Happy almost 4th America, what are you cooking to celebrate? I'm having pic related. Will update when it's done

Happy almost 4th America, what are you cooking to celebrate? I'm having pic related. Will update when it's done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_zfvXu-U4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finished product.

I was scared you were making Aunt Myrna's party salad for a second.

Ok now you're going to add a whole stick of butter. Yep, a whole stick.

>salsa
>not chili

BUILD THAT FUCKING WALL

That's Velveeta cheese, if you're actually serious

I love that garbage. I add browned breakfast sausage to mine and serve it with tostitos scoops

Should've had two beside each other, and shouted "ELECTRIC STOVES CAN'T MELT VELVEETA CHEESE" once they came down

They're both texmex dipshit

And that's queso

Some of us live in countries that don't frequently use absolute garbage ingredients and just can't tell some times if it's a block of cheese, butter, margarine, or lard since they all have similar shades of yellow.

>countries that don't frequently use absolute garbage ingredients
Yes you do. It's just different garbage.

Protip: fuck your Velveeta and get a better American cheese. 'Go to the grocery deli and have them sell you a hunk of the American cheese they slice, like pic related. Or buy the Kraft deluxe brand that's sold next to the Velveeta, it costs a bit more and is in a smaller blue box.

This, that velveeta cheese fucking disgusts me, reminds me of shitty food every holiday... if you're making it, use a white american cheese.

Got some farm-fresh pork steaks, some corn, and garlic bread and we're grilling outside tomorrow. I've never grilled before though, but I'm pretty much copying what my grandparents do.

Also, some shitty Budweiser, more for necessity than for taste.

>use a white american cheese.
the color doesn't fucking mean anything
You can have super shitty cheese that is not colored and excellent cheese that is

But Velveeta is made by Kraft

you're funny : )

have a good day

I'm smoking a couple of pork butts, made cornbread just for the fuck of it, and am currently cooking flan. About to make some cole slaw as well, and cut up a pineapple to grill tomorrow.

I love it, I don't care what people say. But for fucks sake, chop up your velveeta into cubes to melt it you lazy fucking heathen.

Velveeta + Rotel + some hamburger/taco seasoning = yummy in my fat American tummy. It is trash that I will continue to enjoy eating.

Yea, I'm talking about this. It's a bit harder to find and costs more but it's a pretty decent American cheese.

I like you

Huh, okay. I'll take your word for it. I'll try it next time in lieu of Velveeta, if I can find it.

I'll have to look into that

Why can't you just use cream?

I haven't had that in 4 years, but now that I am eating it I do not regret it.

It's actually cheaper then buying the dip anyway and tastes much better.

I do feel like a corporate prostitute though.

Because it's cheese

>cream and salsa
what does he mean by this?

>and am currently cooking flan.

OMG YES

Australia here, but in love with American Cuisine. It's the 4th today!

Doing a batch of bacon, cheese and garlic loaded french fries with some bbq sauce and aioli sauces. Washing that down with a Dr Pepper.

Is this American enough? Pls notice me BSAs (Big Strong Americans)

I just had some overpriced hot wings reheated in the microwave.

Later I'll eat some cheese and salsa.

All while getting drunk on cheap white wine, watching speedruns and thinking about depression.

Where the hell is the pulled pork?

git gud aussie

I almost thought this was some newfangled way of making 'go 'za.

>cheap white wine

better get some shrimp too buddy

You godamned well better cook some large chunk of meat over a fucking fire ya cunt.
And blow some shit up.

It's the American way!

Sure, good enough.

The most american of "foods"
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_zfvXu-U4

It's a tradition here to smoke a pork butt and have a nice BBQ meal, shoot some shit on the property, followed by a trip into the city to find a Brit at one of the Irish pubs, and punch that limey bitch right in the fucking mouth.

/finger

Fucking Brit cunts should all hang.

Happy independence day, y'all.

Just be sure to make the traditional salad!

Just remember to use a real whipped cream, like Cool Whip, not that fake stuff.

Yeah cool whip is the bestest.

>not eating garbage

Fries are Belgian

Put chorizo in it you disgusting fuck

Holy shit Jim idk you posted on here, see ya at the office on Tuesday

I'm looking forward to the flan. Came out looking real fucking nice, gonna flip it tomorrow after it gets nice and cold.

Top kek

I never said it did, but yellow looks like piss.

We celebrated it today. Made the usual hotdogs and sliders, plus a shit ton of clams and salad.
>tfw can't make anything spicier than mild and more exotic than asparagus becuase most of the guests are old white people or suburbanites

Can't make anything spicier than mild or more exotic than asparagus. I did make you some clams and salad though...

Get off Veeky Forums, niggerfaggot.

Some mods need to get in here and police all this shit content.

grow a pair

.today i'm making shrimpturkey burgers
ground turkey chopped up shrimps cilantro s&p and green onion.

Not american and a poor student so no grillin.
There was huge chunks of serrano ham on sale so I bought that. Anyone know what to do with it?

nice joke buddy

Don't you mean freedom fries?

if it makes you feel better, i live in america (not OP's murrica tho) and thought that was butter or margarine, too. velveeta is not something that has ever been or will be in muh belly.

sloppy joes all weekend, burgers and dogs today. FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Eat at least 4 burgers today

Non-American here, I have an American friend who's in my town for the month, what could I cook that's 4th-of-July as fuck but that she probably won't cook herself?

rape her. she wouldn't cook that herself

Baked beans.

I am an American, but still think they are definitely better as breakfast food and vanilla ice cream with a shitload of cinnamon is top notch.

based goosey

Sorry there's so many old white people, they don't all get gunned in the streets or have a 57% obesity rate.

Something from her childhood that is not out of a box.

Like for it was meatloaf. Not exactly American per se, but something I long for when I go home yet never make myself.

If she is southern US you may actually want to try OP if you can get the ingredients. I would never make that except for today.

If you want to go fully cheesy make a desert in the scheme of this.

Today's adventure in cooking.

>making Cheesy Enchilada hamburger helper
>add a bunch of other stuff to make it slightly less shit
>couple of cans of mushrooms, diced tomatoes and chilies
>start in on spices
>garlic
>onion powder
>cumin
>cayenne
>OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT THE FUCK THERE ARE BUGS LIVING IN THE FUCKING CAYENNE
>the few that go in the skillet wriggle for a second, agonizingly being boiled alive
>bugs have given up their magic steam and still sitting on surface
>strongly consider throwing it out on principle
>fuck it, apocalypse training
>scoop out the bugs
>throw out the jar of cayenne
>garnish with avocado

How'd I do?

>cans of mushrooms
why the fuck do you get your mushrooms from a can you fucking savage?

you would be a great mcdonalds employee

Just going to a Cajun-themed picnic.
Also, cut your 'cheese' up before you put it in. Melts faster that way.

I normally get fresh mushrooms, I just have a couple of cans for backup when I haven't been grocery shopping for a while or I forget to pick them up.

She's from North Carolina

It's just extra protein, no big deal

Will be making a burger in a couple of hours. Will post results when it's done.

Burgers, they're just so damn good, taste like freedom.

This t b h f a m.

I was making a content cop joke, sorry.

Dunno, i moved to the states and have to say that you guys really let them get away with a lot as far as the standard of your produce is concerned

I guess that's a natural consequence of everything being for sale, even the integrity of government food regulators. Can't blame the man on the street, but doesn't mean you have to play make believe either.

Still waiting on that reply, huh

Well, here. You can stop refreshing and move on now

>Velveeta cheese
>garbage

It's one of the most expensive cheeses out there .

Yes. Mexico here, that totally looks like butter.

i like how jack cant even fake enjoying that

ok, what country?

Belgium

>In 2002, the FDA issued a Warning Letter to Kraft that Velveeta was being sold with packaging that described it as a "Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread",[8] which the FDA claimed was misbranded because the product declared milk protein concentrate (MPC) in its ingredients listing. Velveeta is now sold in the US as a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product",[9] a term for which the FDA does not maintain a standard of identity, and which therefore may contain MPC.
>Milk, whey, skim milk, milk protein concentrate, water, milkfat, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, modified food starch; contains less than 2% of: salt, calcium phosphate, dried corn syrup, canola oil, malto dextrin, lactic acid, sorbic acid as a preservative, sodium alginate, sodium citrate, cheese culture, enzymes, apocarotenal (color), annatto (color)

Fuck's sake seppo's.

What does that have to do with me being from Belgium?

>'Go

>ALL THIS butthurt about Velveeta

EUROFAGS GET THE FUCK OUT REEEEEE

Made a lasagne.

topkek

PD is a racist; the Jewish news told me so.

I don't understand all the butthurt over "cheese product" not being real cheese. It's just an emulsion, nothing inherently wrong with it.

I made a big-ass batch of crawfish etoufee.

Now I have food for the whole week.

>Protip: fuck your Velveeta and get a better American cheese.
Or they could just get something that's not trash, like cheddar or jack.

""""""""Cheese""""""""

>velveeta
>cheese

holy fuck, I thought that was a big block of butter

>It's just an emulsion, nothing inherently wrong with it.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the idea of an emulsion, no. I agree.

But the problem is that the product tends to be made for the purpose of being as cheap as possible, as well as for good melting characteristics, and thus the flavor suffers greatly due to that compromise.

I would have a cheese that tastes better, even if that means paying more money or having it not melt as well.

Fucking hell, American "cuisine" is repulsive.

chili is infinitely better than salsa and i know it's fucking queso you stupid nigger

I don't know about you guys, but I'd shit that out in 15minutes flat or if I got lucky shart for hours. God only knows how this guys a'hole and butt crack look.

His fat brain is enjoying that, he's addicted to all the shit simple carbs in the processed shit and trans fats and saturated fats. Guy needs to consume 5,000+ calories a day or else he probably gets all emotional and crazy.