I came across some shit on google which stated that dark chocolate is actually healthy and good for you. Is this true?

I came across some shit on google which stated that dark chocolate is actually healthy and good for you. Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

'Tis true.

chocolate candy is not healthy, unless you're malnourished.

Chocolate candy as in regular chocolate ?

chocolate is an anti oxidant. so it can be healthy for you, but like all things, stuffing your body full of it isn't good for you. if you want the health benefits, I'd recommend just adding some coa coa to your tea, no sugar, or nibbling on a bar of bakers chocolate. If you must have sweet, Make your own at home with honey, the less of it the better.

I eat raw cacao nibs they're good in oatmeal or yogurt and such. Taste nothing like chocolate though lol, just bitter and vinegary and hard/crunchy as fuck.

Shit ton of antioxidants and fiber though.

nah

io9.gizmodo.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800

>chocolate is an anti oxidant

you need oxygen to survive you retard, how is that helpful

Yes, dark chocoloate, at a certain percent 70%+ i believe, in SMALL moderation on a semi weekly basis may be healthy for you. that being said you can get all the nutritious benefits from much healthier options.

>chocolate is healthy

thanks buddy, now i'm gonna go make a list article titled "5 Foods You Think Aren't Healthy For You But Are"

Don't forget to link it once you're done posting it on reddit.

Yeah it's really good for you, it actually like gives your anti-cancer microbes extra limbs and torque, the thing is you need to eat seven pounds of dark chocolate before the effects kick in, and that's every hour

Come on, put in some effort.

>Not relying on peer reviewed articles

how is anti oxygen healthy

Oxygen makes your blood "rust" (because of iron)

>implying honey is healthier than sugar

It's still half glucose, half fructose.

I'm eating some right now. Potentiates opiates.

Yes, thought most food has things in it that are healthy and good for you.

Eating a varied diet of high quality foods will always be good for you. Just don't buy cheap chocolate that is mostly sugar. There's a big difference between sugary dark chocolate that's made for cookies and an 80%+ cacao high quality chocolate bar.

Is cocoa powder (like for baking/drinks, usually 'dutch process') good for you?

Is it equivalent to 99% chocolate, since theres no sugar/butter?

How many spoons could you have a day, say with tea or hot water?

>How many spoons could you have a day, say with tea or hot water?
Well it depends, do you want comfort, moderate discomfort, pain, or death?

comfort please. or better.

I don't think it's inherently better, fat is supposed to contain soluble vitamins and the cocoa butter has been removed. Maybe you could use baker's chocolate instead.

If I eat too much cocoa will I die?

Yeah but in this context the cocoa fats aren't what all the nutritional fuss is about, it is the cocoa solids.

Instead of cocoa butter, you could have better regarded fats like avocado or salmon.

Yeah I didn't think about that, but unless you're eating avocado or salmon with the cocoa solids you might not be absorbing everything from the solids.

I don't think absorbing everything is truly necessary, especially if you consume enthusiastic quantities. You could always have nuts with them instead. A good pairing.

It would be extremely painful

I like to binge on an 85% green and blacks chocolate bar every now and again. But fuck, dark chocolate constipates me like nothing else in the world. Does this happen to anyone else? It's weird because I can eat more grams of fat from nuts or oil and I'll actually shit more, so I don't think it's the fat content

That happened to me the last time I had an 85% bar. I think it's because there isn't really any moisture in it, it's just cocoa solids + fat. You need water/other liquids to have good poops, and the fat content makes you think it's not dry.

So yet more evidence that powder+water is the best cocoa product?

you can actually die from chocolate because of theobromine.

I wouldn't say it's better, but you'd be less likely to get constipated from it.

I suppose it would be better to melt the dark chocolate into water or milk, or at least have a glass of water or milk with it. It's just the high fat content making you think it's moist, but it becomes like a thick sticky paste in your intestines.

>an 80%+ cacao high quality chocolate bar.

For Example?

>Is cocoa powder (like for baking/drinks, usually 'dutch process') good for you?

boil it in water, then add it to a cup with some coffee-mate and aspartame. it tastes like regular hot cocoa, but without the sugar and much less fat.

Just Lindt or whatever is available in my grocery store, don't remember the name. I know it's not top shelf chocolate but it's a lot higher quality than the chocolate that's 75% sugar and tastes rancid.

>gizmodo
N-nice journalism user

If you want the health benefits, best go with raw cacao. Dutch process destroys a lot of good shit.

I'm not wholly familiar with the intricacies of full biochemistry but I know a bit. Oxygen is incredibly greedy when it comes to electrons and steals electrons from many sources, stealing a shit ton of electrons causes free radicals to develop which then throws the biochemistry of the cell and body out of whack. Possibly causing disease if left unchecked for long periods of time. Take this with a grain of salt please.

What does the salt do?

Warns the reader that I am not a nutritionist nor a biochemist and my information has potential to be not fully accurate. In terms of biochemistry it is a source of electrolytes.

What you said is correct. Oxygen is a very reactive element.
It's actually a poison to life. It's vital to breathings forms of life but only absorbed in a specific way (in most eukaryotes via hemoglobine).
And by the way anti-oxydant doesn't even refer to oxygen directly but to the oxydation family of reactions wich does involve oxygen but is more about the electron balance.
The anti oxydants are good.

Chocolate is good, the cocoa butter is a good fat (provided it doesnt go through some weird processing) but in the end it's still fat, and everything else they put in chocolate (vanilla aroma and sugar) is bad.
So yeah, black chocolate is good as drinking tea is good.