Hey Veeky Forums, my parents let me come over to their place and housesit for a week...

Hey Veeky Forums, my parents let me come over to their place and housesit for a week. They told me I had full access to their pantry and kitchen, so I'll be asking for suggestions often.

First up is this pork loin, with dollar for size. How do I prepare it without making it all dry? I just thawed it in a tub of hot water.

>thawed it in a tub of hot water
heheheh

Well you already fucked it up a bit by thawing in hot water instead of cold water.

Easiest way? Slice pretty thin, from pic it would be slicing in half. If you have seasoned salt, toss it on. Otherwise salt and pepper always works. Get a pan nice and hot, toss pork in. Brown for about 3-4 min one side. Flip over, toss in a chunk of butter. Use a spoon to put butter on top of pork. Cook for another 5 or so minutes. Done

>I just thawed it in a tub of hot water.
Pham.

There, three decent fillets and one fucked up little sliver. I'm gonna throw them in COLD water for a minute to let them finish thawing.

After the sear, I added unsalted vegetable broth and turned it down low.

user, order pizza. Don't give yourself food poisoning.

put it in a dutch oven with chicken stock carrots, celery, an red potato. slow cook for about 2 hours. Use the juice to make gravy.

The first one is done, I sort of pressure cooked it in a broth. Cooked all the way through, retained its moisture, but tough.

Did you seriously just poach a pork loin?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Second one is done. Much softer and even juicier.

Did you seriously just poach a pork loin?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

It's delicious and cooked perfectly.

No idea why you used broth. Pretty sure

>7881722

didnt mention it

>that sear
the pan wasnt hot enough when you put the meat in

Because I thought it would help the heat evenly get into the pork

Pork and sauce. I added bbq sauce and spices to the broth.

The issue is that you arent searing the pork nor pan frying / grilling. Now youre just boiling it which is different. Oh well, I assume you already finished eatin

Gross. Next time just ask mommy and daddy to leave the credit card so you can pay adults to cook for you.

That looks seriously gross.

Why is it so important that the cooking surface stay relatively dry? Is it for the consistency of the meat?

If there's water, it's steaming/boiling which doesn't give it the good flavor that people want from dry frying or searing or anything. If there was oil, it'd get color and taste good. If there's water, it just cooks and is more bland

>cum on finger