When you think about it, Cincinnati Chili is a pretty great idea. Most people eat chili with beans...

When you think about it, Cincinnati Chili is a pretty great idea. Most people eat chili with beans, beans aren't a complete protein without a brain, and only a minority regularly eat chili with bread. So just plop it on top of pasta! It makes the chili last longer AND improves its nutritional value. It's a flawless idea.

Replace the shitty cheese with cheddar

I love Steak And Shakes chilli mac, they put some sauce on it that makes it better than any other chilli/pasta mix.

>beans aren't a complete protein without a brain

Doesn't Cincinnati Chili also contain chocolate and cinnamon?

Seems annoying. I'd rather just serve it with rice.

Chilli mac is also acceptable.

>beans aren't a complete protein
but meat is

>Replace the shitty cheese with cheddar
>dish is already topped with cheddar cheese

Veeky Forums

What are you proposing, that we give beans brains?

what did he mean by this?

Had this recently by accident and it was deelish.

Defrosted some of what I thought was bolognese but turned out to be Chilli!

I'd only gone and already cooked my pasta!

What a cad!

"You know what would make this chili better?"
"Naw man, what?"
"Chocolate, cinnamon and cloves!"

Can someone shop the JUST hair over OP's image?

He probably meant grain. Protein-combining is a myth that you need to eat combinations of vegetarian foods together at one meal to get a complete protein. It's totally irrelevant when talking about a dish with meat and cheese, and has been debunked years ago anyway as there's no need to get an exact, particular ratio of every amino acid at every single meal.

This

But with yellow rice you fucking gringos

Yeah, it's a Greek recipe pretty similar to the meat sauce you put on Pastitsio or Mousaka.

Immigrants started selling it on pasta then other restaurants started copying it and now Cincinnati is full of places selling it. Also good on Coneys.

I just can't stand the really high cinnamon content. It's so weird to me

I am italian and what is this

i am cincinnati what be dis

used sparringly it actually gives a nice background flavour

it's commonly used on brown sauces and game meat here

>yellow rice

White rice with turmeric?

So is this basically greek bolognese sauce with some texan influence thrown in? I see alot of the same spices you'd use in the meat sauce component of a moussaka coming up in one recipe after another plus a bunch of the same seasonings that texan chili recipes tend to use.

I think cooks lazing out and using cassia instead of ceylon might be your problem. That shit is good for baking and nothing else.

That's spaghetti with minced meat sauce

I had the basics to try this dish. Penne pasta instead of spaghetti, a can of chili, shredded cheddar, and an onion.

It wasn't bad. Kind of white trash, and very filling. 2/10. Probably won't try this again...

Personally, I hate Cincinnati chili. Too much cinnamon, not enough chiles.
And, I'd never eat chili on spaghetti. It's just not my thing.

However, years ago, one of my good friends was from Maine, and their family always put cheddar cheese on top of spaghetti (with Bolognese or tomato sauce). It wasn't bad. Weird, but tasted pretty good.

This. It was invented by a Greek guy working in a chili joint back when they were a thing. He pretty much just made Greek pasta and sauce, but called it chili because that was selling at the time.

My guess is that the shitty cheese piled on top became a thing during wartime, when the only legal cheese to make and sell was American cheese. Because I can't imagine a Greek eating that shit by choice.

I always get cheese coneys and chili cheese fries from Skyline.
Never understood what was so great about the 3-ways though.

This hurts my brain. If you aren't using Cincinnati-style chili and actual spaghetti noodles, you aren't eating the real deal.

That's not Cincy chili at all. Go to Kroger and get a seasoning packet and make the sauce yourself. And you need spaghetti noodles. Pasta comes in a variety of shapes and textures for a reason.

>Greek
Oh dear god, this explains so much.

>live in southwestern Canada
>Greek-Italian hybrid restaurants are incredibly common
>we probably have more of these restaurants than any other cuisine
>their sauces contain cinnamon
>all of them

>use vaguely similar ingredients
>wonder why it turned out differently
Cooking is very closely related to chemistry.

CO2 and CO are very different things, despite having the same ingredients. O2 and O3 are very different, too. And that is some incredibly simple shit.

Cooking is more complicated than that, at least on a chemical level.

what did he mean by this?

This is an incredible stretch, but it's worth a shot.

The average non-vegetarian's preferred source of protein is meat.

Meat comes from animals.

Animals have brains.

There are lots of people who insist that meat is the best source of protein. Therefore, anything "without a brain" cannot be considered a "complete" protein to these people.

I would be shocked if my speculation turned out to becorrect.

I live in Ohio and you're human garbage if you think this abomination tastes god.

What's your ancestry?

ugandan

Cincinnati chili is dope af too bad it's so regional

I live in Ohio and it's not that important. Soke people like it, some people do not.

I like it. I love a good 5 way with the hot sauce on top. It is a simple dish for a simple occasion.

You get off work. It's July. You get a few coneys.

You get of work. It's December. You get a 5 way.

Unpretentious fast food at its finest. Take it or leave it, no one gives a shit. It's just food at the end of the day.

So your opinion doesn't matter.

>I live in Ohio

Well there's your problem. There are many diners in the city of Cincinnati that are better than your chain shit. Living in the same State isn't the same. It's not called Ohio State chilli.

Went to school in Cincy for 4 years mister. I have family in Cincy that I visit often. Gold star isnt that great either.

I'm in Chicago at the moment and Skyline is everywhere. I'm not shouting to everyone on the street that Cincinnati Chili Is So Goooood.

It's like Wendys, another Ohio Chain you see all over the country. I'm not pushing it on people, but obviously because the chain is nationwide it says something about the product.

Americans need cheap food. Cheap, hot meals. Fast food fills this need, and Skyline is part of the faat food pantheon. Don't fight it, just accept it as a bizzare American phenomenon.

Seems odd the region can't get it right. Cheesesteaks taste best at a few places in Philly likes Joes and Jim's but everyone in Deleware, NJ, even all the way up to NYC can make a decent one that is better than anywhere else in the world you can get one.

Ohio spaghetti? it's alright. i love slum food but making excuses to eat garbage food is lame. learn how to blanch tomatoes and use herbs. simmer LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Blue Ash diner makes some bomb ass Cincy chilli, especially if you like it a little spicy. I don't even live there anymore tho.

Gold star is OK, better than skyline imho. Like you said, for cheap fast food pasta. Better than fazalies anyway.

I went to UC and the old Skyline at the bottom of the hill on Ludlow was fun to go to with friends drunk at midnight after studio. While Camp Washington Chili is better quality, it's just not as fun.

>This is an incredible starch, but it's worth a shot
Missed fucking opportunity, user.

>It's a flawless idea.

Except for the part where Cincinnati "Chili" is fucking disgusting.

You want to put some real chili on some noodles, I'd eat that. But I swear to god you try to make me eat any of that rancid Skyline bile and I'll use a cast-iron skillet to pound your sorry ass into the ground like a tent peg.

The problem is calling it "chili" when you're familiar with chili being an entirely different dish. Call it Greek spaghetti sauce and it's much less offensive (until you start topping it with yellow cheese and other chili kind of toppings).

>Cincinnati "Chili" is fucking disgusting.
I have to agree. I simply don't like cinnamon in my chili.

I kind of see chili as like the western version of "curry." All these regions and cultures will argue about how their version is better, but when you look at the big picture in modern cuisine, it's all at least similar enough to fall under a blanket term like chili.

There's cinnamon in it?

What the fuck is wrong with yankees.

I see chili as a Southwest/Mexican border take on porkolt (or goulash). Look up the recipes. The only real difference between the two dishes is the use of hot paprika instead of sweet and cumin instead of caraway seed.

But if you're talking chili with beans I can see how rajma 9an Indian kidney bean curry) with it's cinnamon heavy taste might remind you of the Greek flavors of Skyline chili.

But I'm pretty sure chili as it's known in the Southwest had some influence from German/Austrian cowboys, whereas Skyline chili is a Greek American creation.

>used sparringly
But have you had Skyline Chili? It'll make your fuckin tongue numb...

Don't blame the Union, blame the Balkans. Some Makedonian immigrant decided to market a meat sauce for pasta as chili.

Beef is a complete protein...