Any jews or muslims who browse this board that follow their religious dietary laws?

Any jews or muslims who browse this board that follow their religious dietary laws?

Do you ever get curious about what pork tastes like? Do you ever feel like you're missing out?

more jews eat pork than they'll admit

Not Muslim myself but my father is. Not being able to eat pork doesn't faze him at all. It's just one type of meat out of many, as long as he has lamb and fish he's good.

I had a Muslim friend at work who eats bacon when his family isn't around

>Dad's Muslim but you're not

So, are you your dad's wife's son, then?

Do you still do everything your parents told you to do?

Raised SEA muslim. more of an agnostic muslim, if there's such a thing. actually I did, along with alcohol, and several other non-muslim things, out of curiosity. I consider it my Rumspringa.

I admit i miss real bacon, but it's something i can live without.

funny thing about non-practicing muslims in SEA, my place at least; they'll fuck around with whores, gamble their bank savings away, get drunk enough to vote for trump, but the moment someone mentions eating pork, they cringe at you and lecture you like they're a fucking prophet.

Do you still hurt and disappoint your parents just because?

That's a bit of a loaded question.

Of course I do. How else am I supposed to earn GBP?

Kinda like those bacon loaded baked potatoes that your faggot dad can't eat.

Muslim here. Yes was curious. Grew up in Straya so one day tried it when I was a kid (in Islam, only adults will be punished for their sins) but meh. Accidently drank alcohol punch thinking it was juice while in Kiwiland. Even if I was non muslim, I wouldn't drink alcohol or smoke because I'm a biomedical scientist and know they are poison. With pork, its already ingrained not to eat it.

My dad used to eat bacon every weekend.

>biomedical scientist
>Muslim

Why bro? Muhammad was a pedophile and one of the most evil men who ever existed. The only reason Islam exists today is because people were terrified to leave after he died

If you want to eat bacon just fucking do it

What bug got up your ass, user?

My bug got up your mom's ass.

I praise allah everytime I see how cheap pork chops and shoulders are.

Most Muslim men, especially Arab-speaking ones, won't typically be with a woman who has children already.

Because of this, a widow in a Muzzie country is unlikely to ever remarry and, depending on the country, will most likely wind up destitute, giving the kids away to family. Some Durkadurka countries where destitution for a widow is not guaranteed are Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon and the nations of the Barbary Coast (excepting Libya) where women are typically able to support themselves.

A woman who gets divorced is similarly screwed. This is why despite how common abuse is in a married Muzzie woman's life, she'll seldom to never attempt divorce, even if she lives in a Western country where it would be easier to get.
The fear of destitution is so deeply seated in her psyche that she'll deal with spousal rape as well as physical and psychological abuse rather than ever leave.
Woman in Islamic culture are little more than pets and fucktoys.

especially bacon. I know jews who hate pork that will still cross over the line for the cured meat. Ironically though not a lot of jews observe kosher laws.

stay safe and friendly at least. being muslim in SEA is pretty much asking to be baited into being involved in the flavor of the week conflict they have going now. as if getting rid of muslims wont just expose some other group they'll decide is ruining their country until there is once again 5 dudes in a thatch hut living there.

>not a lot of jews observe kosher laws
I know I don't. I'm not even circumcised.
Love me some cheeseburgers and all manners of piggy meats. Goddamn, I want a cheeseburger right the fuck now.

>he thinks all of SEA is thailand and its non-muzzie neighbours!!!
Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei exist, user, as does Singapore.

Muslim here.

Pog grosses me out but i had some loaded baked potatoes wit the bacon and all that work at hard rock phuket when i was drunk once.

Tasted fuckin amazing my nigga but fuck pig either way

Ayo middle eastern muslim and that pork phrase is true as FUCC man I tell my dudes this all the time.

"Yeah I drink gamble fuck and smoke... PORK? What am I am infidel?!"

I know a Hindu who eats Big Macs.

>Woman in Islamic culture are little more than pets and fucktoys.

Where can I has one?

you have to convert and join isis

>I know a Hindu who eats Big Macs.

this sentence is entertaining

I thought alcohol was haram?

It is. We all sin my nigga let me sin wit whats worth it on Earth im goin to hell if theres an afterlife anyway.

it is, but as and pointed out, the less pious ones don't really shy away from alcohol.

Get out before he has you executed

Populist religious practices, same reason many focus solely on queers and ignored damn near every other passage. People will always pick and choose and espouse the current popular sin/redemption practice.

Kinda unrelated to the thread, but why don't we make bacon from other animals?

there is such a thing as beef, lamb, & turkey bacon, user. it just don't taste the same

Turkey bacon should be illegal, it's absolute shit.

>because I'm a biomedical scientist
Why do you faggots always do this? Nobody cares what you claim to do for a living.

I lose all respect possible for someone once I find out they follow any religious dietary law. It's absolute nonsense, it's arbitrary and outdated. If you follow a dietary law I sincerely think you are dumb for doing it. You might as well spend your entire life avoiding the color red, it holds just as much meaning.

What about vegetarians?

If they have a reason, though I may disagree with it, at least their decision was arrived at by some effort of thought.

That was a good film desu. Don't get the hate.

lol do you guys make this kind of thread just to troll Muslims?
I can't believe it's so hard to understand that almost all religions have punitive figures because
>social control

What if, like religion, they're just doing it because the rest of their social circle is doing it and they don't want to alienate the group?

says the guy who gets angry when someone eats a dog

Not a big fan of pork anymore. Bacon is good every once in a while but holy shit it's bad for you.

Pork also reheats terribly imo.

When did I say that? I'm not saying that you can't refuse to eat pork, just that you need a better reason for it than religion. For instance someone could make an argument that because of the scientific findings of how dog's brains and human's brains register the same joy and chemical release when they behold each other, that you shouldn't eat dogs, that would be valid because it's reasoned and has meaning.

Then they're doing it for a stupid, shallow reason.

you didn't need to, it was implied from your post

you're making the assumption that our hangups on which animals are ok to eat have some modern day theological basis rather than just being something that people do because "that's just the way things are"

you happen to notice it when it's a culture whose hangups differ from your own, and you laugh and point fingers as if you're some unique logical genius

you're no better than the rest, it's just that nobody is calling you out on your hysterial superstitious bullshit that you mistook for "logic"

I have a friend who is a religious Jew. For the longest time he would complain to me that he didn't know what pork and shellfish tasted like. Then years later, I find out he was lying about it, apparently bullshitting that way was something he was getting off on, he was a... closet bacon eater. Guy would go to diners and order ham, eggs and bacon.

Not friends with him anymore. Fuck him and fuck anyone who is religious, they are more full of shit than anyone else you will ever meet.

This thread is specifically about theological reasons for not eating certain animals. Of course there are non-theological ones, but how do you know I ascribe to them as you think I do? There are tons of things I eat, animal or not, that my family don't or think is weird. I think it's just as stupid to unthinkingly avoid eating dogs, I think you should generally reason for yourself, outside of whatever your culture or religion says, why or why not to eat certain animals. I'm not vegan, but taking the life of another living being isn't something you should do haphazardly, you should deeply think about the moral connotations. There are plenty of reasons not to eat animals, be they personal or objective, but they hold no meaning if they were arrived at because it was what someone was told to do, and so they did it.

I don't know where you live, but here in the northeast US there are a lot of people who were raised in jewish culture but would basically qualify as agnostic

it's very common for those people to have an aversion to shrimp or pork while denying that they follow jewish dietary laws

when you're raised by people who told you there was something wrong with a certain food, you're not going to have the same associations as another person who was raised eating that food growing up

it's like how many people here are nostalgic for shit-tier junk food, while I myself have no particular wish ever to eat something like that

I'm not saying shrimp or pork are shit tier junk foods - I love them both. but I was raised in a culture where those were good things to eat. and yet, I am capable of distancing myself from the whole affair enough to understand why someone may have a conflicted relationship with a common food, without any appeals to invisible beings

I partied with a Turk once who would be absolutely fine getting hammered and fucking randos, but would bitch incessantly about there being pork sausage on the pizza and how he can't eat it now.

Fucking Muslims.

>and you laugh and point fingers as if you're some unique logical genius
I don't know how you can get that from that post. Saying people should think about why they eat what they eat makes someone pompous and pretentious? Really?

>There are plenty of reasons not to eat animals, be they personal or objective, but they hold no meaning if they were arrived at because it was what someone was told to do, and so they did it.
You say that like it's just some simple fact, like deciding on what brand of dish detergent to use

Eating habits, like sexuality, is driven by a lot of factors that are more or less ingrained in people either by nature or by nurture, or some combination of both

Unless you're going to somehow spawn a new civilization out of test tubes and set them up on mars, there are going to be feelings about eating horses and pigs and dolphins and cats, and those feelings are going to differ from person to person and from animal to animal

Hundreds of years ago we explained these feelings in terms of invisible beings. Today it's because "scary foreign factories" made the food (see )

Maybe some day, in the future society, we'll have other retarded reasons like "reddit believes in horses, I'm a 4channer and I only eat monkeys"

Stop acting like religion is uniquely responsible for stuff you have trouble understanding

My parents also told me to not have premarital sex, but I do that. New England Jews who go to temple once or twice a year max but still don't want you to have bacon in the dip at a party are the worst people.

This.
My nan was a filthy A-rab, but a Christian rather than Muzzie. She wouldn't /cook/ pork, but she'd eat it if someone else cooked it. She said that it's because in her home country, pork wasn't commonly available and she's heard that it's dangerous to eat if it's not cooked properly, so she wouldn't cook it herself for fear of giving herself food poisoning. Desert peoples' aversion to the flesh of pork even predates Judaic literature, ergo, we can today infer that it's a cultural thing that became codified as a religious taboo years later in order to justify the taboo, similar to the Islamic veneration of cats following after the cultural appreciation for felines which dates back in desert cultures to long, long before Islam ever reared its ugly head.

In Islam, it is said those who do not feed cats are doomed to hell.

I wonder who's behind this post

>My parents also told me to not have premarital sex, but I do that
And so do most people. Some of those people have conflicted feelings about it though. They may not admit it, not to you, maybe not even to themselves, but almost everyone has some level of irrational hangups about what sex acts are ok and under what circumstances. Don't pretend you're different.

I'm currently fucking a half-mex qtp2t who was raised a Jehovah's Witness who has this same irrational shame of wanting and having sex.
It's silly, but I get it. Sex is shamed in most cultures.

Why precisely are these barely practicing Jews so autismal about kosher law in the first place?

They're not, it's just that someone once commented that they didn't like bacon and this redditor had a stroke because he couldn't deal with it, and made up a whole story about non-practicing former Jews

I am a Muslim and I read this board. I dislike the way that bacon smells, and I can't really tell the difference visually between pork and most other kinds of meats so I just tend to avoid anything meat containing that isn't home-made by me or obviously free of pigs.

Makes food choices a whole lot easier, since a massive quantity of food is simply unfit for consumption.

yeah, nah, they're brown but so it's different ay

Yes? Why wouldn't you?

Ex-jew here. Shellfish > pork pêh.

Bruh, it was a Jew. All they do is lie and bullshit to goys.

I think its because they grow up thinking pork is nasty as fuck so it would be like your bro walking up and telling you he ate dog shit or a cat for breakfast.
Not even that devout of a catholic but I still feel like shitting my pants for a moment if I eat meat on a friday

>ex jew
it is blood based user you are here forever

That's only during Lent, you idjit

He's an atheist you fucking retard.

How does it feel to have the entire world hate you? Your religion is a death cult and your culture is shit. Maybe you could get some edgy Veeky Forums points by saying "yeah but I get to beat women, touch kids, and kick dogs" but the fact of the matter is that your religion is a disgrace and embarrassment on a global scale-- anybody intelligent can see this. I'm not talking about ISIS, I'm talking about you fucking idiots who still follow barbaric customs. If you were my friend I'd slap the shit out of you.

Even if it's just something like "I can't eat pork", your entire culture is a walking pain in the ass to the rest of the planet. Please stay in your desert shitholes, and if you do breed, raise your kids secular so maybe they could have a shot at breaking this cycle of retardation.

you dont have any friends loser

not a semite-swine but I'm a vegetarian and I don't miss it because this exists

Fun fact... jews and muslims are barred from pork because it tastes just like HUMANS
#RELIGIONSFROMSPACE
#ABRAHAMWASMARTIAN
#ETOURLORDANDSAVIOR

>Be contracted driver in the Middle East
>Get back to Hotel (Only places allowed to important and sell alchohol)
>Tired as fuck
>Want a drink to take edge off
>Go to hotel bar
>Full of fucking rich sand niggers having a drink

Dietary laws are social control, the rich do not obey them yet condemn those who break them.

That came later, desert peoples could not keep a herd of ominvors that could literally eat until they burst. If one were to get in to a vegetable patch they would not stop eating.

>Pigs do not stop eating when full
>Desert peoples can have harder times growing food
>Pigs will eat humans if left
>If pigs broke out they will eat everything
>Pigs get in to vegetable gardens
>All vegetables gone by morning
>Localized starvation
>Weakness to other tribes

They claim it tastes like us in the same way that Chicken tastes like frog, it doesn't.

I was raised Muslim but I grew up and believing God didn't make sense anymore.

The few times I've eaten pork it didn't really impress me.

Yeah well it's easy to stay away from pork as it's not addicting, as opposed to sex, alcohol and gambling.

This

You know, you could just go back to /pol/. Nobody would miss you.
Talking as a godless white westerner, your knee jerk reaction to anything even remotely muslim is cringeworthy at best and makes me feel sad for you and the massive amounts of anger you must be harboring inside.
I sincerely hope that you one day can put your distracting hate for religion aside and focus on the thing that is the true source for your anger.

Godspeed, user!

>Talking as a godless white westerner, your knee jerk reaction to anything even remotely muslim

Muslim councils in every city in the west are providing next to zero help in the fight against radicalism, in every single case they watched, instructed and condoned it but failed to tell anybody.

Your moderate muslims are the ones that decry when you compare the Prophet, pigs be upon him, to anything human but remain silent when a 1000 strong crowd of them go sexually harrassing your women.

You quoted muslims discussing why they are or aren't eating pork, your inability to shut up about your political views is pure cringe especially since this is a cooking board and /pol/ is merely a click away.

I may or may not share your views, but i lack any hate and I certainly have the ability to realize that there's a time and place. In fact, the majority of people on this board seems to realize this.

*phase

yeah, no surprise. even heard this on a stand up routine by Gabriel Iglesias when he got called to the ME, to perform on stage, in the middle of the desert, miles away from the city, hosted by a bunch of rich socialites. not to sound like some edgy, teen hipster but hypocrisy is a thing many people ignore if you're dirt rich, or bloody damn influential in Muslim countries.

Religious Jew here, I've only tried bacon once but it just tasted like fat and fried meat, nothing impressive.

I don't eat non-kosher food these days, or any meat at all for this matter (got into Jewish vegetarianism)

So you agree with and do everything your parents tell you?

How does jewish vegetarianism differ from the regular kind?

Everything is spiced with semen and the blood from boy cocks

I was raised Jewish, left the religion years ago.

I always ate bacon growing up so I didn't really miss it but honestly, having real cuts of pork was disappointing. It wasn't as delicious as I expected it to be. So I stick to bacon and ham when it comes to eating pork.

I have relatives who don't eat shrimp or shark, my fiancee (Muslim, but same basic rules) doesn't eat meat at all but that's because she saw a pot bellied pig and now is in some hopefully short term vegetarian mode.

>How does jewish vegetarianism differ from the regular kind?

It's kosher...

I'll see myself out.

>not eating something because an ancient book full of ridiculous fairy tales tells you not to

I dont even

I'm curious, what does frog taste like?

I've had pork when I was really young (lechon and those lil' red juicy sausages in the Philippines) and it didn't really leave an impression on me. Not eating pork doesn't faze me, but avoiding it is the hardest part. A lot of interesting dishes and commonplace foods utilize it.

But it is just another meat. There's always substitutes. Living in the Middle East was great because it was so easy to avoid pork and find halal equivalents to corndogs and other typical America-pork-overload foods.

I'm a total hypocrite though since I eat a ton of shrimp and shellfish products. Hard to balance keeping strict Kosher with a SEA background.

Not him, but it tastes of fish to me. Has the texture of chicken wings, though. So fishy chicken, I guess.

That sounds tasty, unfortunately frogs creep the fuck out of me.

Just buy a bag of frozen, skinned frog's legs (I fucking HATE preparing fresh frog, so this is what I do) and pretend it's chicken wings. Even looks like chicken wings, in fact. Except for the little foot bit attached at the end, but you can cut it off before cooking.
I like it fried or sautéed. If sautéed, do it in olive oil with shallots, fresh laurels and cracked peppercorn then finish with a spritz of fresh lemon. If fried, dust it in seasoned cornflour/cornstarch, let it sit 10ish minutes or so for the flour to hydrate through, then dust a second time.
Finally, carefully put into boiling oil and fry to a crisp, then eat.
I like to season the cornflour simply (just salt and pepper) but you can add all sorts of things that float your boat to it.

Pic related is sautéed frog's legs with polenta.

I know that feeling

>"HELL YEAH! BANGKOK!"
>"PLENTY OF WHORES TO BANG COCK WITH ME!"
>"I'm hungry. let's see what they have on their McDonalds"
>Hamburgers
>"oh.... ok, but just this once, because i'm hungry. I'll eat at that heavily Muslim neigborhood after this"
>3 nights later.
>"yeah, fuck this. the same thing, the same place for 3 whole nights? and the Teh Tarik doesn't taste like teh tarik. it's normal fucking tea with milk!"

>corndogs
>pork
I don't know why, but I've never seen a pork corndog. Seriously. I've checked every single time I've seen a corndog package at the supermarket the last several months. Dunno why. Just have. And they're always chicken. Every. Single. Time. Dunno what that's about.
Maybe pork used to be more common in corndogs once upon a time but isn't anymore or something. I don't know. What I do know is that corndogs are delicious.

This might come as a surprise, but you can make corndogs without buying them pre-made. Did it occur you that someone might be taking pork hot dogs and then dipping them in cornbread batter of their own making?

No.
Because user specifically mentioned getting them, implying already made.
And it's irrelephant anyway because I was trying to say that user might assume that the corndogs are mixed meat (IE with pork in them as well as turkey/chicken), but might be surprised to find that why they may not be kosher or halal, they're at the very least more likely to be chicken than anything else.
I've checked four different brands now, and they're always chicken. No clue why.
Pic related: it's an irelephant gif.