I'm heading to the U.S soon. Specifically New Orleans, New York and Chicago...

I'm heading to the U.S soon. Specifically New Orleans, New York and Chicago. Where and what should I eat while I'm there?

Eat pizza in NY and Chicago.

Chicago Pizza all the way, you're gonna love it

I plan to.

Go to au cheval in chicago, but be prepared to wait

Where are you from? Regardless, go try alligator, crawdads, and other southern foods in New Orleans.

Nothing but seafood in New Orleans.

Checked out their website, looks delicious.

Aussie. I've eaten crocodile here so I'm willing to try alligator too.

Is there french bakery goods?

Also check out Longman and eagle. I have only had the brunch, but I have heard only good things about their dinner menu

You bet there is. Well, baked goods. I don't know about French.

Hipster as (I am from melbourne so I'm used to that) but looks good.

For New Orleans, if you get a po' boy go to mothers. Probably the best in town. Make sure you try both Cajun and Creole food. They are different and the cultures that go with them are different.

Drive west and go to Lafayette for boudin, po'boys and cracklins....

If you like Indian food when you're in New York go to malai marke. If you're traveling with family or friends make sure to get a wide variety of the food and share it, it's incredible. The number one dish there is the malai koffta (spelling?) I highly recommend it. Good luck

All these sound awesome.

>be prepared to wait
Why does every single decent restaurant in America have a queue?

It makes it easy to spot a good joint, but fuck, I went to a few recommended places when I was there and spent half my day waiting in line.

Also as info about Creole vs Cajun. Cajun is white rural and sort of French. Creole is black urban and a big mix o shit. Hit the French quarter and don't accept any offers from anyone on the side streets. Bourbon St is alright but pretty commercial and crap after Katrina happened. There are some great bars with live music just to the east of the French quarter on a street I can't remember. Go for the live music not the alcohol. And try a fuck ton of food. New Orleans has a lot of really good restaurants.

'ork 'za, 'go 'za, 'leans 'za

>hi I'm visiting another country and would love to know where I can eat food that is not from the country I'm going to thank you

gumbo, reuben and deep dish pizza

Chicago you say ...hmm hmm ..what it could be ...maybeee ...mhmm ...maybe some authentic 'go 'za?

Watch the first episode of "the layover"

Chicago: Manny's Deli on Jefferson St., Rosebud on Taylor St. Both are Chicago institutions. There are several dozen high end fine dining restaurants ($100+ a plate), and lot of interesting gastropubs and all that as well. Just google around. But those are two local favorites that you wouldn't necessarily visit. Both are in historic neighborhoods as well. Manny's what was once called Jew Town where Muddy Waters played the street corners, and Rosebud in Little Italy, amongst a lot of other (mob), shit, it was Frank Sinatra's favorite restaurant (order several dishes and dine family style). Both are neat neighborhoods with lots of history and are close to each other. That's what's great about Chicago, get out of the loop and visit different neighborhoods, each is like their own little village, with its own flavored, history, and flair. Very friendly city as well. Source: grew up there.

NOLA
Cochon Butcher
Bacchanal
Melbna's
Willie Mae's Scotch House (fried chicken)
Gene's (for po boys, unless you're dead set on catfish, then walk around the corner to their sister operation on St Claude where they fry catfish)

NYC
Russ and Daughters Cafe
Katz's
Mission Chinese
Papaya King
Lombardi's
Momofuku

You're on your own for Chicago. My advice is ignore whatever the locals tell you - they have shit taste - and just find good places on your own. There are tons of good places in Chicago, but the locals will have you eating garbage like Italian beef, deep dish pizza and hot dogs dragged through the garden. Don't listen to them.

EABOD & DIAF & your NOLA & NYC suggestions are tourist shit

>tourist shit
OP is going to be a tourist, nubmbnuts. There's no reason to send him to Frady's One Stop or Lil Frankie's. The places on my list are the tourist places that are actually good, instead of just being there to rip people off. Check your autism.

New Orleans should be nuked if it were not for the historic buildings and French culture.

isn't it below sea level by default?

I can smell the bull's semen on your breath from here.

It's usually best to give a budget in threads like this, but for Chicago the most important thing is to try a couple Chicago hot dogs - they will change your life.

Many people will tell you that you need to try deep dish pizza or Italian beef, but they're both overrated and honestly pretty boring. Even a mediocre Chicago hot dog will completely change your opinions on the possibilities of a sausage-centric dish can be.

Lafayette has the best food in Louisiana, with the exception of a few places in New Orleans.

make sure to save room for nigger cock because thats a very popular dish in all 3 of those places!

Burger King,you wont regret it!

Have you ever heard of the Chicago style pizza?

What? I want to eat American food. Plus I asked for resturant suggestions faggot

I gots some money. Don't want to spend heaps every meal tho. A couple of awesome expensive meals is fine.

every pizza chain that will deliver.

>chicago

GO ZA GOZA I LOVE ME SOME GO ZA

We have Hungry Jacks in Australia I think it's the same thing.

Grays papaya

Le Bernardin In new york. Order the Geoduck sashimi. You won't be dissapointed.

Grace in Chicago. Order the Rabbit or any of their vegetarian dishes.

In new Orleans, Restaurant August is supposed to be worth the trip. Have never been, not even to New Orleans, but check it out.

Subway's new rotisserie style chicken and premium carved turkey

Go to china town and get the fly li.

Do people not make reservations anymore? Is that still a thing?

In Chicago visit The Silver Palm and get the Three Little Pigs sandwhich

Chicago style hot dogs pham

Any GOOD restaurant will need a reservation, fag. This isn't burgerking.