Taco bell double decker supreme

>taco bell double decker supreme

How do I order this at a regular Mexican place? Did taco bell make up this 10/10 dish?

Can't imagine how good it would be at an actual restaurant with fresh ingredients and chefs who give a shit

It is only a hard taco put in a wheat tortilla with refried beans.

>hard tacos

you won't find them in any mexican joint, kiddo

most mexicans would think your joking and tell you to fuck off

instead of ordering your meme dish from an overpriced fast food shitehole, how about order something actually mexican from the menu?

Trust me its much better

>How do I order this at a regular Mexican place?

You don't. If it's not on the menu, you don't ask for it. That's basic common sense.

If you do feel like making a fool out of yourself, just describe it. Tell them you want them to get a flour torilla, cover it in refried beans, and then wrap that around a hard taco.

A better option would be to simply order some extra tortillas and refried beans and then do that part yourself. That way you aren't making any silly requests for something that their POS system doesn't have an entry for.

>Trust me its much better
No it isn't. Mexican is the most overrated cuisine right now.

Not sure where you've been eating buddy
go to where actual beaners eat and you'll have a good time

Actually you'll find hard tacos in many Mexican restaurants run by Mexicans in the US at least.

I feel you OP I tried to get pic related at a Mexican restaurant and they didn't even know what it was, basically I told them to fuck off lol

Why would you think that a Mexican restaurant would serve that? Are you stupid?

But beaners eat at taco bell.

The taco bell item like that which I enjoyed more used two soft tortillas and put nacho cheese sauce in between. I believe it was discontinued many years ago. Might be able to special order it still.

In Virginia, all mexican restaurants mean "hard taco" when they have tacos on the order by number section of the menu.

Just make it yourself, OP. Even if you can't fry your own corn tortillas, it should be better quality than tacobell. It'll be way more expensive, though.

true, you got me there

alright go to the shitty part of your town and find any "mercado latino" and I guarantee there will be a taqueria around with tacos for the cheaps

mercado latinos are also great places to pick up spices and salsas (fresh too) for cheap

I was surprised to see that once. A huge family of Mexicans at the mall were all eating Taco Bell. I guess it is since it is the closest we have for a decent price to their home cuisine.

Sounds like you're referring to Tex-Mex style, not actual Mexican.

I live in southern California and have been to every hole in the wall taqueria, mariscos, and juice bar from LA to San Diego. Not once have I thought that the food was amazing and that I couldn't do better at home.

The price per a taco will be lower but the total investment in ingredients will be higher.

The five layer burrito is pretty much that, minus the extra tortilla. That is, if they make it correctly. Some shitty tacobells will skip ingredients.

Tex-mex is the only style in most of America even if it is owned and run by Mexicans unless you are deep in the southwest.

>closest we have for a decent price to their home cuisine
NO

they ate at taco bell because its fast food and its tasty
not because they were home sick

a late night restaurant in my city similar to Moe's but way better makes hard shell tacos with soft tacos on the outside and queso between to hold them together. Pretty god damn good t b h

Yes, that was my point.

I understand the distinction you're making, but it just doesn't exist here. I love tex-mex food and travel around the state a lot for work, so I try new mexican places often. None of them are beef tounge with red onions on a 10cm white corn tortilla places, and I'm ok with that. Food like they eat in mexico sounds good, but the mexicans here make what sells well.

Most people aren't adventurous with their eating. It isn't about homesickness. They want something familiar. Their palate has a certain range they find acceptable and anything beyond that is risky or disgusting. Americans are usually the ones ridiculed for this but most peoples are like this. That's why there are chip shops in the Mediterranean for the Brits.

Just like Chinese Americans. It is also why their menus are so identical.