Alright Veeky Forums, I've got 3 and a half pounds of boneless chicken thigh. Any ideas on what to cook...

Alright Veeky Forums, I've got 3 and a half pounds of boneless chicken thigh. Any ideas on what to cook? Preferably something where the chicken is a good proportion of the dish, as 2 people will be eating it before it goes back.

goes bad* but you get the idea.

I normally just put them in quart bags enough for one meal and then freeze them. You could marinate and grill them and then have leftovers?

Easy one...

Heat oven to 350
Sprinkle with salt pepper whatever
Drizzle with olive oil
Bake about 15 - 20 minutes
Eat

Last time I had some cheap chicken I didn't want to "cook", I took them, cut most of the fat and tendon off, cut them into chunks the size of a golf ball, tossed them in the crockpot, and then added broth, salt, chili and cayenne powder. Used some corn and beans then next day and it was tender as shit meat.

>quart bags
>enough for one meal
How many people are you feeding? A quart bag should hold enough for about six servings.

How's about a smothered chicken? Like the American southern classic, smothered porkchops, but chicken instead of pork. You can use whatever sort of gravy you'd like. Mushroom. Onion. Chicken. Curry. Whatevs.

Serve with two veg sides, one green and one not, and a starchy side, like potato, rice or noodles.

I'm actually currently cooking 5 skinless breasts in home made tomatoe sauce. Usually cook it for an hour or so and then heat up pasta. Tastes fucking amazing.

Give them away to someone less fortunate and quit eating meat

could you explain it to me like im a retard? im not really into cooking but my ex girlfriend was on here a lot and the recipes were always dank. what is smothering?

do us a favor and stop eating full stop.

>not eating meat
What a shit life you live

Chicken satay

You pan sear the chicken, remove it from the pan, add a bit of flour to the leftover pan grease, mix the flour and drippings together (this is called a roux) as you cook it it into a paste, then whisk in a flavourful liquid to dissolve that flour-paste to make a gravy.
Finally, re-add the seared chicken and finish cooking it in that gravy. That's what I meant by 'smothered.'
If you fear making the roux and gravy yourself is a bit much for you, you can buy a jar or can of gravy and use that instead. Or gravy granules.

>before it goes bad

You could, you know, freeze it?

Anyway, chicken burgers. Mince up some thighs, add breadcrumbs & a beaten egg (because it's lean; there isn't enough fat to bind it), press into a patty, cover in more breadcrumbs & shallow fry on a medium heat.

Naa it's fine. Never felt better desu senpai. Unless you're buying local, humanely, and responsibly raised meat, you're a retard and should off yourself for supporting the destruction of the earth.

Do you drive a car?

"No"

I probably should have lead with this but do you even have a license? You sound like an underaged hipster. I'm all for preserving the planet but there's plenty worse than eating meat.

Eating meat is fine. Supporting the mass deforestation that the meat industry causes isnt. Also supporting the destruction of antibiotics is fucked up. And all the pollution.
Buy from a local farm.

>Supporting the mass deforestation that the meat industry causes isnt.

As opposed to the mass deforestation that the soy & pam oil industry causes?

Chalk another thread up lost to "vegan" shitposting.

I'm gonna guess your Britainstani? For USicans and Canucks, what you're describing is a chicken patty, not a chicken burger.
And thighs are not lean at all, you big silly.
While they're a good idea, I don't think OP has access to Alan Carr (a mincer, get it? bwahahaha!).

>implying any vegan or vegetarian or responsible meat eater willingly buys products with unsustainably harvested palm oil or soy anything
Keep grasping.

>For USicans and Canucks, what you're describing is a chicken patty, not a chicken burger.

Yes, that would be the bit where I say "press into a patty". The implication being that one would then proceed to assemble the patty into a burger.

>And thighs are not lean at all,

Chicken is lean. Thighs are less lean than breast but it's still far, far more lean than beef or pork. You have to add breadcrumbs & egg to chicken or it'll never bind.

For Ameristanis, a chicken burger is just chicken mince formed into a patty and cooked. No binders necessary. They are typically 85-90% lean. CF turkey burger.
A chicken patty, however, is basically a gigantic nugget. They're made of more finely minced/emulsified meat, often recovered meat, mixed with fillers/extenders/binders. In the commonwealth (outside of Canada), these are called chicken burgers instead and the USican version are unknown.

>thighs are lean
Yes and no.
If you trim it of its fat, yes, it's lean, but the same is true of a pork chop or beef brisket.
Boneless, skinless thighs have the bone and skin removed, sure, but don't tend to have the fat trimmed all the way.
On a chicken thigh, the separable lean meat is roughly 4% fat (which is why its called "separable lean"), but if you don't remove the fat, it's about 10%. If you keep the skin AND fat (IE, the 'edible portion'), it's about 18%.

Crock pot chicken tikka masala