Australian Election

8 hours from now, we have our federal election.
it is a tradition to buy a sausage on bread, with onion and slather it in tomato sauce and eat in while you're waiting in line to vote.
its called a sausage sizzle.
they're also found outside bunnings, a national hardware store chain and also

but tomorrow is a federal election!
so what I am proposing is for everyone to try the good old sausage sizzle, find some thin beef sausages preferably with a natural casing and fry them up, fry some sliced onion up too.
put them on bread, squirt some ketchup on them.
its nothing special but satisfies somehow

Instead why not a non spicy picco de gallo on top ?

Or onion jam ?

too high rent

already voted

We /pol/ now.
Who'd you vote?
Who are we gonna vote?
And why s

>ketchup
>no bun
Aussies...

why bother with a bun, its just flavourless bread anyway
a slice of bread gives the bready texture and flavour without the pretence
>disliking ketchup
go back to your salad rolls chicago

Then its a fucking hot dog not a sausage sizzle.

Oh Australia, you so crazy!
This is the first time I've ever heard of a food tradition that centers around waiting in line to vote. That awesome, but also hilarious. And, wow, you'd think us fatties in the US would totally have something like that, but we're too busy politically shitposting IRL.

Gotta say I'm 35 years old and have never seen a sausage sizzle at a polling station. I'm feeling fucking gypped. According to the map thing someone made there's one a few km away, but my current one is literally at the end of the street. Bunnings is closer than the other place.

I will be doing this... without having to go to the store. Picture ensues.

my local polling booth has no democracy sausages because my area is full of richfags, feelsbad.

We have compulsory voting in Australia so this is one way to keep the plebs happy and gives the chance for the party hacks to try and sway your vote while they feed you, America you should try it.. I'm sure the lure of cheap meat in carbs would bring out a few extra voters.

fucking snobs

Voted early yesterday since I didn't want to contened with the long lines. Think I might start a BBQ for myself.

This is now a dedicated snag thread

in the states all i got was a fucking "i voted" sticker
are you guys in the EU now since britain is out?

>are you guys in the EU now since britain is out
fuck no, the commonwealth shall rise again

>buns
dropped!

Fairy bread, and now this - tell me, is there anything inside that failure island of Australia that ISN'T based on flavorless white bread?

Had mine this morning for brekkie

$2 onions and tomato sauce good deal m8

>that little flap of bread

"a kiwi favorite"

vote LEAVE

the aboriginals couldnt run the government if all those white people left australia..

Fuck, when do we have to vote? If it's today I'll just take the fucking fine I'm not leaving the house.

between 8am and 6pm

Meat pies are pretty good.

>non spicy pico de gallo

Is there any other kind?

saved one from this morning. having it for dinner (frugal living)

rate

oi, is that a zesty 'straya style 'og m8?

Where i come from, it's always spicy.
Best english name i could google for the dish, sry

noice
$2?

yes sir

the bread had gotten stale because i bought it 10 hours earlier but still extremely tasty 8/10

>'og

its a 'age ya dingus

Entire oaf of bread (like from coles): 85c
Pack of 10 sausages: $5
At least 10 meals

>sausage sizzle is a real thing, not an elaborate Australian Veeky Forums shitpost

Impressive.

because australians have no semblance of class.

wow aussie cuisine sucks ass if you use whie bread on purpose and ketchup. Only poor people who don't buy rolls ever use white bread for hotdogs or sausage. And ketchup? you will be made fun of if you use that on any meat here in the US if you are older than 12.