Family coming over

>Family coming over
>Want to run a British theme
Do the British actually have any food worth making?
So far I've been thinking pasties or toads in the hole.
Manchester pie for dessert.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_tart
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Do the British actually have any food worth making?

No.

>Americans can't even make an op without shitposting

I'm not even joking

>yurops cant even disband the eu without killing their economy

I like pasties. I'm not sure if shepard's pie is English but it seems like it would be and it's good too.

brit here, no, not really.

Shepard's pie is great. Get some nice bread to wipe up the plate as well.

It's just a blip, Pip, the markets will come around and be stronger because of this move.

I was watching a documentary on medieval life and during one episode the host of the documentary had an English meal that looked really good.

Sorry I can't provide a recipe or the name of the documentary. But some kind of river fish, mushy peas, and simple pastries.

You could also just be basic as fuck and make fish and chips

Fries with vinegar would be top brit

Serve some Indian food. Thats basically British food, both in the past and with current day.

The good british dishes are things like fish and chips or pot roast and mash potatoes. Since we eat stuff like that here in the states too i guess you would just have to tell your guests that it's a british meal

Thought those were samosas.

>Brits are known for hating the EU
>Let them vote on it during a huge refugee crisis
Is the British PM the stupidest man in the world?

Roast beef and yorksire pudding, with brussels sprouts and roast potatoes. Dont forget the hot mustard.

Make anything and then just put a bottle of this on the table and announce, "I say old chaps, looks like it's suppermas. Good thing, because I'm famished."

wala!

You want to know how I know you retards don't know anything about markets? Google "dead cat bounce" have fun UKIP faggots.

Oh, and it's you poor chavs that are going to take the ultimate hit. Lulz

He promised the referendum a long time before the refugee crisis.

>HP Sauce
It's made in the Netherlands, user.
It's not British.

square sausage, potato scone, crispy roll, irn bru

Pasties are love, pasties are life. Use flank steak. Be sure to include swede. Ketchup & sriracha makes a good condiment (though not probably British/Cornish). Source: am from UP of MI

>HP sauce

Is this better than the HP potion?

Do you want to know how I know you don't know anything about markets? This is a recovery, not a dead cat bounce, the dead cat bounce has long been exceeded.

You remain faggots are the biggest joke around.

By the way Deutsch Bank is about to collapse because of the Brexit, I don't want to say i told you so, but I hope your mother gets cancer.

Yeah that's only because the eu gave the company a grant to move the factory there, yet another reason why the eu deserves to be hated.

>Using terms you saw elsewhere without any knowledge of what they mean

No user, you are the stupid.

This'll work.

>If it's made in a country it must be from that country

So like, 90% of the stuff in your house is a traditional Chinese item?

Why should the EU be angry that the EU helped a company move within the EU? Do you get angry if a fish & chip shop moves to the next town over?

No, wait, you probably do.

That was a fucking terrible false equivalence and you should feel bad for posting it, yuro boy.

>Why would I be angry that foreign scum are actively harming my country just to spite us

>HP sauce instead of gravy

This is bait.

>foreign
>my country

It's an EU company that moved within the EU. The UK is in the EU. The Netherlands is in the EU. No harm done.

Yeah but if I went round someones house for dinner and they gave me a cornish pasty I'd be like Da Fuk!
It is not a dinner thing, it's an eat in a service station car park thing.

Roast beef and yorkshire pudding gets my vote.
With treacle tart or sticky toffee pudding and cold custard for desert.

Your ancestors would spit on you.

Traitorous little worm.

Terrible bait.

I'm not a bong fucktard. Enjoy the dissolution of the UK

Do you get angry when someone moves from Scotland to England, or from Northern Ireland to Wales?

Do you get angry when someone moves from Manchester to Exeter? London to Yorkshire?

Next town over? Street?

Like where's your limit for locality here? Can I demand the return of Wessex to the good people of Wessex, and demand to kick out anyone who wasn't born in Wessex?

>I'm not a bong
Ah, then your opinion is actually worthless.

starters board of warm scotch egg, piccalilli, soused mackerel, welsh rarebit and brawn with a parsley salad

watercress soup

fish pie with langoustines and scallops, or beef and oyster pie with a suet bottom crust and puff top

cheese board with some sort of cumbrian sheep's milk cheese in there

eton mess for dessert or rhubarb tart with clotted cream

Eel pie and piss-warm lager with a shot of gin in it.

For dessert: depression.

Again, your terrible false equivalence bait is poor.

Scotch egg or gtfo

SHEPHERD'S PIE

IT'S NOT NAMED AFTER A FUCKING GUY CALLED SHEPARD

IT'S NAMED AFTER PEOPLE WHO HERD SHEEP FOR OCCUPATION OR SUBSISTENCE

Bangers and mash is great if executed properly

>false equivalence

UK is in the EU
NL is in the EU
An EU company moves inside the EU

England is in the UK
Wales is in the UK
An English company moves inside the UK

Sorry, not seeing the false equivalence there.

Anyway I'm off to sign up to the Wessex Regional Party, it's time to kick you filthy fucking foreign non-Wessexians out.

UK is not in the EU. Had you not heard the news?

Like I said, shit bait.

meat pies

HP is actually owned by Heinz, which is an American company. The Yanks were the ones who moved production of HP sauce to the Netherlands. The EU really didn't have a whole lot to do with it.

we're still in the eu for at least two years you dumb nigger

>Do you get angry when someone moves from Manchester to Exeter? London to Yorkshire?
>Next town over? Street?
Yes. Damn foreigners.

>UK is not in the EU

Got to invoke Article 50 and conclude the negotiations within 2 years. Until that's done, the UK is in the EU just as much as it was last Thursday.

I know. I'm not the one getting buttblasted because some jobs moved in the EU; it's actually meaningless whether a US company makes HP sauce in the UK or in NL or RO. But there's a bunch of sad Little Englander types who seem to think it matters, for some reason.

>Trying to change the subject

You are the lowest of the low, a mudshit is a higher lifeform than you.

>The UK won't invest any money into the UK so it's everybody else's fault.

Okay.

Yeah, that's fine, I never said the EU was fantastic for the British economy. Just saying that the EU didn't make the factory move to the Netherlands, they just provided a foreign company with incentive to do so. The Americans are the ones who actually pulled the trigger.

what

even if you think i'm the guy you were arguing with, it's obviously you who brought up that change of subject

We'll just have to wait and see about that, bongo. Good luck! MAKE BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN!

You shills are so cute when you try to antagonise.

It's your bed m8

Yes, yes, epic trolle my friend. You are one cool dude.

pathetic

That doesn't even make sense, faggot.

I know but you did it anyway.

chicken tikka masala

roasted red pepper soup man, the real stuff not that shitty roasted red pepper and tomato soup that seems to be everywhere

>FTSE 100

Try FTSE 250, hon. Fucking leavers can't stop weaving lies.

just make any kind of food from any country but throw out your spice rack beforehand.

>Manchester pie for dessert.
I'm British and have never heard of this. What is it?

I laffed.

That doesn't even make sense, you skirt wearing dog fucker.

Oh you remainer traitors are just the cutest little things hen you get btfo.

He promised a referendum when he first got elected in 2010. The 2016 referendum was literally nothing but the product of him dragging his heels.

You clearly haven't been to cornwall and had a proper pasty.

Not that I rate it above yorkshire sunday lunch, but still.

Roast beef and Yorkshire puddings. Just dont serve that shit rare. Cook it long and slow on a bed of onions, roast your veges, make your onion gravy.
Yes.
Maybe a rhubarb crumble for pud

If you want actually pleasant food which can be classified as british, I could only suggest following some tom kerridge recipes.

Probably meant this
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_tart

Toast sandwich

jellied eels

What is beef wellington?

Also

FTSE is higher post-brexit than it was in 2015. Don't worry, once we're done saving Europe we'll save your minority-infested shit hole and make you great again.

A french dish

Do an Afternoon Tea - sandwiches (cucumber, salmon, beef and mustard) with the crusts cut off, sausage rolls, cheese scones, little pork pies, bakewell tarts, shortbread biscuits, english cheeses and crackers, scones with cream and jam and a giant pot of tea.

>The French named a dish after the English General who defeated their empire.
Oh Lawdey....

Why should I even read something that isn't typeset properly?

You're not out of the woods yet boi. The result of 1 week is not indicative of long term consequences, so it would be unwise to celebrate now, on the other hand rightwing authoritarian types have never been ones to take the long view. Remember, you just had your temper tantrum and have yet to pull the trigger. Let's see where your at after A50, that is if you actually have the stones to do it. Markets right now are treating you like an an hero on /b/, even Bojo bounced out. You lose either way m8, your victory is either pyrrhic and you sink your economy, or your leaders give you the finger. Sad! I for one just keep your bullshit on your side of the pond. We're busy coping with our particular strain of your types on ours.

Make them a full English for brekkie

Traditional sunday roast
Beef Wellington
Steak and Kidney Pie
Roast lamb

Sunday fucking roast nigger, anything less is blasphemy

>Chicken Tikka Masala
>Pasties
>Toad in the hole
>Beef Wellington
>Shepard's Pie
>Faggots
>Full English breakfast
>Lancashire Hotpot

You also best be bringing dessert
>Bakewell tart
>Banoffee Pie
>Battenberg Cake
>Eton Mess
>Spotted dick

they fucked up his family name and tarnished his reputation. no one things about wellington without thinking about the food. The french work long term.

You sound like one of them old timey fast talkin' reporters.

While the French are credited with the preparation of steak wrapped in pastry, the name is unrelated to the Duke of Wellington and was probably not even named by the British.

I just want some MP sauce...

>citation needed*

>Do the British actually have any food worth making?

No.

Pasties are ass. They don't even brown the meat, and they're seasoned with salt......and pepper.

Serve them whatever you were going to have, and skip the "brit" food.

>Med-rare Roast Beef
>Vegetables roasted in duck/goose fat (potatoes, parsnips, carrots)
>Homemade yorkshire puddings
>Buttery mashed potato
>Brussels Sprouts
>Other veg of your choosing (broccoli, cauliflower, peas, etc)

British food is, on the whole, pretty shit.

But the British sunday roast is simple, and absolutely delicious.

oh shit nigger, i forgot the gravy.

>homemade gravy made with the juices from the roast