Soda is so bad for you user

>soda is so bad for you user
>all that sugar is going to kill you

*proceeds sipping his coffee*

What did coffee drinkers mean by this?

I drink my coffee black. It's like 2 calories if I'm not mistaken.

Sugar is bad for you, but not in the sense that it's truly toxic. Moderation and a balanced diet will take you far.

What exactly do you think coffee is

i drink mine black

Simple sugar is easily broken down and tastes good, so that you tend to eat a lot of it, which causes a ton of energy to get introduced into your system very quickly, which screws with your metabolism and tends to lead to weight gain unless you're working serious manual labor because you already have a serious calorie surplus and you're usually still hungry because soda isn't especially filling

>soda internet defense force

Useless drink that is causing an entire planet to be gripped by caffeine addiction.

this

shit doesn't even wakemeup.png

>he's such a fat diabetic fuck he needs copious amounts of sugar in his drinks

Some have speculated that coffee is in part responsible for the Enlightenment. Before which the drink of choice for most was beer, as it was flavorful and safe to drink. But it led to people existing in a constant "buzz" state.
Coffee changed all that, combined with the appearance of sugar it was the true super food of its time.
Course, it all came at the expense of 10+ million africans, but can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

That's what happens when you grow up drinking Mountain dew and energy drinks.

i hate mountain dew and energy drinks. it did give me energy but after the first couple of weeks all coffee did was make me feel how preworkout makes you feel if you dont drink water

>Some have speculated that coffee is in part responsible for the Enlightenment.

Yeah I had a history Prof who talked about this. The burgeoning of the coffee trade and coffee house culture in Yurop was pretty fascinating to learn about. I'd imagine there's some truth to it.

*dibs bedora*

is that the fox from antichrist? I loved that movie

>drink four coke zeros a day
>have done so for many years

I'm pretty sure this is gonna kill me eventually

Buuut pop IS bad for you. Demonstrably so. It makes it easy for you to run a caloric surplus and become obese.
Coffee on the other hand has literally no negative effects.
>incoming scare "journalism" about caffeine

I drink coffee black. Soda is bad for you, fucking fatass.

I'm not even a coffee drinker, but I think of it the same way as pot: there's literally nothing unhealthy about it and for some people it makes their day a little better. It's fucking hot water with tasty, caffeinated beans. Soda is straight up addictive sugar syrup. There's not even a comparison to be made unless you're talking about people who go to Starbucks and order coffee flavored milkshakes, but that's a completely different issue.

Don't worry user, four zeros a day still equals zero!

You know a lot of non children don't put sugar in their coffee right?

>shit doesn't even wakemeup.png
>That's what happens when you grow up drinking Mountain dew and energy drinks.

He's actually sort of right though, it doesn't exactly wake you up. My buddy is a sleep medicine doctor (pulmonary care and does sleep studies, etc). I'm probably butchering what he said but, essentially, your body has a cycle that it kind of wakes up to. If you don't drink coffee in the morning, you'll start to feel more alert anyways. Like around 10am is when most people feel the most alert (for the average wageslave like me that wakes up around 6-7), and then you have a natural dip in the early afternoon, then a bit more enery in the mid afternoon, and then start to get the sleep hormones released when the sun goes down.

Obviously if you're a coffee drinker (or caffeine user in general), if you don't have it you'll feel like crap for a while, but after your body adjusts - no caffeine wakefulness will be the same as when you were on the caffeine.

I'm not preaching either way, but I would recommend a break from caffeine for a few months just to see what it is like. I ended up not completely stopping in the long run, but, now I drink one cup in the AM because its comfy and that's it. Nothing after 9AM.

we need to stay up and be alert for our proffesions

>pop

>I think of it the same way as pot: there's literally nothing unhealthy about it
Okay pal