Is 25 too old for college? I mean will I stand out as life failure...

Is 25 too old for college? I mean will I stand out as life failure? I know college is pointless but if nobody pushes me to study I won't do it also lonely af.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookofpook.neocities.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Psychiatrist at first

You're not too old, but you should have a drive and great idea of what you want. You've got more experience than the majority of kids in college. Give it your all.

I’m 30 and in college. It’s easier because you aren’t dealing with childish bullshit

Fuck college, it's a marxist brainwash slaughter house. Learn a trade, boomers are retiring soon and theres a serious void. I have a four year and am going for HVAC in March, will probably burn my degree once employed. Biggest waste of time and money in my life.

Just anything that will get me a job and work with integer people. It? Don't have a specific plan.
I guess so. What are you studying and why did it take so long?

I know. I'm just so lonely and missed out on a lot having dealt with years of pain and sickness and college could motivate me to study. I can just pretend to care.

same as you man, no idea what the fuck to do. hold me

honestly, this.

If you have a passion for something then get a degree in it. If you have no passions you can make more off a trade.

College is a dumb fucking meme but there is noting we can do about it.

I made the same mistake. Started college at 22 because I thought I had missed out, spent 5 years getting my BS, fingered a couple girls and got head from a 300 pound nigger. Made no long term friends, get offered $12-14 an hour jobs constantly which, after paying off loans, puts my right at the min wage I would have been making before college. You will want to murder 18-20 year old that act like fucking 12 year olds. Trust me man it's not what you have imagined.

26 and studying structural engineering. Subject is pretty interesting. Best part about being an older student is getting fat financial aid. My entire tuition is covered. Check and see what you can get.

hmm holy shit
Does this mean it is worth it to just fuck about until I'm 24-25 and then start college
or will that cost me more in the longrun from lost years?

Interesting, why are you getting your education paid for? What program did you use? I'm making $25 an hour as a mechanical assembler but could be making $40 with a degree in mech eng. Have a guaranteed job as my boss loves when people with floor experience join eng.

I regret going to college
Worst mistake in my life so far
I wish i spent those 4 years working a trade
Mike Row was right all along

It can be good and bad. Decent money but you will bust your ass daily. It gets old fairly fast

What did you go for?
I have my associates now and it's getting increasingly more willing to drop out and going after sundry business ideas

*I'm

So long story short, I kinda was fucked up on my educational path when my dad died in high school. I stuck to community college while working 25-30 hours a week. I was unable to receive fafsa aid due to my moms decent income and survivor benefits provided by my dads death. It wasn’t until I applied to the UC school system that I realized I was eligible for full financial aid. Due to my income falling below the 12k? a year threshold I was able to receive the highest aid. I plan to graduate college in 3 years at 28 years old with little to no debt to my name because I saved all my money from working part time all those years living at home.

Colleges have people from 18 to 60 on them, lots of people go back to school later on to get second degrees, masters degrees, nobody cares how old you are, unless you're in the dorms. Even then, we have a couple of older people when i lived in the dorms, like 27, 30. It's not high school, nobody give a flying fuck if you're 25. I moved into the dorms at 23, and had an 18 year old gf in a couple of weeks, and nobody cared, it was fucking awesome. 25? You have no fucking problems. Literally nobody is going to look at you as a life failure, stop being a fucking pussy and go get a fucking degree.

B.A. in Environmental Science, MBA from a top 20.

If I could do it all over, I'd just work a shit job, save cash, and open a fucking weed shop.

good, user.

If you went to college and made no friends, that's on you, not college. I still talk to and hang out with my college friends years later, it was the most social and active period of my life, I knew tons of people, and learned how to get laid on the regular.

It's not automatic. It's what you put into it. If you scuttle across campus like some creepy autist fuck, yeah, you won't make friends, but if you act normally, it's impossible not to meet people - and you're drowning in legal pussy who literally will fuck you because there's nothing else to do, especially in the dorms. My dorms were a fucking orgy, even the nerds got laid.

But, if you hide in your room shitposting here, and never talk to anyone, yeah, i could see college being like you described.

Basically if you make fuckall at 24+ you fill out the FAFSA and go to the school to ask for financial aid. I got 8 grand in aid money this semester and tuition only cost 3 grand a semester. I go to a small, well respected engineering school.

I originally dropped out of college because my life went to hell about 4 years in and I had a complete mental breakdown. Now I'm back a few years later and while it's just as hard, I am more driven to succeed and pursue a career in geology research.

Reeeeee, fuck off normie

But seriously though, I go to college, am attractive and can at least pass as not-autistic in social situations
and I haven't made any new friends or gotten laid besides going on dates wholly unrelated to college

How is one meant to make friends just by going to classes? I can't afford the retarded cost of dorms on top of tuition, and I've joined a club (actually crypto club) but no one even there have I clicked with
EXPLAIN pls

I can't teach you to be normal, sorry. Your college probably offers free therapists, go see one. If you haven't learned how to make friends, something children doing instinctively, then you have problems I'm not qualified to treat.

What does that even mean??
I have had friends like in highschool and before, but here I can't seem to meet anyone who shares my personality or interests, that's why I call you a normie if you're able to find friends "easily" on a campus
normie personalities are like AB blood types

It's not my fault you're antisocial. I already told you what to do, a therapist is more qualified to help you than I am.

Do you think it's too late to invest in yourself? Sounds like you have more of a confidence issue than anything else

>especially in the dorms. My dorms were a fucking orgy, even the nerds got laid.
this is the downside of learning a trade. Living at home after 18 is actually fucking terrible

I'm 27 getting my comp IT degree. After highschool I screwed around and didn't really have any goals in mind. There's plenty of people who go back to school in order to move up in their jobs or to get a better one.

I'll be your friend my interests include blood and hanging out alone too

>boomers are retiring soon
said the very nervous millenial for the 100th time this decade

Nice try old man.

I left a job making all together with ret8 rement funds about 200k a year to go back to school for something I don't wake up every morning saying fuck I don't want to do this and to have more time to live life. I pay for school cash and will only make 60k starting out but I love the field and have a side business where I make decent cash. I'm 27 I hope I made the right choice lol amrite #yolo

Unless you're going for STEM or something in tech, you should look into construction and mechanical trades. Flooring installation, HVAC, carpentry.

25 is fine
There are a lot of people in their 30s and 40s attending college
You just won't get to participate in stupid teenager dorm bullshit but why would you want to anyway

I've heard that same line forever yet they still aren't retiring or if they are taking all business down with them.

Blease no bully-murder

I've seen plenty of people in their late 40's just trying to get their bachelor's.

You can only stand out as a failure today if you're not, or have not previously been, in crypto.

I'm 29 and in uni, go for it. Just lie about your age.

Maritime btw I'll have my captains license within a year after leaving school

I fell for the trade meme, treated like shit by journeymen, hot 90 degree weather pulling wire. Digging trenches for a whopping 10 dollars an hour 1 hour drive both ways. Fuck it, I'd rather be in debt than ever do that shit again.

I'm 27 and on my second year of an EE major. Can't speak for the courses outside STEM, but most of the other people in my classes are around my age. 25 is actually a great age to get started and college isn't pointless if you learn a useful skill.

I'm going back at 23 for CIT networking. Information technology, it's the only thing I think I'd be good at. I don't like programming, I've considered finance and global supply chain as back up.

Not him but.. what do you mean with.. blood?

I started at 23 and I didn't stand out. But I look really young for my age. I'm 26 now and I can still pass for 20.

>unironically romanticizing trades
>falling for the trades meme ever
Nope. Writing's on the wall, faggot. You want a future-proof, recession-proof, and structural-unemployment-proof career? Math. Math math math math math. Take as many fucking math courses as you can. There are a LOT of high-tech jobs out there with insane salaries, but there just aren't enough people with the skills to fill them. That means those skills are in high, high, high demand.

Statistics. Computer science. Data science. Chemical engineering. You name it, this shit's the future. Back in the day you could get by as a coal miner if you just had some muscle and a shovel, but we don't do mining like that anymore. Everything's high tech, and we need people who can operate the machines, people who can build the machines, people who can program the machines.

You pursue some kind of field in this general ball-park and you'll have companies begging to pay you six-figure salaries. Why? Because you possess skills that most people don't have because they're retarded and fell for the "trades" meme or even worse couldn't do trades and had to settle for mcdonald's or something.

I was graduated after 7 and a half years at 26. I smashed ass throughout. Age really doesn't matter if you got the vibe, are attractive, good hair, in shape, and dress nice.

And now that I've made money in crypto using my graduation money I'm thinking of moving to an apartment near Arizona State university to keep this shit going. 27 now. Age really is meaningless.

Jesus dude where do you live? In the south U.S.?? Around nyc union apprentice electricians start at 15-17 And move up quickly. Plus depending on the co. They give the apprentices thousands in scrap.

Trades are for low-IQ retards who can't do anything else but are just a little more competent than the retards who work in fast food. And pretty soon a lot of those jobs will be gone. They're obsolete, just like the boomers that occupy them.

I live in Kentucky and had to drive to Dayton Ohio everyday, sharp at 7am. I had to get up around 430 every morning. It was pure hell. I'm glad I bulged a disc and got on unemployment for a while. I'm never doing trades unless I'm the one writing the blue prints.

What's the vibe

The people with degrees write the blueprints. The low-IQ peasants do the menial labor. Go back to school. Study your passion (as long as it's in a lucrative field) and make something of yourself.

I wouldn't say their low iq, but most of the) tradesmen) I worked with were very unprofessional and acted holier than thou about college. I was enrolling in college and told a friend of mine there, once I did most of my Co workers acted like I was a complete different person and would treat me less. The main reason I decided to go to college was this very reason. No one people don't respect trades.

I just got out of pt for the 10th month can walk again so I am getting my degree. Honestly I'm not confident enough to do computer programming or engineering, I'm considering going undeclared or CIT. I'm a little tad nervous about how college is structured.

Well that depends on your goals. You don't want to appear too cool for school at that age. But you also don't want to look like you're ashamed to be there. You basically just want to be "cool" and keeping up with the current trends. I remember my final semester I was flirting with a freshman and dropped a "How I Met Your Mother" reference and she didn't get it.

How do you flirt with girls? I don't know how to approach and speak

Yeah, poor people and losers generally resent successful people. They derive a false sense of superiority for "not falling for the college scam" when in reality they're cherry-picking gender studies students and ignoring the graduates who actually design the computers and technology they use.

Well that's not good. Make sure you have a plan before you go or you'll be stuck with debt and a lot of regret. In general you want something that'll make you a lot of money. That does mean you'll have to work and study hard, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. It's what separates the losers from the successful people. The losers make excuses and spend the rest of their lives trying to bring successful people down. Successful people are their bosses, doctors, lawyers, judges, etc.. Don't give up. You can do anything if you set your mind to it, no that's not a platitude, I have seen it myself. I never thought I would be good at math or programming but commitment and diligence goes a long way.

The easiest way in the first few weeks is find the girl you like in your class and on the way out start talking to her. It helps if your professor is a goofball because you can make fun of him.

Theres lots of stuff you can read online about it..or youtube. This source probably comes across as cringe on the surface but it has some timeless advice (I say that because the writings are like a decade old)

bookofpook.neocities.org basically all you need.

Local 3s apprenticeship is 7 years and they have more members than work even in booming years they do get copper though iron working with 40 and the holy grail of operating engineers is the best.

Faggot are you going to suggest he pull her hair and pinch her too

He is probably looking for a meaningful relationship.
It's probably going to be hard for you, but not impossible to find a girl that will make you happy. Focus on finding a good girl, sluts are actually below you even if you are autistic.

I guess once a relationship is established, sure. If she's into that kind of thing...the Making fun of professors idea is great for starting a relationship. Mine went like this

>Make fun if professor, simple small talk and say later
>felt it went well so next class I sat next to her. Found out she had to walk across campus to her next class.
>offered to give her a ride because it was my last class of day
>Dropped her off and said why don't you give me your number and we can hangout later

And like a week later I had her at my place playing strip beer pong and nearly dated her for half the semester..would have gone longer but I chose to end it.

Since I made lots of money in Crypto I’ve been thingken about going to college, to study music and philosophy. I already have a degree in mathematics which I graduated 5 years ago, but I’m bored of work and programming and have enough money now to live like 20 years at least without working.

Should I do it? I’m just tired of wagie life