I received this as a gift, with claims that it was a coffee maker. Is this true? What the fuck is this thing?

I received this as a gift, with claims that it was a coffee maker. Is this true? What the fuck is this thing?

The person who have it to me bought it at goodwill and couldn't tell me anything beyond "I think it's a coffee maker!".

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallah_(coffee_pot)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Genie lamp

This

good job your friend didn't touch anything else at goodwill or you'd have never seen him again

unless he got it off somebody else and gave him an eternal reward

You have chosen...poorly

Don't think it's a percolator, the base looks like it wouldn't heat properly.

OP, can you post a pic of the "lid" hinged open and what it looks like inside there? Is there a screen or basket or anything like that in there?

Its for Turkish coffee.

it is a traditional dallah.

This.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallah_(coffee_pot)

Neat. Serve some dank arabic coffee to your friends OP

There's no screen. It's just a flip lid.

Doesn't it have the wrong spout? This was my first thought too, though.

Non functional ornament, or water pitcher based on dallah
If it was for Turkish coffee, it would need a base suitable for boiling on a stove for 10 mins
It would have an open beak like spout as well
If it was for tea, how would you clean the leaves out?

It might be for watering flowers

bro thats a pipe my uncle has 1

It's purely decorative.
I've got a few non-functioning oil lamps made from that exact material with that exact shoddy construction and shoddy engraving, you're not going to be using it for anything other than collecting dust.

Looks like a strange jebena

how much is it worth?

I'd say about one dallah

It's just ornamental, OP.
It's still a cool find, just not a functional item. Find a good place to display it and enjoy.

Rub it and see if Alladin comes out

Beyond that, it's useless

Non functional ornament. My mom collects antiques and has several of these in our house

Just an ornamental watering can modeled after a Dallah. Sorry Bro, that base won't heat for shit.

Sure is samefag in here

It's used to brew tea OP

If it's a genie lamp, you can wish for a coffee maker.

I'm guessing you're a troll, as there is no way that design will make decent tea.