I hear everyone talk about Chicago style, and New York style pizza...

I hear everyone talk about Chicago style, and New York style pizza. Yet I haven't heard Veeky Forums's thoughts on Detroit style deep dish pizza. What are your thoughts and did you enjoy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlayuda
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Objectively the best crust. Perfect crunch and flavor.

Pan pizza a shit

Why can't everything be pizza? It's the perfect food.

Because tacos

Everything can be pizza user, sadly pizza can't be everything. Or can it? I'll ask my guru and let you know later

I eat my pie thin. So I don't think about Detroit deep dish

>he doesn't know about taco pizza or pizza taco or whateverthefuckyouangloswannacalltlayudathisweek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlayuda

Any michigan Bros here have jets. Their deep dish is absolute heaven like. The crust is the perfect amount of burnt, crunch, and cheese.

Detroit style pizza is fat fucking awesome. I love it. It's just shy of Chicago but you can pick it up and handle it. Chicago pizza, you need a knife and fork. It's soup pizza almost. But it is damn delicious and one of the best tastes ever experienced.

I surprised Veeky Forums hasn't mentioned Detroit style. Or they have and I just haven't seen the thread.

Anyone have a favorite place that serves Detroit deep dish. So far my favorite chain is jets but I haven't had it in a restraunt yet. Any suggestions.

Buddy's pizza will be an experience of a lifetime.

Oh my Jesus I am looking at the Google Image search results. Fucking God tier pizza.

Buddy's is the definition of Detroit pizza. If you don't go there, you missed your bucket list.

Thank God for living in Michigan I can go there anytime. That is if I want to drive the 4 hours to get there. Pure Michigan.

>Pure Michigan.
Yes

The best state ad campaign for sure.

'troit 'za is nice, but 'go 'za is still the best 'za 'riant out there.

If I wanted an opinion from a FIP I would go to Chicago. Now git out muh state you tourist fuck. Pure Michigan.

I don't really like it
I prefer cheesy bread with sauce on the side than cheesy bread with sauce under the cheese
When I just want to fuck myself up with cheesy bread, I go to little caesars, order the deep deep detroit style dish pizza, tell them to leave the sauce off and add italian seasoning
I get two orders of their italian cheese bread for 80% of the cost

it looks like it's the better of the thick crusted options. i love it when the edges of baked goods go glassy like that. usually i'll go for a neapolitan style, i like chewy pizzas.

Try it and you will love it for sure. Pure Michigan pizza is best za.

By far better than Little Sleasers famalam you should git gud.

Is Buddy's really that good? I have one literally across from my house but I never gave two shits about going in there because I've lived in Michigan my whole life and everyone and their dog in my area can make a Detroit-style.

I lived in michigan for most of my life, being enlightened by 'troit 'za and new york style or whatever. I moved to Illinois within the last 3 years and started enjoying 'go 'za. They're both 'za with good crust, but 'go 'za is for softies without good chompers. 'troit 'za is the best especially with the crispyness on the crust.

REMOVE FIP REMOVEEEEE

I love mixing a delicious Little Caesar's Hot-N-Ready Deep Deep Dish with a cool and delicious Faygo POP! (That's soda to all you non Michiganers)
Believe me when I say that this combination is HEAVENLY. I find that the fresh ingredients of the pizza combined with the taste of years and years of Detroit's vivid and strong industrial heritage bottled up into one delicious line of pop flavors cannot be beat. My personal favorite is Red Moon Mist combined with the Bacon Wrapped Hot-N-Ready Deep Deep Dish!!

As a Detroit native I must say I URGE you to come on down to our wonderful city as soon as possible. Where you will find a Little Caesar's Hot-N-Ready Pizza establishment on nearly every street corner as well as delicious Faygo Pop in every store and supermarket.

And hey, no sooner than you're enjoying your pizza can you be heading over the Little Caesar's arena where you can see many of Detroit's favorite music acts including Insane Clown Posse and others! And don't worry friends there is plenty of Hot-N-Ready Deep Deep Dish to go around at these events!

Well I've got to run, I ordered my pizza two minutes ago while I browsed one of the many flavors of Faygo offered at my local Little Caesar's and can you believe my order is already ready?!?!?! Who needs to wait 30 minutes for delivery or 20 to cook your own frozen pizza hahahahaha!

i like square pizza. it reminds me of school lunch.

Faygo is so fucking gross, it tastes like liquefied candy and I feel sick after less than half the bottle

I used to work at Little Skeezers. I still fuck with that pepperoni cheese bread shits so good

Detroit style is great and can be made in anyone's home oven if you have a steel cake pan. It takes no special tools other than that and can be first-rate.

Lil C's deep dish is actually pretty good. Jet's is great and Buddy's is orgasmic.

Objectively best form of 'za.

>Lil C's deep dish is actually pretty good.

Years ago their big square quasi-Detroit pizza was really tasty. Only thing I've had of theirs remotely recently was the $5 round shit and it was ghastly.

It gets mentioned occasionally.

Its pretty fucking great. Cloverleaf is another one thats phenomenal.

FUck you dude, faygo is awesome. My favorite rap group got me into it.

People talk about Detroit style pizza all the time, but it's a gross abomination so nobody ever really responds.

You're not supposed to summon the fips fuck Illinois. They are asshole drivers man. Pure Michigan.

>asshole drivers

If you think Illinois drivers are bad (which they are) I'd suggest never visiting Massachusetts; they're called Massholes for a reason and their driving is a large part of it.

Give me a corner slice of Buddy's and a Rock and Rye and I will show you the biggest smile.

Is it troit za or is it Gan za because michigan.

UP checking in eh. Jets is the the best eh.

It IS liquid candy. That's (more or less) their claim to fame.

Now Vernors....that's a godly drink.

Pfft, you obviously haven't been to PA. Worst drivers in the hemisphere.

See where I'm from, we call that style "bakery pizza", and I have to admit it is the best for when you're hungry and just want to stuff your face.

Jet's sucks. At least the one by my house does. Overpriced, too.

But it isn't shit. It is overpriced agreed but I could stuff my face on the stuff. Or if I am caked I can destroy two 8 corners no problem. Their buffalo chicken or their BBQ pizza is bretty good despite it not being traditional pizza.

Maryland drivers are the WORST.

This board is too obsessed w pizza.

Usually not a fan of deep dish at all but that looks tasty as fuck

I don't need the "authentic" sauce on top shit, just the crust

That is where you're wrong.

It is a square pizza that has a thick deep-dish crisp crust and toppings such as pepperoni and green peppers, and is generally served with sauce on top of the cheese.[1][2][3]

The square shaped pizza is the result of being baked in a square pan, which is often not a pizza pan.[4] Rather, industrial parts trays are often used, which were originally made to hold small parts in factories.[4]
shiiiit

when the hipsters learn this

I haven't had a troit za with the sauce on top of the cheese only underneath. Am I missing something

>It's the perfect food.
Zero vegetables. Enjoy your cancer.

Nah, not really.

Put some bars in my gay go for me twisted I'm tornadoes put the lean inside a Fanta got it red like a tomato

I'm from Michigan. I didn't realize that deep dish usually meant something else until I left the state for the first time.

>add vegetables
>never get cancer
>never die
It's the perfect food

I'm from Michigan too. I never realized our state looked like a hand until someone gave me a pair of gloves in Siberia.

I guess we're both fucking retarded.

>If you think Illinois drivers are bad (which they are) I'd suggest never visiting Massachusetts; they're called Massholes for a reason and their driving is a large part of it.
I can most definitely confirm this. Lived in Massatwoshits for a year, never going back.

>pizza
>not a vegetable

it's like you want the government to send a re-education squad

Wut?

Bing Lookup: Sarcasm

>bing

>using cartoon images

Anyone else think little Sleasers is shit and the only thing that is remotely good about it are the prices.

Looks good for something that I would probably find at a bowling ally

Its pretty fuckin good bruh. I get it from jets often enough. Always pretty good, maybe a bit greasy though.

Yeah, combining foods with pizza is totally not gross in the least.
Like philly cheese steak pizza, or hamburger pizza, or all the shitty stuff Asians do with pizza.

Best crust. Go za and new York za can kiss Michigan's ass

>Detroit style deep dish pizza
Things that don't exist....

Looks better than 'go 'za 2bh

'go 'za pretty much sums up everything that is shitty, tasteless and classless about flyovers.
Probably the only true meme.

Grew up eating Buddy's and Shield's deep dish. Not the greatest but pretty good. Little Caesar's is good but lately if I want the thick crust I like Jet's. Pricey but so tasty.

>little Sleasers

hah, that takes me back

But that's wrong you fucking retard. Use Google you twit.

Do you mean subjectively? I don't think there is a set criteria for a pizza crust.

>american """pizza"""

Uhh, that's pretty much their niche. Better than Tostinos, worse than just about any other franchise (with some exceptions). Plain pepperoni isn't even my thing but knowing that a couple of days of pizza only cost me a fiver makes a delicious sauce.

>bing

Grosse Pointe native here. Buddy's and Jets are obviously awesome, but the best pizza in Detroit was served at the now-defunct Club 500. It was absolutely incredible. They also had a sweet arcade, it had Super Bust-A-Move.