Best meat general

Let's talk steak?

I like to take a ribeye to hard sear it in a cast iron skillet with some butter, rosemary, shallots, and garlic, then pop it in the oven to finish it out to a nice medium-rare.

How do you do yours Veeky Forums? What kind of pan do you use? Or do you forgo pans entirely and just slap in on the grill? What's your favorite cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtSSsu9u5YY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wasn't meant to be a question.

Let's talk steak!

Picked up this ribeye today. Gonna sous vide it for an hour at 123 degrees tomorrow night. Sear in ripping hot cast iron afterwards.

Looks like a well-marbled steak user

I like to sear my steak using avocado oil for the high smoke point. I also dab off any excess moisture on the meat's surface to prevent steaming.

>cuck iron skillet
one of the worst ways to sear a steak imho, even below using a torch
grilling over a wood or charcoal burning fire is the way to go

>Meat general
>Nobody arguing about how to cook it.
Anything above medium is for eurocucks.

I always marinade, the steak is much jucier, even if I overcook it a little

What cut is this guy cooking?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtSSsu9u5YY

I saw some shit about cooking a filet with low heat by spooning melted butter over it and have been wanting to try it, but I'm too afraid it won't be good and I'll have wasted my money.

Medium rare is probably best.
In the USA they generally over Cook steak due to concerns about food poisoning. It's unfortunate but necessary due to the poor quality of beef.

anything above medium-rare*

>any meat not well-done

Stay pleb.

>general

How long do you put it in the oven and at what temperature?

I tend to over cook steak by frying it the pan because I'm not sure when it's done. If I cut it open that lets the juices out. If I use a thermometer it cooks more after I remove the pan

>Or do you forgo pans entirely and just slap in on the grill?

Depends on the steak. If it's boneless then I prefer to use the pan because it gets a better crust. But if the steak is bone-in then the bone prevents it from sitting flat on the pan. In that case the grill is in order.

>>favorite cut
1) Ribeye, bone-in.
2) Fillet aka tenderloin aka fillet mignon
3) Porterhouse
4) NY Strip

>cooks more after I remove the pan
You are supposed to take the steak off the heat BEFORE it reaches your desired temp. Take it off about 5 degrees less than what you want to allow for the carry-over heat.

What's your favorite cut?

Couldn't wait for dinner. Just had it for lunch.
Here's how it turned out

Ah thanks for the 5 degree tip I'll try that
I think ny strip is my favourite

Torch is shit. Completely meme tier.

Cast iron skillet hot as fuck.
Slap ribeye down onto it, no butter or other bullshit the steak has plenty of fat.
Flip over sear other side, onto plate and eat that delicious piece of meat.

>Eating fillet memegnon
Flat iron is the best cut

rate mine? is it overcooked?

>is it overcooked?
Depends what you were aiming for. It's a matter of personal preference. I personally would call that overcooked if it was made for me.

sorry, Tex, but we invented the type of steak you so eagerly gobble down these days

I used to order mine 'grey to the core', and would send it back if it was only well done.

I'm a vegetarian these days.

good

>Sear
>In a pan
>BEFORE COOKING

Rib eye caps