What prevents ETH from forking and adding oracles for data gathering

everybody here seems to think only link solves the "oracle problem". its inevitable that blockchains will implement them provided the need by companies.

i wouldnt be suprised if it's not already on it's way

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/22/ethereum-and-oracles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

everybody here seems to think only ethereum solves the "smart contract problem". its inevitable that blockchains will implement them provided the need by companies.

i wouldnt be suprised if it's not already on it's way

Bumpp

1) Here's Vitalik himself explaining why the best oracle solution would be built on top of ETH:
blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/22/ethereum-and-oracles/

2) A decentralized network of oracles is a COMPLETELY different thing from a decentralized mining network like ETH.
ETH doing their own decentralized oracles would mean either the ETH mining nodes start doing oracle computations as well, or another completely distinct network of oracles is added (basically ripping off Chainlink). And neither is going to happen, for obvious reasons.

And even if ETH suddenly did start developing their own decentralized oracles, Chainlink has first mover's advantage and a MASSIVE head start on them; not just in raw development but also in industry exposure.
Reminder that financial and tech giants have been talking about Smartcontract.com for years.

CHainlink is a biz meme dude don't fall for it.

Also, Chainlink is designed to work with any and all blockchains / smart contract platforms; not just ETH.
This is a massive benefit, since it seems everyone is designing and building their own internal blockchain/DLT, and Chainlink works with them all.

It stands to reason that an ETH oracle solution would only work with ETH.

W-what?!? A-a-are you sa-saying I w-won’t make it?

They could but then what about neo and waves? Seems like it'd be far easier to have the chainlink network gather information and then let the user decide which smart contract platform to supply the data to based on their needs.

What prevents Dogecoin from replacing Bitcoin?
>first
>mover
>advantage

Wow he's right guys, I better sell now

Hard on Thots movement + LINK= HardLINK, solving the thot problem

if you read the codebase its pretty heavily designed to use the EVM right now, they would need to significantly re-write their code to work with other VM's.

>heavily designed to use the EVM right now
>right now
Exactly. See pic.

ark already solved oracle problem. It will be implemented with V2. ffs guys i keep trying to tell you guys but you faggots act like ostriches with the head in the sand.

LINK might not be the end-all-be-all for oracle problems.

But it is the end-all-be-all for the jew problem.

>everybody here seems to think only link solves the "oracle problem". its inevitable that blockchains will implement them provided the need by companies.
>i wouldnt be suprised if it's not already on it's way

I think the bigger risk is that Chain sells its tech to an incumbent. They have a serious headstart on a non trivial problem otherwise.

Sergey is talking and tweeting about global finance "giving up power", like SaaS made them do. He isn't selling his baby to any incumbents, he wants to change the world.

I've been trying to say this. Link is a meme shitcoin and you've all been shilled. The 'oracle problem' isn't even really a problem. Link has already been btfod by eth + coinbase and req.
This 10000 times

they can just copy the code from chainlink's GitHub

So can you. Go be a millionaire, user!

Congrats. Now you're in on the joke. Please stop telling people and enjoy the meme ride. Its fun once you realize whats going on.

>tells /pol/ that chain link destroys the jooden

Here’s your you. You tried really hard

What prevents BTC from forking and implementing smart contracts to replace ETH?

this