Is Pepsi Okay?

>Is Pepsi Okay?
Why must waiters ask this question every time? Is there anybody on this board that is autistic enough to say "No it isn't! I'm a picky manchild and I DEMAND A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT VARIATION OF SODA!"

>inb4 I only drink water and blended up lawn clippings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZ8HV6KjVWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does it really matter though? I've never understood the need for brand loyalty when each brand has dozens of options for you to choose from. Surely there's something you'd like.

>drinking carbonated sugar water

I work at Pepsi and don't fucking care if I get coke or Pepsi. One is more acidic, the other is sweeter. They both taste fine. Throwback pepsi is pretty damn good though, desu senpai

they ask this but they don't ask if I don't want a fucking lemon in my water

>ask for coke
>"is pepsi okay?"
>mountain dew will be fine

and thats how i handle a sticky situation

Is Mello Yello ok?

Say sure, then ask if it's ok if you pay with Monopoly money.

>literally drinking liquid diabetes in a can

Redeem yourself boyo. If demanding a slightly different variation of a soda would imply choosing diet, that's pretty much no different than a regular cola, but even worse.

>diet soda
What is the point of it? Is it just so fat people can feel like they're eating healthy? Cause they ain't.

i have never had that happen.
i dont know how i will react if it ever does.
probably just get water at that point.

Are we not allowed to want a beverage without extra calories without thinking we're being particularly healthy? Or do soft drinks exist for no other purpose for you other than to jam as much sugar into your body as possible?

I like the taste of Diet Vernor's better than the original. Same with Coke Zero. Fresca is the best-tasting citrus soda outside of Squirt. You can go fuck yourself with your retarded assumptions.

The purpose of diet soda is to get rid of the sugar calories. The only problem is your stupid body still thinks artificial sweeteners are sugar, so you get an insulin dump to try to soak that shit up. It's pretty bad for you.

>implying I drink liquid diabetes
I know the word "calorie" must grab your attention easily due to your ADHD, but I can assure that the lack of them does not make a big fucking difference. If you enjoy the taste of aspartame, go ahead and kill yourself you faggot.

If you really wanna risk drinking rat cancer, then go right ahead.

They ask this because there are assholes that go to restaurants with the intention of starting a fight.

I can only imagine how empty the lives of those people are that they feel the need to get in someone's face over sugar water or a burrito or anything else so trivial.

>Is Pepsi ok?

Nope. I don't even like Coke but it is definitely much better than Pepsi.

To be fair Coke and Pepsi taste a lot different. It's not like asking for Sprite and getting Sierra Mist or Mr. Pibb instead of Dr. Pepper.

REEEEEEE I TOLD YOU THEY DIDN'T HAVE REAL DEW MOM, WE MUST GO TO TACO BELL

Do they not state their beverages in the menu? Seems unlikely that they would buy from both vendors.

This.

>looking at the soft drinks portion of the menu

Well then you end up in OP's position.

Most of the time they ask what you want to drink right after handing you the menu.

I like both equally.

wow mom that's some GREAT science u got there wouldn't mind giving me a source or anything right
?

We are digging the 1893, reviewed it this week!
youtube.com/watch?v=rZ8HV6KjVWU

When asked "Is Pepsi okay?" My reply is always.

"No. No it is not. I will drink water."

Unless they have a fresh made lemonade or sweat tea on hand...

This is the only proper response to yankee ass beverages in The South.

Pizza Hut has to always be delivery and Taco Bell has to always be drive through and take home so that a proper ice cold coca cola can be enjoyed.

>yankee ass beverages
Today I learned that the inventor of Coca-Cola served in the Confederate Army in the Civil War, was wounded, became addicted to morphine, and invented Coca-Cola as a coca wine substitute after Prohibition was passed.

Also, Pepsi was invented in North Carolina, so it really IS a yankee drink. Damn.

>go to taco bell
>ask for Sprite
>"Is Sierra Mist okay?"
>NIGGA FUCK SIERRA MIST
>I'll just have a Dr. Pepper then please

That's why nigga

>implying

Sierra Mist isn't a thing any more.

Oh, because the name changing to Mist Twist makes it a completely different drink, right?

Pepsi is okay but I like sierra mist and if pepsi is there, then most likely sierra mist isthere too.

question!

why would anyone choose pepsi for their restaurant? is their price point better?

statement: it's interesting how I prefer the pepsi version of all products except for the colas themselves

I think you mean "Mist Twst".

>mfw I google this and it's real

but why

I thought Mist Twist was just some new knock-off soda that my local super market started selling. What?

Pepsi tastes like the wimpy version of the real thing. I always thought of it as the women's version of Coke.

No, fuck you but it's not ok. If you just drink soda all wildly hilly maybe. But if you have one particular thing that you like, yes it tastes A LOT different. You fucks. You're supposed to be in tune with your pallets. Is wood ford reserve the same as old crow? Is Bacardi the same as Kracken? Is Dryers the same as Blue Bunny? Is wonder bread the same as fresher baked? Holy shit. OP is the biggest pleb that ever lived.

>Wonder bread to fresh baked bread
This is a shitty analogy. The latter is obviously better. It's different when you're comparing two partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverages.

who wouldn't want lemon in their water? also they always put it on the edge to start so who cares?

Literally no one. Unless they like terrible restaurant practices and squirting water out of their ass because raw meat was cut on the same board for 3 days before your lemon got there.

I care. I hate it, and plenty of times they put it in the water and not on the edge, and if they're putting it on the edge it means they're touching it with their dirty hands. Cucumber water or nothing.

>drinking disgusting teeth-destroying sugar water
>"in tune with your palate"
get the fuck out of here you ultra-pleb

When KFC changed from pepsi to coke i was disappointed.
So i walk to the corner store and buy a can for $1.

kek kfc still got pepsi in straya cunt

>doesn't drink soda
>soda is gross
>it all tastes the same.
You wanna try that again, chief?

I ask for pepsi, if they ask if coke is ok, I say no and ask for water.

Fuck you, sheep fuckers.

ur thinkin of new zealand but i dont blame u ur american and drink that corn sugar shit every day or something dont u?

>Is Pepsi Okay?

Is not getting tipped okay?

I actually wrote complaints to the suggestion box at my local American style mom and pop diner. They said it was more expensive for them but they caved and changed to coke products. I stopped eating there after they changed anyways because I was tired of it. I think they're on the verge of closing and I think having Pepsi was why

>Only people who like soda enough to drink it regularly can have an opinion on it

>Enjoying things

That's not how you help a sheep through a fence.
Also im not from murica. There is only one place that would call you a sheep fucker bro.

caanada??

we dont fuk sheep thats NZs job u silly bugga

>liquid diabetes

Sugar doesn't cause diabetes

The real question is why do people drink diet soda? I'm an occasional soda drinker, i.e. I have a glass two or three times a month when eating out. Other than that, I don't eat sweets and my sugar intakes pretty limited, yet I still don't find Coke disgustingly sweet like some people claim.

What I do find is that the syrupy sweetness is what gives the drink its character, and that diet versions just taste bland by comparison. They barely have a defined taste, tasting more like mildly sweetened carbonated water. There is literally no situation in which any reasonable person should go for diet soda instead of water, unless they're an out-of-control addict who needs a placebo.

Is this nigga serious?

I hope you seriously don't think it does...

American education everyone

>Diabetes: A group of diseases that result in too much sugar in the blood, or high blood glucose.

No, I'll have Mr. Pibb

You have the reading comprehension of a child

Why don't you try reading that sentence back and see where you tripped up? Because nothing you just posted supports the ignorant myth that "sugar causes diabetes"

Yes.

I work(ed, quit last night) at a restaurant and people will complain/get upset if you don't mention we have Pepsi and not coke, or change their drink to water/tea/lemonade if you only have Pepsi.

So yes.

>>Is Pepsi Okay?
no I'll have 7Up, thanks

>Eating like a fatass won't give you Type 2 diabetes

I only drink lawn clippings and blended up water.

I was just about to mention what you said. I'm Australian and there are autistic retarded bitter cuntface people everywhere in the world (mostly first world countries).

If you didn't ask if pepsi was ok, you'd probably have a good chance of copping a verbal spray from retards all the time who aren't happy because their pepsi isn't the coke they ordered.

I dont work in food service and I'm not one of those people, but there are people in other sectors of life who whine and moan about similar products not being the same.

I'm with you 100%. People in general are fucked, that's why we have to ask them nicely first to prevent them losing their shit.

>and with that I'd like a Voss water
>sorry we only have tap

Then I walk out. Drinking tap is liking drinking from a puddle of water that's been settled on the side of a road for a week. Do poor people really drink tap water?

>getting a soft drink

I get an alcoholic beverage if possible

This 2bh fham

How come Pepsi sucks actual dick with their main drink while having amazing side drinks?

Alternatively, how come coke had such dick side drinks when their main is so good?

For example
Coke:
>pretty much every variation of coke
amazing
>mr pibb
ass

Pepsi:
>almost every variation of pepsi
ass
>dr pepper
god tier

It's funny your example of a Pepsi "side drink" isn't a Pepsi brand at all.

Dr pepper is it's own company

Mountain dew > mello yello
sierra mist > sprite

Okay, now you're just being silly.

No

Pepsi < Coke
Dr Pepper is independent of both except in the UK where it's distributed by Coca-Cola not Pepsi

mr. pibb is a replica of dr. pepper but it's a bullshit replica 'cuz the dude didn't even get his degree

he used to but then he got sued and exposed as a fake

Is Dr. Pepper okay?

My mom drank it because she had a caffeine hang up, and too much sugar gave her migraines. So I grew up and that was the only thing in the house. So regular stuff is super gross sweet to me. Once someone has a taste for it Diet Coke is like crack. Delicious refreshing crack.

But then I have to look like a double asshole and ask if it's real lemonade they have, or the "lemonade" from the soda fountain, which is zero percent juice and tastes fuckign awful.

>not living a block away from Coke headquarters
They always have Coke. Not that I drink soda.

I always abstract by asking for a cola but I still get "Pepsi ok?" because people don't know the difference between a brand name and what the drink actually is

>never tried wild cherry Pepsi all his life

t. fellow cokefag

>NIGGA FUCK SIERRA MIST

dude! sierra mist ain't that bad. it's actually my favorite commonly available lemon lime soda. but i only ever drank it from the fountain, from what i understand, the bottled and canned products had some different ingredients added/removed from them in them in recent years.

dang, i didn't know they had changed the name to mist-twist. that's weird. also, it looks like they spell twist "TWST", so that's a little disappointing.

they ask that because otherwise you'll ask for a coke and get a pepsi, which is not what you asked for, no matter how similar they are.

>Is Pepsi okay?
>"Yes, their stock price has been increasing steadily, and I believe their most recent acquisition was a wise choice"

Im picky because I own stock in one company and not the other.

So I'll absolutely refuse, but kindly. And try to get to know the owners so I can convince them to make the transition away from Pepsi and fatten my stacks

>and fatten my stacks

>Go to restaurant.
>Order my beer.
>Waitress comes back asking "Is Pepsi alright?"

No, no it's not.

>>Is Pepsi Okay?

No I ordered a fucking Coke.

This is like getting asked "and how would you like that cooked?" after ordering chicken.

I want it cooked to perfection you stupid bitch!

>I want it cooked to perfection you stupid bitch!

And everybody has a different definition of what that is. That's why they ask you.

>Can I get the mushroom ravioli?
>"Is the gnocchi pomodoro ok?"

Not too bad in my honest opinion.

Really I think they changed the sweetener from HFCS to sugar a couple of years back, but the fountain version of Mist and Mist-Twst have the original HFCS formula from what I've read somewhere.

...and then there was this idiot.