There's a knock on the door. It's your neighbour and he gives you 10 lbs of unripe apples straight from the tree...

There's a knock on the door. It's your neighbour and he gives you 10 lbs of unripe apples straight from the tree. What do you do with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tkemali
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

put them back on the tree until they are ripe

Tell him to get a permit to dispose of his own landscape waste?

Unripe/underripe apples have much more pectin than ripe ones do so I'd use them in jelly, jam and sauce/condiment making, similar to how unripe cherry-plums are used in Georgian cuisine.

I'd also experiment with pickling them.

Take out as many of his windows as I can with them. He still hasn't given my hedge trimmer back.

How would you use them in sauces? Could you make a base of some sort?

Juice/cider.
Or just eat them, I like the taste.

This

I was just gonna make green Georgian plum sauce (mtsvane tkemali/მწვანე ტყემალი) and use unripe apples in place of unripe plums.

Tkemali of all colours can be used as a base for various other sauces in Georgian cuisine.

>(mtsvane tkemali/მწვანე ტყემალი)

ltgtfy.com/?q=mtsvane+tkemali
ltgtfy.com/?q=მწვანე+ტყემალი

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tkemali

neat

next time just say Georgian plum sauce

it'd probably be sufficient

Next time, learn to read because the post says "Georgian plum sauce."

Did he explain why he gave you unripe ones

>live in America
Shoot him

He has apples trees in a field where he keeps horses, and the horses keep eating all the apples before they become ripe and damages the trees while doing so. He picked the apples so the horses would stop damaging the trees.

>He picked the apples so the horses would stop damaging the trees.
Wouldn't he still have apples if he built a fence?

My neighbour is not a smart man

Stuff em in your mummy's arse.

i will make the driest, tartest, hard cider of life

PIE

these. honestly I just don't really eat fruit, besides the vitamins/minerals they're not that much better for you than a soda

Vinegar perhaps?