Is there a more obsolete eating utensils than chopsticks?

Is there a more obsolete eating utensils than chopsticks?

ones Asians discovered white people and their way of eating there was absolutely no reason to be using chinksticks anymore

and yes I can use them myself

(you)

I get Asians using them but the most bizarre thing is when you see some westerner using them to eat ramen out of styrofoam cups.

I enjoy the simplicity and precision, and frequently use them to eat Western dishes in the privacy of my own home.

I understand hating on try-hard weebs, but sometimes chopsticks simply make the eating experience more enjoyable, and I see absolutely no problem with that.

There's something just cringeworthy about eating ramen with a fork, even if it's shitty cup noodles.

I use them on the rare occasion that I decide to eat something like doritos or chips

>There's something just cringeworthy about eating ramen with a fork

It's the complete opposite. If you're in a western country it's cringe worthy to use chopsticks anywhere besides Asian restaurants.

Eating ramen with a fork as though it's pasta is stupid.

portion control. perfect sized bites.

Do you slurp ramen too because that's what they do in your favorite anime?

I think it's pretty cool when your food is cut into bite sized pieces before you start eating, which is an implication of chopsticks.

Well its probably funny watching drunk chinamen trying to eat with them... More funny watching drunk american people try im assuming.

Chopsticks are more comfortable to me. I hope that makes you angry.

Do you stick your fork to the bottom of the styrofoam cup and twirl the noodles around the fork? And then pick up your potage spoon to intermittently take a sip of the broth?

I eat the noodles with a fork and drink the brother out of the cup afterwards like 99% of all other non-weebs do.

>non-weebs

I think you mean to say "poor people".

The people in the west most likely to use chopsticks at home are impoverished NEETs living with their parents.

Or people who grew up eating a number of different ethnic cuisines, for whom proper food etiquette has simply been natural from a young age, due to having growing up in a multi-cultural environment?

>due to having growing up in a multi-cultural environment?

My condolences.

China was using fork-like utensils for a long time and didn't start using chopsticks as their normal eating utensils until the Ming Dynasty. They chose this.

Nah, it's pretty nice living in a 1st world country where there are 100 different kinds of cuisines available for you to choose from every day.

>eating with a utensil used by billions of people is awkward cultural appropriation
No. Just no.

Salad sucks to eat with a fork. Much better with chopsticks

>ones Asians discovered white people and their way of eating there was absolutely no reason to be using chinksticks anymore

You do realise chopsticks predates forks by literally milleniums

I'd just rather have the faint taste of the wood from the nicer types of chopsticks at restaurants. Forks and spoons all the time would be boring and unfitting. Wouldn't eat anything in public with chopsticks other than asian foods though because I'm not gonna eat 69 cent ramen outside of my place anyways.

I like cooking with chopsticks. They give you fine grain control of the food like a second pair of fingers, as opposed to awkwardly shuffling things around with giant spatulas or wooden spoons.

I only use them if they're given to me or (Rarely) if I made some asain food where the experince is somehow better for using them.

Chink here

I only use chopsticks when eating noodles in soup other than that I use a spoon for everything unless its steak or whatever hunk of meat which I use a fork

There is no utensil to rule them all

Well maybe the spoon but chinks use spoons too so

? They are literally superior to forks

Anything that a fork can do, a pair of chopsticks can do better. The only thing that forks can do better than chopsticks is stab people to death.

Let's run down the list, shall we?

need to pick up piece of food:
>fork: STAB
>chopstick: stab, pick up, pick up and move it around, put it somewhere else

need to shovel something:
>fork: have to hold it perfectly horizontal and move it in a perfectly horizontal plane
>chopstick: can fan sticks out and whisk elegantly

need to stab something:
>fork: STAB, PUNCTURE, KILL
>chopsticks: ? why the fuck do you need to stab something you retarded mongrel

Don't be a fucking uncultured swine.

>multiculturalism is bad

this isn't /pol/, it's not cool here to proclaim yourself as a flyover.

"Multiculturalism" is how you get Taco Bell and Panda Express. "Multiculturalism" is nothing more than clever moniker for homogenization and destruction of cultural identity.

Authentic Mexican food is made by Mexicans living in Mexico, steeped in the tradition of their family and heritage. Authentic German food if made by Germans in Germany, steeped in the tradition of their family and heritage.

Food is culture, and "multiculturalism" is the enemy of culture -- so it is the enemy of food.

American fast food isn't multiculturalism. Going to school with first generation Mexicans and having real Mexican food down the street is multiculturalism.

I'm guessing you're European and have no experience with different cultures other than kebabs.

what kind of mental gymnastics did you perform to equate multiculturalism with taco bell and panda express

Did it ever occur to you that I can eat Chinese food made by Chinese people and Mexican food made by Mexican people in Southern California?

is that too foreign of a concept your Oklahoma City tastebuds?

>not eating it with your bare hands

This desu. They're so versatile while cooking. I use them to pull out oven racks, rotate food, etc., and you don't have to worry about scratching non-sticks.

>Retards clinging to shitty utensils
You know what people in Thailand did when Europeans showed them forks?

They ditched the sticks because they realized how much better proper cutlery is.

Eat shit and die, weebs.

Thai people use chopsticks for noodles, and the way they eat with a fork and spoon has to be one of the most uncivilized methods of eating aside from using your bare hands; they look like toddlers who haven't yet been taught table manners.

Multiculturalism is great, unless you're white.

How do asian cut their meat?

I see that you didn't read the last part of my post, Hirohito.

Take your little red book, turn it straight, and shove it up your squinted ass.

>weeb
>little red book

So when someone baits this hard it basically means they've conceded to losing the argument, right?

Come on man you and I both know you were motivated to eat Ramen with chopsticks by anime.

I'm from Hawaii, brah.

So you're a German sympathizer then.

I'm Jewish.

>Using two sticks equates to culture as opposed to a fork

lol

Does Hawaii have a lot of Jewish people?I'm genuinely curious.

Whatever you say, Mohammed.

>a fucking pair of sticks

Fuck no, at least not on the island I grew up on. Aside from a couple years in elementary school when I went to a private school and had maybe 4 Jewish kids in my class, it was basically reclusive millionaire celebrities with vacation homes.

Alright thanks for the info.

bad luck

>discovered white people

lots of cultures have used eating utensils analogous to spoon/fork

asians didn't because confucius was afraid he'd get stabbed

>culture = different from American norms
Wipe this meme from the face of the earth.

what if the utensil IS the food

Advantages to chopsticks:
>simple in design
>often made of biodegradable materials, like bamboo
>bamboo is a very renewable source
>inexpensive
There are billions of Asians, of course they would want as many inexpensive easy-to-make utensils as possible.

it costs energy to produce and plant the bamboo

whereas with forks:
>stamp from sheet of steel
>use for 20 years

It also costs energy to extract the iron ore and refine it into stainless steel.

plastic ware?

takes energy to produce and create plastic
introduces plastic to environment which is more harmful in the long run then chopsticks

With a knife...

Although asians tend to cut the meat into pieces prior to cooking. Westerners just get handed a piece of meat and to the work at the table.

>Is there a more obsolete eating utensils than forks?

> ones white people discovered Asians and their way of eating there was absolutely no reason to be using retard-claws

>and yes I can use them myself

we have transcended utensil altogether

consider bread eating
>simplest
>0 energy to produce utensils
>0 cost
>can't be stabbed with bread or rice at non-relativistic velocity
>can never be certain about the previous handling of utensils; can always be certain about the level of cleanliness of your own finger
>touch allows you to taste rice or bread with another sense

You can get metal chopsticks although they aren't very popular. You can also get plastic ones. We have a bunch of wooden chopsticks in our house, they've literally lasted for around 20 years I think. Some of them have broken down and snapped over the years but we still have like a dozen.

real. recognize. real.

I am Chinese, too, and let me tell you that the spoon is the GOAT utensil. The utensil rack in my dishwasher is filled with spoons 98/100 of the time.

this. indians are the most powerful race in the world

What a quality thread.
Everyone in this thread gets to have drinks on me.

i eat ramen with a spoon

Keep telling yourself that you fat, weeaboo prick.

>millenniums
Try millennia you stupid weeaboo fuck.

I love how Indians are always so inexplicably proud of being Indian.

All of Veeky Forums's boards are for weaboos.

You may be looking for another website.

you should look into exit bags.

>goes onto a weeaboo website
>complains about weeaboo shit

Lol m8 how old were you when your dad beat the shit outta ya?

:^)

Then why can't they figure out the proper place to use the shitter?

chopsticks are literally the best thing for flipping bacon

>Authentic Mexican food is made by Mexicans living in Mexico
>Authentic German food if made by Germans in Germany

so a mexican literally cannot cook authentic mexican food outside of mexico?

a german literally cannot cook authentic german food if he's in austria? or switzerland?

remove yourself from the gene pool you utter fucking retard

>he's never been to thailand

they actually use both you enormous dummy

they're fun

chopstick are a meme

Not drinking it

I eat ramen with a spoon

It's like you didn't even read the sentence you're quoting, you fucking dumb faggot. What do you think the words "once" and "anymore" mean?

>use fork
>rice falls through gaps

>use spoon
>can't spear meat and rice, have to choose

>use GLORIOUS INVENTION OF THE MIDDLE KINGDOM chopsticks
>realize that whites get btfo every time in the presence of the superior utensil
>enjoy food 100000x more than I could with a spoon, fork, or a spork

I didn't realize people could be this elitist about utensils, out of all things

You could just use a spork, you know.

>portion control. perfect sized bites.
Yeah that's what chopsticks are used for. I take it you've never seen a Chinese person eat.

>Having dinner with new Chinese boss at a steakhouse restaurant
>Struggling to eat barbecued chicken breast with a knife and fork (shit you not)
>Doesn't speak English so I have to ask the waiter if they have chopsticks for them

Embarrassing as fuck. Waiter looked at me like I'm fucking retarded

>Ctrl f
>No one mentioned cheetos
Y'ALL MOTHER FUCKERS NEED JESUS.

If you eat delicious cheese puff treats, chopsticks are your best way to eat them. No more disgusting cheedle on your fingers.

My god, this user gets it.
I use cooking chopsticks too, I just love the amount of control you have with them while only using a single hand.

Best utensil for salad. No question. Prove me wrong.

sporks are both shitty spoons and forks

Actually, china had forks before it had chopsticks. And they're great. It's like eating with your hands without getting your fingers dirty. Unless you're retarded and can't use them properly

>for centuries forks were two pronged
>literally unmovable pair of chopsticks with far less utility
Maybe you should overcompensate for your lack of dexterity a bit less.

Good thing about chopsticks is you have one hand free so you can browse the chins on your phone while you eat

>Not making a suppository and shoving it up your anus

I regularly cook with chopsticks after having lived in Japan for a number of years (I am half Japanese)

I don't understand why white people can't just accept that they are usually wrong about things related to culture. You can see it in how defensive they get when they see a fellow white person acknowledging the superiority of anything Japanese

>retarded opinion from a runescape playing faggot pretending to be some kind of official statement
lol ok naruto one bowl ramen please ^.^

i used to think they were stupid but now that im good with them they make sense and i like them more than forks and stuff