Bought a cut of fresh, skinless salmon from my grocery store. If I cure it (soak it in bowl of salt water)...

Bought a cut of fresh, skinless salmon from my grocery store. If I cure it (soak it in bowl of salt water), is it good to use as raw sushi? Will i die?

Yes

No. You'll certainly ruin it though.

Why? Should I cook it instead?

No, you'll ruin it if you cook it too.

/ck has no confidence in you user, based on the last 10,000,000 attempts that other anons participated in.

you can make sushi with either fish that has been frozen for a certain amount of time at a certain temperature to kill most health risks or with fish that has been raised in a special controlled environment to ensure there are no health risks present. no you should not make sushi with your fish, yes you should cook it well. shrimp sushi is made with cooked, cooled shrimp, why not try the same with your salmon, you could even add additional flavours, like pepper or dill, be creative and report back. good luck Veeky Forumsock

Absolutely do not cook it. Some schools suggest 'curing' the fish (salt, ~10 min, wash, mirin/sake

>drop the weeb shit
Best advice, no-one likes bland food.

*proper flavor should come from the rice

I'm assuming you just watched chef John's video on cured salmon, op? If not, go do that.

>I'm assuming you just watched chef John's video on cured salmon, op?

Yes, i did that just before starting this thread, lol.

fuck right off with that fucking chink shit. cook your fucking fish like a normal person

Calm down.

Gravlax
>salmon (freeze, slice to quick cure)
>sea salt
>dill
>cognac

Butter:
>softened butter
>Dijon
>horseradish
Cream in bowl

I'm panicking right now, I regularly buy Salmon from the supermarket cold-cuts section (not the deli or fresh seafood section) where it's usually overpriced and in a package.

I've eaten this salmon raw out of the container 4-5 times before, is this somehow dangerous? It's just normal fresh salmon in a package from the grocery store, they serve it like that on top of sushi don't they?

*not a hard freeze ~10 - 15 min if thawed.

Have you gotten sick? No? Then, no. This shit is like people freaking out about chicken. Guess what fuckwits, flash freezing kills all the things. Catch a fish and sit on the riverbank and gnaw on it raw? Yeah, you gonna sick. Fucking idiots.

Cover it in Thyme and Dijon mustard. Wrap in foil and bake in the oven.

Cold doesn't kill pathogens, it only slows their metabolism, growth, and reproductive cycle. It keeps it fresh, but freezing something doesn't make something safe like heating it does.

>normal fresh salmon
If it was never frozen then you will probably find worms in it. Ask me how I know.

>pathogens
It kills off parasites though, which is a win

And nothing kills prions! Good thing you're eating fish, though.

What's your point? Freezing still secures the salmon more than not freezing it.

You know how niggers are always going on about how "dem whitebois" are slow-roasted, pussy-ass bitches? This is the kind of shit that makes them think so.

Just eat the raw fucking fish, you slow-roasted, pussy-ass bitches. Jesus fuck, it even tastes better raw. What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Farm-raised, store bought salmon is SAFE TO EAT. I eat that shit all the fucking time and I've NEVER gotten a worm or an illness because of it.

Pros to eating farm raised, store bought, raw salmon:
>It's tasty
>It's easy
>You won't die
>You won't be a slow-roasted ass-bitch

Cons to eating raw, farm raised, store bought, raw salmon
>Absolutely nothing

Just fucking do it, you lily-assed, upper-middle class faggots. Jesus, how fucking pussy can you be? I'm literally ashamed to be seeing this unAmerican bullshit on my fucking Veeky Forums.

And while I'm at it, hit the gym and pay your taxes, you neutered fucking millenials. And I KNOW you guys are fucking millenials, because only millenials give a shit as to whether their fish is cooked or raw.

So yeah.
>Stop being slow-roasted, pussy-ass, high-flying bitches
>Just eat the fucking salmon raw if it's been farm-raised and store bought
>Pay your fucking government taxes
>Hit the gym

If black people are starting to hate their own kind for being ignorant, thuggish baboons, I'm starting to hate white people for being pussy-ass, whipped bitches. Get a job, you cry-baby, liberal fucking millenials.

Wasabi. It helps neutralize any backteria in your stomache from the fish. I love a basic gravlax. 50/50 sugar and salt. Cover for a few days. Wash off, dry and slice.

Sushi isn't typically cured, however, my aunt used to make a sushi-like thing with fish she soaked in salty, acidulated water.
She was from Kobe.

I described the process on here before and some kind user explained that it's a method for making a special kind of sushi common in and around Kobe and other areas of the Kansai region.
Knowing fuck-all about Japan, I can only say that after he said that and I looked it up online, other sources seemed to agree with him.

Anyway, you soak the fish in water spiked with salt and lemon juice or vinegar. You don't season the rice.
Then, you get a mould thingy. It doesn't have a bottom but, instead, has a lid-like apparatus that fits into the mould snugly rather than on top of it.
You lay the mould on the cutting board, layer it with rice, layer the rice with soaked fish, layer the fish with more rice, add the lid-like bit and place a weight on top.
This presses it all into a sandwich-like thing.
You then wrap the lot in nori and cut it on the bias to serve.

I forgot what the guy said it was called. Somethingsomethingzushi.

This is a pretty damn good post.