Does Veeky Forums have any recommendations for a deep fryer for personal use?

Does Veeky Forums have any recommendations for a deep fryer for personal use?

get a frydaddy for $20 and call it a day

cast iron pan

Honestly this.

I've been using a frydaddy jr. recently and it's basically just a bucket with a fill line on the inside that heats up to 350F (you almost never need any other temperature) when you plug it in, and has a handle and a lid so you can store the oil in it.

I like to deep fry far more than I should, and this thing is bare bones, all you really need. When I move I'll probably buy a full sized version, because the jr. is just about as big as it needs to be for two people.

Sorry, I don't buy any products with the word "daddy" in it.

Quit being a bitch made faggot

how do you guys dispose of the oil, just straight down the sink?

Flush it

Throw it on the lawn.

i live in a high rise...

If you filter it and store it properly it should last awhile (one of the reasons I like the frydaddy is that you can easily keep the oil in it). When it goes off pour it into a bottle/jar with a lid and put it in the trash.

Throw it in the street after your chamber pot my good man.

Is there a problem sir?

This. Just dump it off your balcony or whatever. Bonus points if you dump it while it's still hot and pretend you're fending off an invading army at your gates.

Follow the included instruction manual to the t, especially concerning when to change the oil. Holy fuck, for the love of god, do not shrug off changing the oil.

>Anonymous 07/17/16(Sun)22:13:12 No.7888947▶
>one of the reasons I like the frydaddy is that you can easily keep the oil in it

That applies to ALL deep fryers. The frydaddy is not unique in this regard.

Pour it in an empty can, seal it, throw it in the trash

Not sure if this is actually serious, because frankly a lot of complete dumbfucks post here, but pouring grease down the sink will eventually completely fuck up your plumbing.

Anyone want to chime in with some things they like to make in a deep fryer besides french fries and chicken wings?

hotdogs, butter, ramen, cornflakes, icecubes

if I had a fryer I would try to make tendies out of everything. beef, pork, turkey, duck. why is it only chicken that gets made into tendies? I would want to find out.

I was gonna meme on you, but I bet some county fair did try and sell deep-fried ice

churros
fresh ones are godtier

pakora, arancini

Egg rolls.

I've seen Japanese dishes where vegetables are deep-fried, other than seafood.
There aren't many foods that you can cook normally that can't also be deep fried.

>how do you guys dispose of the oil

By cranking the heat up to 11 and letting it burn away.

Dont listen to the dumbasses asking you to chuck it down a sink. They arent gonna foot your plumbing bills.

Just keep the oil bottles that you used, and funnel it right back in when you're done with it. Chuck the whole bottle in general waste.

>why is it only chicken that gets made into tendies?

It's not. People deep fry everything. Steak fingers, crabs, fish, shrimp, veggies (ever hear of temupura?), you name it. The scottish even deep fry whole pizzas.

Isn't it only natural fat that ruins plumbing?

Canola and corn oil just become more viscous when they cool down. They don't solidify.

Tortilla and potato chips
Dumplings/gyoza
tempura
shrimp, fish, clams, crabs, squid (calamari)
egg rolls, spring rolls, taquitos, flautas
stuffed mushrooms
hush puppies
croquettes
Monte Cristo sandwich
making crispy garnishes for soups or salads

it's also handy for making stir-fries. there are many Chinese recipes in which some of the ingredients are lightly deep-fried to keep their shape before they go into the wok. And for American-style chinese like General's Chicken the meat is battered and fried before being stir-fried with the sauce.

>They don't solidify.

Lol, you've never cleaned out a grease trap before, have you? They most certainly do solidify once you are talking about used oil that has food particles and such in it. Also, in most places it gets cool enough during the winter that the oil will solidify simply based on temperature.

Grease and Oil are different things.

For the purposes of plumbing clogs there is no appreciable distinction.

There actually is. Oil like a fryer uses doesn't solidify unless at freezing temperatures.

See

This isn't true. This is bullshit.

Believe what you want, bro. Just remember that when the plumber's bill arrives.

>icecubes