard to pin down that kind of shit.

Doesn't do away with the criticism though: grains were a crisis food we came to in times of desperation, they have done harm as well as good.

The modern epidemiology of "saturated fat or meat is bad" is also fundamentally flawed, it presupposes a carb heavy diet, and does not address how grains can synergistically affect the entire body and interrupt natural digestion.

Studies on Atkins diets still show real promise and are a thorn in carbfags side, they like to explain away Atkins by saying "keto is bad" and focusing on kidney stress.

But add just a little carbs, no grains just tubers and salad type veggies, and you stop ketogesis, and are at the Wheat Belly diet, shit is amazing and actually lowers blood pressure and heart rate.

You don't have to look to "pre-grain societies" to find societies without diabetes, heart disease and obesity, you just have to look to the third world today. Their diets are 70% carbs (often grains), no signs of diabetes or atherosclerosis there. You could also look to 1950s Asia and countless other places where you find the same things. High carbs, low disease. You bring Western dietary practices there, people get fuck as fuck. Heck, the Chinese introduced the cooking method of frying to Thailand and that in itself had a direct negative effect on health there. Traditional Thai cuisine revolves around roasting on open fires, no fat added.

*ketogenesis

>click on this thread expecting /x/ tier retardation
>see guys who say that they will 'repair their pancreas by """"""""""""weaning off insulin""""""""""""" and taking herbal supplements'

This is literally worse than /x/ tier lunacy, you people need to see real doctors and take their advice, there's a reason they spent a fortune getting more than a high school education.

>Look at the 3rd world
>no diabetes

Nigger you what Mexico is the most obese place on earth, might be winning in diabetes too. You are literally shitting out of your mouth.

Mexico has a high fat diet due to American influence and is barely even third world. Anyway, who would've guessed that some guy had to cherry-pick the one society out of a thousand that follows a high-fat diet on a limited budget because it has a bunch of fatties sitting on its head who throw burgers, KFC and butter over the fence. Amazing

>le high fat
>le burgers did it, not their own fault
>Mexico is not third world
>and they are the only poor society with diet problems

Buddy where the hell are you coming from. I never said it was fat that did it, it's the high carb diet based on grains. Yeah overdoing calories doesn't help but what the fuck are you looking for? Are you saying that starving African babies are somehow healthy because they don't have diabetes?

You either have problems getting enough food (starve) or you get too much of the wrong stuff (get fat), that's the current meme. I'm offering an alternative view, you can eat right and be healthy, just gotta ditch some stuff you might be attached to, like the notion that grains have to be healthy because the dear us federal govt put them at the bottom of a pyramid.

I have type-2, you just have to watch your diet, keep an eye on blood glucose levels and take the pills your doctor recommends. It isn't the end of the world. Oh and have your eyes checked for retinopathy once a year, but your doctor should take you through all this.

type 2 diabetes can be managed quite easily with a ketogenic diet

eyy my type one niggas who /dexcom/?

My endo wants to get me on one by the end of July and I'm excited as fuck to be able to look at a smartwatch and see my blood sugar.

As for OP. Make sure your doc gets you an A1c and C-Peptide test to make sure you don't have T1. I've known another diabetic that was misdiagnosed as T2 and it almost killed him when his honeymoon period was over and his pancreas completely stopped making insulin.

I'm not talking about places where people are starving, I'm talking about places where people can afford enough food to meet their caloric needs, in the form of cheap carbs. But no, people who are starving while eating 90% grains don't have diabetes or atherosclerosis either, so how does that show anything? You're saying grains cause diabetes/obesity/atherosclerosis/x but you have failed to name a single society living on a grain-based diet that actually has any of these problems. Greentexting is not really an argument though. Mexicans have a high fat diet and are fat as fuck. How does Mexico have anything to do with what I'm talking about? It doesn't, it's not a high-carb society.

By the way that graph proves nothing for you. Carb intake as percentage goes down with wealth because people elect to eat more meat, but that doesn't make meat bad or prove that it's causing first world health problems.

The graph doesn't account for amount of calories either. And then there's the asinine world your creating where all poor countries which I'm sure you visit all the time are just bursting with health, thus we are fat burger slobs and should eat more carbs. What amateur hour trash. You are literally mouth shitting.