Wtf won't this put them out of business?

Wtf won't this put them out of business?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=loss leader
youtube.com/watch?v=jG9YorUJw3g
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704320104575014941842011972
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus Christ this pretend advertising thing is getting old

Sage and report

I just wonder how they can pull it off as a business. The deal is too good to be true,desu

Those things are half breading, half cartilate/beaks/feet and scraps, fried in shit tier oil and served with HFCS sauce. They are probably breaking even.

Have you ever had them? They're disgusting. Must be made of recycled chicken buttholes.

those dont look like mcdonalds nuggets. who has them for that deal, i know what im gonna have for dinner, about 50 nuggets

They sell them at cost, they make a profit on the other things you buy with them (fries, drinks, etc...) those are still sold at a profit. The nuggets are just an incentive to get you in the door.

>10 nuggets
>each nugget unit price for the company is probably one half of one cent
>3-5 cents for the container
>total cost is 23-25 cents
>sell for $1.49

No. They will not go out of business.

won't put them out of business because the 10 pc. Nuggets are intended as a compliment to a regular meal. It's a veiled "Super Size" option with a different name and a different flavor.

Yea you could go get just the 10 pc. Nuggets but that's barely anything

Animal guts paste and flour doesn't cost much user.

lmgtfy.com/?q=loss leader

these taste like shit and always come out lukewarm at best

look up loss leader

no

do it faget

It is a loss leader.

Just like how a store will sell milk in the states for 2.50 dollars a gallon. They barely break even on it, it at least gets you in the door.

In the short term it gets them profits in that you are tempted to buy a soda / fries / dessert, which is where the real money is made anyway.

In the longer term lead to brand loyalty. Consistent positive experiences leads to seeking of further experiences.

In both short and long term, they are getting visits while denying the competition.

This. Miserably underwhelming.

my local pub sells 10 pcs of chicken dippers, larger in size with 10 different dips for $1

Why do American fast food places always say 'piece' followed by the plural? "10 chicken nuggets" is perfectly sufficient.

I like bk nuggets better than McDonald's. They probably stay in business because of the whopper, fries, or hot dog I buy to go with it.

You are assuming that they are legally permitted to call those nuggets something like "chicken".

They are because they're made from chicken.

It's the same principle. Alcohol markups can be as ridiculous as potato or soda markups.

Well the joke is on them because all I get is ten nuggers and a double cheeseburger.

>they are getting visits while denying the competition.

The company I work for has this mindset. I hate it. Pure greed.

If you want me to read that you should delete that anime picture

Someone post the McChicken sandwich meme

Huh?

Wuh?

this haha

youtube.com/watch?v=jG9YorUJw3g

You do realize literally every for-profit organization is centered around greed, right?

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

KEK

MASTERFULLY CRAFTED MEME

Even if it is shilling, what makes you think reporting it will make any difference, you stupid faggot?

$1.50 isnt that bad a deal. I'm thinking about picking up a 40 piece. my dogs love nuggets.

They're usually pretty fresh at the one near my house but that's because it's a busy ass store and a generally decent one (surprisingly clean considering most burger kings are shitholes)

I've had them at other ones and they're always room temperature and awful, but still only 1.50 so fuck it.

Their nuggets actually manage to be worse than McDonald's, I don't have any idea how they manage that.

Yeah, they've got a weird after taste if you eat them too slowly on an individual basis and in a pile, they get far worse when cold than McDicks nuggers do.

Saving grace? Zesty sauce.

I agree with zesty sauce. That stuff does manage to make their "onion rings" palatable.

I think its because of the oil. the breakfast stuff is all deep fried and sometimes it just tastes like sweet aftertaste.
Do you remember when BK had tacos?

Uifz bsf kvtu epjoh uijt up dpnqfuf xjui cvshfs ljoh.

i don't really feel like making my own thread for this but i want you all to know that mcdonalds has hot mustard back for their chicken nuggets and its great

because then the item is "the 10 piece" not just x number of y. it's more efficient and sounds better.

Didn't Burger King's nuggets used to look and taste different?

Everything on BK's menu used to taste different (and better arguably). They went autistic with redesigning almost every menu item out of desperation (it's not like fast food is doing well in general which is why the marketers on here are trying twice as hard nowadays - and BK is one of the hardest hit up of all the fast food giants).

they have been doing this for years. dont know how. but i like it

doesn't matter what time you order em, they're always stale and disgusting

I ain't gonna lie, ten years ago, BK had the best nuggets. McDonald's wasn't bad, but you just couldn't beat those BK nuggets. These new nuggets are utter shit though, I wouldn't buy ten of them if they were 14 cent. BK's fries are also far worse now than they were ten years ago. Just fucking stop Burger King, undo your stupidity and fix your shit. Let me give you money again!

Announcing sage isn't allowed bud

I loved their old tenders. That weird sourness and hint of black pepper.

me too

i had a craving for old tendies
but the new nuggies are shit
and the new tendies look too bready

plus the cost of shipping, labor, storage and preparation

still, doesn't add up to much

Believe it or not my interest in this thread is entirely organic. News and information about is important to me as McDonald's is a significant part of my life and I eat there almost daily.

chicken fries you nigger

in the 90s they had really good tenders instead of nuggets.

you used to be able to get 4 chicken tenders on a sandwich with mayo and lettuce for like $1 and it was awesome.

What do you mean pretend advertising? BK is up front when they are paying.

Huh?

Fast food barely makes a profit on stuff like burgers and tacos. Those nuggets are cheap to make and McDonalds sells them cheap to make you buy the stuff that yields big profits like sodas.

IIRC the last time I worked at Taco Bell, they made about a nickel profit on their tacos while making 95% profit off of the sodas and cinnamon twists.

>cinnamon twists

People actually bought those?

They come as one of a selection of choice with some meals. tortilla chips/fries/twists

I think its Burger King

derp, that was meant for

Are you black, or promoting animal abuse?

Even if it's a loss leader, they'll make it back with the outrageous markup on sodas

fuck me too user. I tried the new nuggets about a year ago and they taste like cardboard.

Does Canada just not do shit like this anymore or am I missing all of them?
The last time I remember a significant discount for anything at a fast food place was during the 2008 olympics or something McDs had 5 for a dollar.
All they seem to do now is $1 drinks during the summer, which is like a 100% markup instead of 150

Interestingly enough, I worked at BK and it wouldn't be the first time they solid food at a loss

>McDonalds puts double cheeseburger on $1 menu
>BK feels the need to follow suit
>McDonalds had ensured that (at that time) they wouldn't lose money on $1 sandwich
>Since BK hurried to copycat they lost money
>BK lost a few cents on every Double Cheeseburger

I remember my manager telling the cashiers not to mention the doubles since they were bad for business

My citation
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704320104575014941842011972

McD Canada forces the use of Canadian chicken breast, iirc

It makes it more expensive than just using dirt cheap US meat hence why nuggets are more expensive

Remember when they sold those ribs? Those were actually ok.

The trick is that they don't use any chicken.

It means each piece costs about 2 cents to make.

hi sciffy

retards it doesn't cost that much to grind factory farmed chicken meat and fry it in batter

~I~ could do it for 1:49 for a 10 piece much less BK.

thats retail pricing out the door not including sales tax.

you would have to make them for around a 3 cents a piece to turn profit in a b&m tendies shoppe.

so it's the fast food equivalent of rotisserie chicken

Wth I'm scared for bk now

too much sodium is bad for animals, its not meant to be in their diet especially since dogs dont have sweat glands to sweat out the excess sodium

MMmmm pink slime nuggies

Yes, lil' Lisa slurry nuggets don't cost that much to mass manufacture. But I suppose they have this deal BECAUSE they're going out of business, if anything.

>weird sourness
>i love eating spoiled meat

>buy a whole warehouse of chicken nuggets
>sell them at a normal price, profiting
>10 years goes by
>warehouse still have nuggets but they are starting to get too old
>still sell them but for a lower price
>?????
>profit

Baby chicks are leftover products by the egg industry. Ask again.

>pink slime

Have you ever seen ground chicken meat? That picture is literally just chicken parts ground into fine paste, I don't get why people get offended by this picture...

Why the fuck would selling 15 cents worth of buggets at 150 cents put them out of a business? Do you have any idea how cheap nugets are to make? They only use the shittiest quality ingredients for those.

>They are probably breaking even.

No, they're still making a profit.

Shiet son, I really don't know. The cost of the chicken and the breading and HFCS sauce it's only part of the thing. You need to consider manufacturing and shipping costs, marketing costs, maintenance costs and wages to the mexicans cooking the thing itself.