What are some dishes to make with white rice? I don't mean like white rice on the side...

What are some dishes to make with white rice? I don't mean like white rice on the side, but something healthier where white rice is the main component.

ex) some white rice and veggies and some sauce on top. something like that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Take a shit in it

feijoada

White rice with fried egg, spam, soy sauce, and furikake.

I call it the, "Sodium Bomb from Hawaii, not Guam".

>feijoada
looks pretty good, thanks for the suggestion

Fried rice.

but i don't like spam

Made some last week, enjoy

kimchi bokkeumbap

When will this meme die?

spam is waste meat parts and salt, it's not outrageous to not like it

Dude. That skit is from 1970.

It will NEVER die.Get used to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Look up asian dishes? Most of Chinese and Japanese cooking is meant to be paired with rice.

Vietnamese, Thai, Korean etc too.

Otherwise just make stir fries.

Rice is a terrible main component for most meals.

Rice porridge, nigga.

Any "donburi"

Succotash
Thai curry
Japanese curry
Gumbo
Chili
Chili Verde
Ropa Vieja
Chicken Mole

Steam/microwave some vegetables on the side.

crack a raw egg over hot rice, add soy sauce, stir and enjoy. yeah yeah salmonella, but my mom made it for breakfast for me as a kid for years and I never got sick. I also survived on mostly white rice and eggs through college, never got sick.

>waste meat parts

no, its from legit ham.

Plov

It's delicious, cheap and filling

paella
stuffed paprika (can be filled with meat, rice, or both)

>What are some dishes to make with white rice? I don't mean like white rice on the side, but something healthier where white rice is the main component.
Hey there's also nothing wrong with the texture of a side of rice! When I'm in a rice mood, and I'm not making a thai or indian curry to serve alongside rice on the side, I usually combine it with beans, cuban black beans along side olive oil enriched white rice, moros y cristianos, creamy cajun red beans and rice with some grilled sausage on the side. I adore piquant and sweet cuban picadillo made with lots of capers and raisins, with simple white rice. Sometimes I bake chicken pieces and add in pearl rice with a can of tomatoes, lots of onion garlic wine, a sort of arroz con pollo that gets creamy and sticky from the bones flavoring the rice. I love a wild rice + mushroom + almond casserole.

Leftover rice? Pan fried fritters with egg and parm to bind, dredged in bread crumbs. Shred in some zucchini, onion, smoked chicken or something else from your fridge leftovers. Arancini or tomatoey or ham-filled, your call. Leftover rice can also morph into rice pudding with some of your coffee's half and half, especially good with jasmine rice. Of course brunch timed fried rice is easiest with cold leftover rice. Sometimes I curry-fy the fried rice, and then top with a chicken kitchen style mustard-curry dressing.

Hell yeah. The rice needs to be super hot so when you drop the raw egg, the rice cooks it while mixing it together. Shit is bomb.

Top with chili garlic sauce and sardines.

Sesame Chicken

You won't get salmonella as long as the egg is good qualit. Where are you from? The japs eat breakfast this way

We eat this in México

Most of those don't really have rice as the main dish though

People all over Asia like their eggs runny. I even saw locals drink "soupy eggs" for breakfast when I visited Malaysia.

Perhaps not from a Western restaurant, but they all had their origins as rice being the main part of the meal. Most of those were poverty food--the rice was the filling part of the meal, and you had a small amount of other things either added to the rice or served on the side.

>healthier
Stick to brown, white rice is nutritionally deficient.

>perhaps not from a Western restaurant

The fuck you talking about? Most of those are Western dishes.