Favorite Cooking Mangas

Manga aficionados on Veeky Forums, which cooking mangas (e.g. Shokugeki no Soma, Oishinbo, Yakitate!!, Toriko) are your favourites in terms of accuracy/enjoyability?

i didn't read the manga but chuka ichiban was a really fun anime

and clued me in to more sorts of chinese cooking than i was aware of beforehand

autism thread

Damn, that looks tasty. I like reading these kind of mangas, they always pump me up to prepare a nice dish. I was about to finish Hell's Kitchen(no jap Ramsay) and its pretty wacky, I made cheese souffles after reading the first arc

Cooking is cooking, no matter the medium.

>In France, the domaine that produces the best-quality wine is this DRC.
This tendency to treat everything as a video game with a succession of bosses, no matter how inappropriate, is why I hate theme-based anime

Dungeon Meshi is a comfy manga about hunting fantastic creatures and then cooking them.

I don't know how accurate it is to make sorbet by swinging a jar full of holy water at ghosts like a mace, but it's certainly enjoyable.

I loved Shokugeki no Soma for the first bit. Just them cooking for and doing random shit. Now its all touraments shit and boring.
Love Dungeon Meshi, story is cute and fun. with a cooking joke. Recipes work if you can find monster or just replace them with real bits

which grabbed enough of your attention to warrant posting

You have an oddly deep grasp on anime storylines, compadre.

I call retards retarded all the time, what's your point?

Kofuku graffiti is pretty good.

I'm only reading Shokugeki, Dungeon Meshi and Bartender.
Though I suppose Bartender is centered entirely around alcohol.

Addicted to Curry

It has recipes on the last page of every chapter.

Bambino. Less about food, more about the restaurant business, but it's still one of my favorites.

Most of Fumi Yoshinaga's manga are about food and they're really relaxing to read.

Heres an example

My favorite is Yumeiro Patissiere. Was a cute baking baking anime.

I like Shokugeki but it's starting to become less about cooking and more about the shipping and tournaments like nowadays like said. It's getting a bit boring

Fuck OP now I have to binge watch the entire season again

With Food wars it works, cause every arc is a Iron Chef challenge basically

That one where the single dad learns how to cook delicious meals for his daughteru, it's concentrated saccharine

been reading this recently
its all curry but at least its a decent read

Cooking Papa is alright. It's about a salaryman who's the family cook but he's embarrassed about it so secretly keeps it under wraps. Some office lady finds him out and wants to NTR his family, but he doesn't let that side ho wreck his marriage (so far).

it's cute
that's a good manga

very comfy, thank you for recommending

The English title which you'll use to find the manga is Sweetness and Lightning. The Japanese title that you'll use to find the anime is Amaama to Inazuma.

Watched the anime, made the food
Give it a 7/10 and will keep up with season 2

I like Wakakozake. It's so pleasantly comfy.

Mah nigga, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma is my jam. I found it when I downloaded the Crunchyroll app out of curiosity. I don't really like anime but this one is based.

I really want to read Kodoku no Gurume but as far as I know, it hasn't been translated.

Shokugeki no Soma is my current go-to right now but I like Wakako-Zake and Cooking Papa as well.

It's a shame it took a nose dive by introducing the shit stain you posted.

Jesus, you actually made the bacon-wrapped fake pork roast! How did it taste?

Pretty good, the potatoes didnt absorb as much juice as i wanted but it was still good.

Hakumei to Mikochi is pretty cooking centered, and it's really cute too.

Yakitate! Japan is bretty good, well drawn and hilarious.

You should read Kitchen Princess too, then
Made me cry when I was 13

I liked Ristorante Paradiso and Gente a lot. They're more about the restaurant employees than food but Rispo is really good series, and the anime had an amazing soundtrack.

Why don't you all fuck off back to /a/?

The only thing worse than /pol/ is anti-weebs

Weebs shit up everything though.

That's not really possible considering that everything from eating sushi to watching anime to having once driven a Japanese car are all considered "weeb" around these parts

Just admit to yourself that you are a shitposter and probably loved anime until you saw the internet memes that made you realize you're one of "them"

Go fuck yourself, weeb.

>posting dead memes and complaining about anime on a website that was made for anime fans and is now run by a nip
Fuck off.

No U

>the weaboo believes this

This site was never an anime website.
2Chan was not an anime website.
These are imageboards for varied topics, not anime.

/a/ was literally the first board on Veeky Forums

So fucking what?
This isn't /a/.

You having a lonely weekend user? Should have applied to be a mod if you want to make up bizarre interpretations of the rules

>Veeky Forums was never an anime website
>Veeky Forums
>'chan' honorific

Check and mate. Now quit derailing the thread, chucklefuck.

But that's wrong you fucking retard.

anti weeb status: #rekt

Nice finds. Often, the best mangas are those made by authors with experiences outside of Japan.

Shit looks tight. What is it with Japs and curry anyway? They eat so damn much of it and it's always flavored like a dessert.

A weeaboo and a complete and utter moron.
I'm impressed with your multitasking, faggot.

>complaining about anime
>in a place for anime discussion
Must be really awful being born as a nigger.

But all niggers love dragon ball.

Yeah, Ono was a student in Italy for a while and it shows in her stories.

She also mentions how shit American food is a few times

Kind of agree, got too many god damn characters. it was better when it was just soma, the underdog nervous girl megumi, and bitch queen erina.

see

Does Fighting Foodons count?