How much would it cost to only eat the freshest, high quality food? 25k a year?

how much would it cost to only eat the freshest, high quality food? 25k a year?

Oh I would say much less if you're smart about your shopping choices.

You mean in restaurants?

I like this question. Shame they weren't more specific.

That would be $68.50 / day. You could have very nice meals out several times a week for that. I think $15000 ($41/day) could still get you most fancy/organic/exotic foods pretty much whenever you want.

But then again, some truffles could pretty much eat up $25000 in no time, along with Kobe beef, fancy jamon, tons of wine, Swedish moose cheese, and other "designer" levels foods.

Is that what they meant by "high quality"? That crap you mention sounds more like "luxury".

Yeah, you're probably right. If it was just fresh staples with good quality meats, it would be more reasonable.

>freshest
Living in the boons, access to freshly picked produce, highest quality meat, game, dairy and eggs, is cheap af. I'm doing it for a couple of k a year and that includes all expenses, including, rent, taxes, gas and eletric.

*and fish. fresh fish daily from my own nets free of charge.

>dark solid colord clothes
>a few baskets
>lockpicks
>being prepared to get your assblasted with a lot of rock salt if you're lucky

all you gotta do is be like merry and pippin, or that one bunny who keeps getting into farmer mcgregors farm.

or you could just grow your own shit at the cost of a slightly increased electric and water bill.

>not using a bumpkey
pleb

It really depends on how much meat, dairy, and eggs you insist on eating, and also whether there is an alcohol budget (I consider my alcohol budget to be part of my food budget)

Alcohol budget could easily double or triple the budget if you want high quality products from non-interventioninst winemakers

Adding meat that isn't 3rd rate factory farm shitmeat could double or triple the budget

Most people on Veeky Forums think USDA organic is fancy meat and understandably think that all meat is the same (USDA organic is indistinguishable from any other CAFO shitmeat)

Also, meat that isn't injected with powdered lead ammo is probably a good idea in the long run for human health, which rules out hunting.

That leaves us with boutique independent small farms that raise heritage breed animals and utilize modern sustainability and animal welfare best practices. Enjoy your $29/lb chuck steak

What's a bumpkey? i googled it and it seems kinda straightforward, but nigs on Veeky Forums usually explain shit like this better.

generic key to rake the pins in the tumbler

This
Basically a shark tooth key you can use to trigger the pins (bumping them in place). It takes a fraction of the time. Using lock pins is very fedora but it takes ages and if you want to break in somewhere you rarely have the time (and most people don't have the skill) to do so.

>Also, meat that isn't injected with powdered lead ammo is probably a good idea in the long run for human health, which rules out hunting.

theres steel shot specifically for this reason

people have lived their entire lives off of game meat hunted with rifles that used lead balls back in the day and been fine. Lead doesn't work that way, and it isn't "powdered" when it entires the animal. you can literally spit out lead BBs when you're eat duck the entire time, and even swallow one or two (albeit this is something you really shouldn't do often kek) and be fine. don't be a californian reactionary.

Cheap as fuck of you own a farm

I buy farmer's market stuff and grow some stuff in the backyard. Roughly about 20k a year. This is including some concessions like milk, bread, oil, butter, etc. from Costco.

There's no need for excess

Anyone that buys decent locks are immune to bumpkey bullshit.

People for thousands of years believed that prayers brought better rain fall and that exercise during pregnancy was harmful to the fetus

Lead toxicity is a real thing, just because you can't see it with your eyes doesn't mean it's a hippie fantasy. It's what brought down the Roman empire

i already do this and have for 16 years. didn't have much choice to be fair due to potentially fatal disease which is treated almost exclusively through diet (google: gaps diet, could save your fkn life) so i eat nothing but healthy, fresh food. today, a fairly typical day, consists of smoothie for breakfast (peach, banana, ginger, lemon, avocado, blueberry, coconut milk, water, blend, nom) lunch will be duck eggs and mushrooms with more smoothie, dinner is ribeye steak with salad and dressing (salt, vinegar, pepper, olive oil, egg yolk) and more smoothie. i get through 2 litres of smoothie a day alone. almost every item comes from farmers markets and my garden. never get ill and haven't been overweight once since i started.

Also whether it's called "powder" or just "micro-shards" or pick a term that doesn't trigger you. A high velocity centerfire rifle bullet isn't staying 100% intact when it enters an animal. You can take out the visible chunks but that doesn't make it magically not a problem.

>tfw poorfag
I can eat well on less than 10$/day

That's a very simplisic view. In reality, it depends entirely on the bullet. There are countless different bullet designs out there, but they tend to fall into three basic categories:

1) "solids". These are made from hard metal, usually bronze. They are designed not to deform AT ALL. They are used for hunting large and dangerous game where you need penetration capability to ensure a kill.

2) Most bullets are of a controlled expansion type. They are designed to "mushroom" to some extent, but not to totally come apart. Most hunting bullets fall into this category.

3) Easily expanding bullets. Hollow points, etc, fall into this category. These do break apart into pieces, but have very limited penetration so they are generally used for small light-skinned game, or "varmint" hunting.

So unless you're talking about #3, there should not be any "powder", "micro shards" or anything like that.

Nothing if you go work on a farm

Unless it's an fmj bullet and the jacket stays 100% intact with zero lead exposed, lead contamination is an issue. More so with mushrooming bullets and increasingly so with hollow point, but the bullet doesn't have to be designed to fragment in order for harmful amounts of lead to come off.

Remember that unsafe lead amounts are measured in ppm not grams

Many hunting bullets are either FMJ or they contain no lead at all. I use Barnes X; they are made entirely from bronze.

>Remember that unsafe lead amounts are measured in ppm not grams

And you need to remember that is for long-term exposure, not eating wild game every once in a while.

>long term exposure
Obviously, but the context was hunting as a regular source of dietary meat, not a once in a lifetime event

Can we do it and not live like a farmer or a hick?

There's no such thing as decent locks. Only the government and military have access to decent locks and even those locks are easy to lockpick.

>>only the gov and military

Lol. Visit an actual locksmith instead of the local hardware store and you can easily buy good locks.

Only $20 a day for good food. But that's still too much for some of us. I spend about $8/day.

>I consider my alcohol budget to be part of my food budget
I think we all do, friend.

lol I have a keypad door, it doesn't accept keys or magnetic swipe cards and thus cannot be picked.

>Can we do it and not live like a farmer or a hick
I sell antiques for a living, and attend the opera three times a month. Would you call me a hick?

What is inuit people diet? Their income really consists of paper? Go die, or get contract with zoo as example of humanoid!

When he was Mr. Universe, Jay Cutler said he spent over $100k a year on food. It was mostly boring shit but lots of meats.

buy green vegetables. as for meat, learn how to shop and/or hunt and fish.