Why do people on this board hate Alfredo? It's a massive improvement over Spagbol...

Why do people on this board hate Alfredo? It's a massive improvement over Spagbol, Spaghetti noodles are the most unpleasant, and tomato sauce is not good.

Other urls found in this thread:

gimmesomeoven.com/gluten-free-alfredo-sauce-recipe/
seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/lighter-fettuccine-alfredo-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fettuccine isnt much better

anything other than penne belongs in the fucking trash when it comes to alfredo

and people probably hate on it because it makes them think of olive garden or some other trash chain restaurant where its nothing but grease with terrible sauce consistency

I'd be willing to be even the Olive Garden Alfredo is better than the finest Sunday Gravy cooked by the oldest Italian lady that could ever be made

Spaghetti Bolognese is objectively the greatest pasta dish of our lives.

Nobody hates on it. We just argue about how the sauce ought to be made. It's just like the beans vs. no beans in chili, or cream vs. no cream in carbonara

>and people probably hate on it because it makes them think of olive garden

That's why I hate on penne. You only ever see it at shit-tier chain restaurants like O.G., Chilis, Applebees, etc.

There's no hatred toward Alfredo sauce from me, but putting chicken with it is as fucking stupid as putting chicken on a pizza or in a Caesar salad.

it's because that's what hamplanets eat and they are sickening

Why? Yeah, it's not traditional to the original recipe, but but who cares about that? It tastes good, and it's a nice way to add some lean protein to your meal.

Why the fuck would you be concerned about "lean protein" when you're eating dishes based around fucking cheese? Makes no sense.

Because someone might not want to add yet MORE fat to their meal, but do want protein?

And in the case of the Caesar salad you brought up, there's not much cheese in there at all.

Someone concerned with fat intake shouldn't eat cheese at all. And adding blandass chicken breast to cheese dishes does nothing to improve them. It's just idiots thinking "lean protein = good, so hurr durr I eat fucking chicken breast for every fucking meal. Put it on muh pizza, too!"

>Someone concerned with fat intake shouldn't eat cheese at all

I agree.

But what if their concern wasn't eliminating fat or weight loss, but maintaining a certain fat:carbs:protein ratio for bodybuilding?

>> And adding blandass chicken breast to cheese dishes does nothing to improve them
Yeah, I agree. But what if it's not bland shitty chicken. What if it's actually good flavorful chicken? And again, since you brought up Caesar salads, this isn't limited to cheese-based dishes.

>>It's just idiots thinking "lean protein = good, so hurr durr

Sure, there's a lot of that kind of idiocy. But it's not exclusive to that.

>as putting chicken on a pizza or in a Caesar salad
Not stupid at all and actually a good idea then.
Good to know.

Caesar salad has cheese, fish and egg in it already. Why the fuck throw chicken in there. If protein is your concern why are you eating a salad where the flavor comes from such fatty ingredients? Just eat a fucking chicken dish.

this

Where's the protein?
I loved when olive garden had the choise your pasta and sauce
Penne noodle seemed kind of worthless for holding alfredo on it, to me.

>cream vs. no cream in carbonara
There is no argument. Cream is not carbonara

>tomato sauce is not good.
Then you haven't tasted mine

>Where's the protein?
That's where this comes from: not a desire to improve these dishes, but to make them suitable for the kind of diner who gets suspicious of dishes lacking visible chunks of protein.

We apparently live different lives (who woulda thunk it?).

My favorites are Spaghetti alla puttanesca and gnocchi alla vodka.

YUP. if you think alfredo is better than bolognese, then you had some crap bolognese.

Why hate on penne, I think it's the best pasta for holding sauce. It's not appropriate in all applications but it's a legitimate pasta to use.

Shrimp sauce is top tier, dont even want anything else on my pasta

Lemme level you up.*

Ricotta-spinach ravioli. Alfredo.

*level up = fatten up

Because Alfredo is some kind of american only shit that the rest of the world has never heard of.
Same as General Tso's chicken or what it's called.

what the fuck is with this hateboner for chicken? people eat it because they like it you suppurating wen.

>creamy white cheese sauces are an american invention

I love it, especially with crabs

I love it, especially with shrimps

wtf?
Do crabs really eat other shellfish?

It's not Carbonara, so no.

sorry but looks like store-bought sauce desu sorry senpai

wtf are you talking about? I fucking love chicken! But there are so many great chicken dishes out there I don't why people add it to dishes where it accomplishes nothing beyond adding protein to a dish that's fine without it. That chicken would be much better as the center of attention in an actual chicken dish, instead of being downgraded to commodity protein chunks for no good reason.

>what the fuck is with this hateboner for tendies dipped in ranch? people eat it because they like it

What's wrong with calling a pleb a spade?

You mix in protein or carbs or fat to a dish to get the correct ratio. I go by 20/30/50 (f/c/p) and it works for me. If a dish does not have the 50% protein to get the proper ratio that my body likes, I add it to it. Which is actually usually chicken or tuna or drinking an iso type protein shake with the meal. So if I have a serving of pasta and a side salad, say it's 1000 calories at lunch time. 500 calories from protein which is 4 calories per gram so it needs 125 grams protein to meet my 50% ratio. 75 grams of carbs at 4 calories per gram for the 30%. Then at 9 calories per gram for 20% is right around 22-23 grams fat. Chicken Alfredo is good for this along with a side Caesar salad with some chicken in it plus you get plenty of nutrients and vitamins from it. You aren't suppose to have a 12 inch platter full of pasta 4 inches deep at any time which it seems most people think is what we mean by that.

why are you eating that much you stupid american piece of fucking shit
do you think its normal to have 125g of broteins a day?
fucking hell I probably have less than 35g and I do lots of physical activity
what the fuck is wrong with you

b-but I actually made it

lol no dumbass manlet

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

>if he doesn't overeat he's a manlet
lmao

That's not an American thing, it's a Veeky Forums thing. Their bible literally tells them protein is holy and must be consumed as often as possible or you'll never make it, and they know nothing about nutrition so the end up doing stupid shit like that user, and then come like and look like idiots.

please tell me they're just trying to meme newfags or something
they aren't actually eating like that, are they?

yep because muscle is made from carbs and fat and having an excess of carbs aids in muscle building and carbs are a plentiful source of amino acids.

Let's just say there's a good reason the mods dropped the "Health" in "Health and Fitness".

oh gosh 3000 calories a day for someone who burns 2000 in 1.5 hours. The thought is awful!!! holy shit tweaker

my eyes are pulled open as far as they can be reading this post
this level of ignorance isn't even heard of on dumbass boards like /tv/
wow just wow
alright user keep having 125g of protein a day

wouldn't mind posting a pic then

i already know you won't though, are you going to try and think of an excuse or just not reply :^)

No that's just lunch. Can you not read

post a pic of what?
a food guide?

He'll wonder why he has gout by age 35 when he was so busy making sure his meals all had healthy ratios...

Just because certain meats cause high amounts of uric acid doesn't mean people with a higher protein intake will get it. But thanks for your concern.

Also 36 now, no gout. YES I SURPASSED Veeky Forums STANDARDS WOOOO HOO

There is cause for concern here, because you seem totally insane.

so I just checked the reference intake of protein per day for a man.
0.8g per kg bodyweight sedentary, up to 1g if doing strenuous exercise (bodybuilding, etc)
so in other words
(125g/0.8g)*2.2kg/lb = 346lbs
Unless you weigh 343lbs you should not be eating 125g of protein per day. And this is just lunch....
If you eat like this for 3 meals that's 375g protein/day
(375g/0.8g)*2.2kg/lb = 1031lbs
If you weigh that much you don't need me to tell you that you have a problem.

>puttanesca

Assuming the meat is 100% protein and you are capable of breaking down and absorbing 100% of it.

It was an example based off 1000 calories baby. Not from real life but 1000 calories is easy to explain compared to something like 639 calories. But good job and congratulations you win the math award for the hour.

no he said 125g of protein
not 125g of meat

what you said is that if you were to have 1000 calories for lunch, and have it be "the correct ratio", it would need 125g protein. I am showing you that having 125g of protein for lunch, or even during the day, or even over 2 days, is crazy.
if you're operating on a 2000 calorie daily intake and you use your stupid ratio for each of them, you'd need to weigh almost 800lbs to be getting your reference intake...

>be me tourist
>go to a state fair
>they actually have chocolate covered bacon
>Horrified and give confused look while bunch of white people actually walking around eating that shit
>yfw it was not a meme

Even less crazy Americans consume much more protein than they need. Last stat I saw was 3-5x more every day. It's ridiculous.

It's about 500 per meal for calories and then 2 protein shakes so the 125 g would be over my breakfast lunch dinner amount total. I just used 1000 calories for an even number so more people could understand it. Maybe I should have used 100 so people don't blow the fuck up. I do eat as close to 2800 calories a day as I can but mainly between 2600-3000 though but calories dont exactly mean you're fat if you burn them on your job and life. I just keep the 20/30/50 ratio as close as I can.

>tomato sauce is not good
>my baby mouth can't handle the acidity of delicious food
>food that is so delicious it has spread throughout the entire world

This is literally what you sound like.

If you're not eating at least 150grams of protein a day, you're not gonna make it.

only 150 gramms?
you're not gonna make it my man
you need to have 3 kilograms+ per day

what the fuck is it supposed to 'accomplish'?

>That chicken would be much better as the center of attention

what does this fucking mean? it's in bits and mixed up with other stuff, so it might as well not be there at all? why don't we say that about onions, garlic, cheese, tomatoes? what pedestal are you putting chicken on?

>What's wrong with calling a pleb a spade?

nothing wrong with calling it pleb, but don't use some stupid arbitrary logic to justify it. chicken has a flavour and that flavour does happen to go with cream sauces as is seen in so many classic dishes. where does the pleb part actually come in?

My point is adding chicken to dishes where it really doesn't improve the dish just because muh protein is both stupid and incredibly common. Chicken on a pizza is degrading to both the chicken and the pizza. Chicken on a Caesar salad or in Alfredo pasta is a bad punchline to a joke about American restaurants. To say nothing of chicken sausages and meatballs.

Roast, fried and grilled chicken are delicious. So are chicken soups and stews. But shoehorning it into dishes where it doesn't belong reeks of a special kind of stupidity: the person who can't face a meal without visible chunks of protein and thinks chicken added to a fatty dish makes it healthy because chicken is a lean protein.

The fact so many of these folks are walking around disturbs me.

>My point is adding chicken to dishes where it really doesn't improve the dish

what if you want some FUCKING CHICKEN IN IT

>hicken on a pizza is degrading to both the chicken and the pizza

fucking WHY

this is so obviously just you recognising that trashy american places like adding chicken to stuff and trying to extrapolate a philosophical point from it but it is just. completely. arbitrary. obviously chicken can work on a pizza, a pizza is fundamentally just a topped bread. why the fuck can't work on caesar salad? a sharp, creamy dressing, lettuce and toasted/fried bread go very well with it.

you're just pulling spools of shitty bollocks out of your arse because you want to look down on something.

yes, chicken is ubiquitous and often used as a protein with little regard for making it taste nice. but i buy none of your reasoning for why you couldn't include it with these dishes and make it taste nice. it's actually fucking brilliant in caesar salad.

Just ignore him. He does this every once in a while.

Penne is the worst. Can't hold onto sauce for shit, makes it taste bland as fuck.

I personally like linguine with my alfredo. I can't eat anything with tomatoes, so.

>what if you want some FUCKING CHICKEN IN IT
Why?
>yes, chicken is ubiquitous and often used as a protein with little regard for making it taste nice
That's exactly what I'm on about. And the most common examples of this you'll find are on pizza, pasta and salad. This is new. 30 years ago chicken was a novelty on most restaurant menus. Today it's the default protein. That's a big shift. It says something about American eating, and not something good in my opinion, because most of the chicken being sold is not all that delicious.

Yes, I look down on it, because it's a bad trend. I see it as a triumph of ignorance and bad taste. It's not brilliant in Caesar salad. Caesar salad is brilliant in and of itself. Adding chicken to it does not make it any more brilliant. It just turns a somewhat luxurious appetizer into a main dish for those phobic about carbs. Brilliant way to cash in on food phobias, but not a brilliant dish.

this post is so riddled with weasel words and prevarication i can't be bothered with this shit any more. putting chicken in things is bad because some people do it badly and they didn't 30 years ago. gotcha.

CRAB PEOPLE

The trend I'm bemoaning is that we're eating more chicken than ever, but instead of eating it in the form of great chicken dishes we're just randomly putting it into dishes. And people aren't just OK with it, they seem to think it's wonderful.

I think it's awful.

Then don't order chicken?

but it's not random. you're calling it random because you're attached to the idea that it's done unthinkingly by unthinking classless people. all i see is

'I AM A CUNT I AM A CUNT I AM A CUNT'

people might *try* chicken in all kinds of inappropriate contexts but they'll stop eating it if they don't actually like it. and as far as flavour/texture pairings go, i find all your examples quite appropriate really. caesar salad is great on its own, but it is also great with chicken. i've never had alfredo because i'm from the uk, but i can see it working just fine.

chicken does have a problem in much of the developed world - we don't need to stretch it out or cook it for a long time anymore so we tend not to maximise flavour in many of the dishes designed around rich old birds like cacciatore or whatever - and it is the bulk protein of choice for many people. but the dish is not the maker. putting chicken in caesar salad does not reflect a poor culinary attitude any more than making cake with a mayonnaise does - it can be done well or badly, and there is no definitive reason it has to be either.

>.putting chicken in caesar salad does not reflect a poor culinary attitude
It's a poor trend. We saw the same thing before with ground beef in the 1960's and 70's. It was the cheap "it" ingredient for a while, and all kinds of hideous dishes featuring it popped out of home kitchens as fast food burger sales across the country soared. And ground beef became something of a disreputable ingredient until about 15 years ago when chefs started taking burgers seriously.

Chicken breast is going through something similar right now in America - a downward spiral that started in the 80's and has yet to find redemption. I'm not arguing you COULDN'T make an amazing chicken Caesar salad. Of course you could. But the chicken Caesar holds the cultural place American goulash or the White Castle burger held with regard to ground beef last century.

test
desu
bruh
bro
senpai
faggot
lol
kek
lel
lul
nigger
anonymous
butthurt

I'm making it for the first time, gluten free.

How would you recommend making the sauce?

I was going to try this recipe:
gimmesomeoven.com/gluten-free-alfredo-sauce-recipe/

sorry senpai but thats basil pesto

>penne
you spelled farfalle wrong.

Equal parts butter and heavy cream. Cook out most of the moisture. Add parmagiano-reggiano, a pinch of nutmeg, and a lot of freshly ground black pepper.

That recipe you posted is awful. There should be no starch or flour or any bullshit like that added to the sauce. The sauce is thickened due to the cheese content, not from thickeners like that.

Besides the pasta (which is easily substituted), alfredo sauce doesn't really have gluten in it.

It's pretty much just carbonara with (more) cream.

>parmagiano-reggiano

If you're going to go all fedora, at least spell it properly.

I like it with red chiles in it diced up and a little bacon. Alfredo I mean. I don't know what all this gluten shit is honestly. I must not be allergic to it because I eat whatever.

desu baka senpai cuck

I hope cuck gets filtered soon. I'm pretty tired of it.

don't worry. Fortune will cater just to you and you alone. You are all that matters. :P

Alfredo pasta + spicy italian sausage = GOD FOOD

it was filtered and then /pol/ exploded

Can you provide a recipe to go by with necessary ingredients? It's kind of crucial that I find one

seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/lighter-fettuccine-alfredo-recipe.html

Thanks! But there is still cornstarch in it