Are "filay" and "fillett" different pronunciations for the same word, or is one a verb and the other a noun?

Are "filay" and "fillett" different pronunciations for the same word, or is one a verb and the other a noun?

one is french the other is anglicised. both have the same meaning as either noun or verb.

The first is how the second is pronounced, but I've never seen it written that way. As was already said, it's the same word for both the noun and verb.

I thought it was filet?

"fill it" is the incorrect british version and 'fillay' is correct one.

brits can't do anything right, not even their own language.

Canadian here

That's the French spelling. In English it has two L's, but is pronounced the same, sans French accent.

in American it has one l

is there a mc anything worse than filetofish?

Fillet is the singular \noun and also the anglicized pronunciation.

Filet' or Filay is the correct pronunciation and is commonly used as the verb.

That's an exception...

no it's the norm. americans often opt for the original french words for culinary terms.

Other than occasionally being spelled with one L in the name of a specific dish like filet mignon or your fast food example, it's almost always spelled "fillet" in America.

>tfw american
>tfw spell and speak filet correctly
>tfw Brits are objectively incorrect

*fillet

No.

>it's almost always spelled "fillet" in America.
I've lived in America for 30 years and can literally never remember seeing it spelled wrong/limey.

So maybe it's regional, but New England at least knows how to spell French words.

I lived in New England for three years and they pronounce minestrone as "min-eh-strohn". People are backwoods as fuck in that part of the country and proud of their inbred idiosyncrasies. Who gives a a shit if a bunch of Italian-Americans spell French words like the french when they don't pronounce Italian words like everyone else in the US and Italy?

like 'bleu cheese crumbles' amirite

Texas reporting. We spell it correctly too.

always find it funny how americans cling to that idea that they're multicultural by grossly exaggerating the original pronunciation of foreign words.

Fillet is for poorfags and patricians, """fillay""" is for affected middle class Hyacinth Bucket types.

It's Bouquet, not Bucket :)