Give me your best fresh soup recipes, Veeky Forums

Give me your best fresh soup recipes, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiveswithknives.net/2012/10/21/west-african-chicken-peanut-soup/
jamesbeard.org/recipes/sweet-onion-soup-caraway-and-croutons
twitter.com/AnonBabble

beer

Not on my right computer, so can't copy/paste, but here's what I remember for Tuscan soup.

-Brown some italian sausage in bacon fat using whatever seasonings you like, deglazing with whatever you like, until a little overdone (because it's going back in the soup)
-Very finely minced onion, and I can't stress enough VERY, in bacon grease until starting to brown
-Deglaze with white wine, throw in the garlic
-chicken broth and water in, 1/4" potato rounds, italian sausage, lots of pepper
-When potatoes cooked through, kale and bacon bits for like 10 minutes
-Heavy cream
-Put in those frozen breadsticks while it cools, bake until browned on top (maybe even a little over browned)
-Serve with the breadsticks for dunking, and a lot of fresh-grated parmesan cheese

This one never fails to disappoint. Kale is the best in porky broth.

BOOZE AIN'T FOOD

>thinly veiled chicago pizza thread

Id rather cut my ding dong off than not drink.

Hey guys, any links to your favorite chili recipes? There are a shitton online and they only look meh.

Pls respond

Chili is more of a method than a recipe. Also, you have to determine if you want ground beef and bean, or beef chunk. I have my own method, but epicurious and serious eats are good for a few pointers. Fry the meat, set aside, onions and garlic, deglaze with beer, add beef and chili sauce. Of course, this whole time, you're doing things like roasting spices and dried chilis, grinding them in a mortar and pestle, adding little touches like cinnamon or dark chocolate.

And do this all drunk, of course.

Read that in Nathan Explosion's voice

Fuck

There's a chain of pub themed restaurants in Oregon called McMenamins. They have two amazing soups. An African Chicken Peanut soup, and a beer cheese potato soup.

This is a variation on the former.

wiveswithknives.net/2012/10/21/west-african-chicken-peanut-soup/

I believe the only variation is the coconut milk, which I haven't tried. The dark sesame oil can also be removed.

It's fucking delicious. Like... last meal-tier delicious. Try it.

that's some nice 'o 'a my friend.

>only two people in this thread actually know how to cook, and post about it
>the others think it's /b/ with food

Veeky Forums is truly dead

>Oregon
Literally where?

I remember thinking that back in 2007. Nothing has really changed

Google gazpacho, salmorejo and ajoblanco

Have made this soup a couple of times, it's fantastic:

jamesbeard.org/recipes/sweet-onion-soup-caraway-and-croutons

My noodle soup recipe.

Soften carrots and onions and scallions in pan. Season with salt, pepper, herbs and brown sugar.

Add chicken stock.

Add garlic, ginger, chilis flakes (optional), dark and light soy and herbs to broth.

Add noodles, sweet corn and already cooked chicken into the broth.

Heat up noodles and chicken then serve.

Tomato barley soup.

Soak 1/2 cup barley in water while preparing the vegetables. Chop an onion (and a couple carrots if you want), cook in a little oil til softened. Add a couple cloves of minced garlic.

Add 4 cups broth, barley, a few chopped tomatoes or a can of diced tomatoes, and a bay leaf. Bring to boil, then simmer for 30 - 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

beans :^)

You know what you're doing.

Stop it.

It's a little unknown province on the west coast of a country called "The United States of America."

But seriously, try the soup.

These sound really good