Artificial Banana and Watermelon taste nothing like the real things, and Blue Raspberry isn't even a real fruit...

Artificial Banana and Watermelon taste nothing like the real things, and Blue Raspberry isn't even a real fruit. How were we conditioned to accept these as actual flavors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1oX7hJLDtpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Grape medicine never tasted like anything like grape, so it was just natural to accept artificial flavors that actually tasted good.

I knew since preschool that banana candy/slushies tasted nothing like real banana, but it was still always my favorite flavor.

In Japan shaved ice a popular summer treat. And when buyng that you get to choose a syrup with a specific flavor, be it "strawberry", "lemon", "melon" or anything else. What most people do not realize even at adult age is that all syrups are essentially the same flavor, only colored differently.

So what the point is here, is that most people are willing to accept something taste like something else, as long as some sensory information (color) and the correct mental preparation exist.

I've had a few japanese grape flavored candies that actually tasted like grapes. They were pretty good.

Looked like little cardboard boxes with tiny gumball shaped chews in them.

youtu.be/1oX7hJLDtpU

Video related.

raspberry is blue because cherry and strawberry were already red. the bigger question is why those raspberry in the first place - blackberries are superior.

artificial banana tastes similar to the juice you get when you cook down bananas - it's like banana concentrate.

I hate artificial banana but love normal ones. It's the opposite with watermelon. I can barely tolerate the fruit but the candy is usually amazing.

by having HFCS shoved down our fat gullets at every opportunity

Blue raspberry is actually meant to be pear flavor

Artificial banana tastes more like banana than the real thing. Isoamyl acetate was refined when people ate gros michel bananas. Cavendish bananas have a more varied compound within them so they taste way different. I personally think that most bananas taste like fucking chemicals.

Just like apples, we have completely ruined the apple from the original through selective breeding. Apparently apples had extremely diverse flavours ages ago.

Wasn't the artificial banana flavor developed to taste more like the original bananas?

Gala apples are pretty good

If none of you fat fucks bought them, they wouldn't be on the shelves.

>shoved down
By your own hands, fat fucking piece of shit.

>banana and watermelon
Who the fuck is this supposed to appeal to? Fucking niggers?

hi-chew maybe?

Because sugar. Your brain likes.

Piss off mate

Honeycrisps are objectively superior.

Love me some artificial watermelon flavor

blue raspberry is blue berries and rasberries combined.

not really

they're both good, but git gud palate

my nigga

I remember drinking banana anti-biotics when I was maybe 4 or 5 and to this day I remember it as being the most savory sweet nectar I have ever tasted. I wish I could get some more today just to see how tainted my memory is.

>as actual flavors?
they are definitely actual flavors
Who gives a shit if they are natural? They taste good