So I'm watching this documentary on Sicilian food and they're showing these corner shops and street carts selling...

So I'm watching this documentary on Sicilian food and they're showing these corner shops and street carts selling arancini, horse meat, and traditional Sicilian pizza. Why doesn't that traditional, raw, natural shop exist in the United States? Everything here is quite processed even if they're still individual ingredients, but in other places it's so raw and natural.

FDA or whatever it is called tied in with mass production.

Whatever price doesn't kill the FDA does.

In highly developed, first world countries the only people dumb enough to make quality food with fresh ingredients are illegals or career chefs looking to earn Michelin stars at super high end restaurants.

Also the ASPCA would be all over your ass if you sold horse meat.

>Tinkerbell had a heart and a family why would you do that to an intelligent entity!?

As if cows, sheep and so on are vegetative.

Basically this

Tendies-eating manchildren will blame PETA or whatever, but the reality is the people demand garbage, and garbage is what they shall receive. If you disagree with me you hate America and have literally never even set foot here.

its hilariously dark too because horses are treated like shit almost everywhere and nobody cares. they'd have happier lives as meat, gaurenteed. thats how awful it is.

I lived on an active cattle ranch growing up. Horses are much more intelligent than cows.

>I lived on an active cattle ranch
>so horses are more intelligent than cattle
call me again when you live on an active horse ranch.

You do realize that anyone disagreeing with you is probably a tendies eating man child from america.

Seeing as that is the same majority of the population that demands the garbage.

There's probably a million reasons, and most of which can be connected to industrialization and the US developing together.

In no other society has people adopted the corporate "expand or perish" attitude than the US. And such thinking is inherently opposite to the traditional, do the same thing over several generation in the same way, thinking.

Go back to your coastal hipster vegan bar. We'd use horses to help herd the cows.

Do you put them in stalls at night?

We'd leave them in pens where they could move around and graze.

Sicily is still a very agrarian place. Even its most populous "city," Palermo, is more like a really big small town, if that makes sense, than an actual city. It only has about 600.000 people in it and no real suburbs to speak of: once you leave the city limits, you're pretty much in the sticks. Ciaculli, the most populated of its suburbs (9.000 people) is rural as all fuck, with dirt roads as well as fucking goats, ewes and donkeys wondering about and chickens everyfuckingwhere.

This doesn't exist in the coastal US, but happens inland in, say, Nebraska or Iowa and places like that.
That's why they have fresher shit: they're still living the agrarian lifestyle.

what, like one of these?

No, we'd keep them in the same holding pens where we'd hold the cows while working them. They were large, old wooden things built by my great grandpa when he bought the property ages ago.

Horses are more intelligent, yes. But cows and sheep have much more intelligence than most people give them credit for.

Lock a human in a cage from birth with minimal interaction and schooling and they'd be as dumb as a cow.

last question, do you use bits, spurs, or horseshoes,.

We'd use bits. We didn't use spurs or horseshoes, but the woman who'd rent space from us for her horses might have used both. It was a long time ago and the only interaction I'd have with her and her horses was when we'd all get together to work cattle.

>we use bits
then you're a fucking tool, but not as big of one as most horse owners. Learn a fucking halter. you don't need a bit. Ever.

And if you put a cow in a good home and a classroom they'd be as smart as any regular human too.