Just moved into this house and this is the kitchen. Is this well designed...

Just moved into this house and this is the kitchen. Is this well designed? The thing is massive just wondering if you would move anything or rearrange it at all? Ty

Well is it comfortable for you. It does maintain the kitchen triangle for the most part. I wound probably feel like it's heaven.

Totally meant that first one to be posed as a question BTW. I habitually get ahead of myself.

You're supposed to be able to draw a triangle between the fridge, sink, and stove and not have the combined length of the triangle sides be more than such and such.
Considering that, your kitchen looks fairly well designed. On top of that you have the sink and dishwasher over on the other side so you don't have dirty cookware getting in your way if you'll be cooking several dishes.

that's not the question OP, the question is: can you cook, and can you cook in it?

bump

take a picture ya goof

The island is in the sink-fridge-stove triangle
That means you will have to go around it all the time. It's not bad, but it's not optimal.

>all these faggots talking about fucking triangle
This isn't the 60s grandpas.

Divide your kitchen into prep, cooking, cleaning, and storage zones. Make sure you have everything you need within a zone without having to move. Which means if you stand still, you should be able to reach up or down or left or right and get everything you need. If you have to bend down, take steps backward or sideways, you fucked up.

And that's all there is to it.

Also looking at this fucking drawing now. It seems you have the spice rack next to the fridge with very little counter space around it. This is stupid because you want the spices in the prep area. So move it to the island or something.

dream kitchen desu

If your dozen roommates gave you free rein to rearrange the kitchen area yourself and you're resorting to asking Veeky Forums for advice I'd suggest finding a new living situation.

This is how I would do it. Hope you appreciate my 600 hours in mspaint

Oh OOPS. Brown square would be my coffee station area

>projecting

not everyone is in college faggot who has roommates past 22 anyway what shitty life do you live

>projecting
>20 seat dining room table

There are plenty of older folks on Veeky Forums who own houses and have careers and families, but 99% of the people who have a kitchen that size either live in a Jonestown type communal situation with a dozen other people they have to share it with, or still live with their parents.

I would probably just put 2 "mini islands" on either side and have the center piece be the island. it would look cleaner.

Dude, I'd kill for a kitchen with an island. And you have 2! You're golden as far as I see it.

bretty good desu

That's a peninsula not a mini island

Depends on the tide.