Food regrets?

>came across this dish in Wisconsin.
(pic related)
>wonder what it would taste like
>everyone I was with didnt want
>I didnt buy but I still
>wonder what it would taste like

You ever passed up foods that you later regret not trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-kyLH-PPxE
natashaskitchen.com/2012/07/26/how-to-pickle-pickles-refrigerator-pickles-that-is/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just make it yourself

spread cream cheese on ham and wrap a pickle with it

>wa la

I don't see what's so special about this "dish" user

if you read the ingredients thats not exactly whats in it but thanks for trying.
there's spices, preservatives and the kind of pickle is unknown. Sure man there's recipes and I can make a basic guess as to what it would taste like but it still wouldnt be that exact dish nor the exact flavor from that region of the states. And who is going to eat 20 of them?
I guess you dont get it..

Like you there's nothing special about it.
I had never guessed people eat pickles wrapped in ham and wondered what they would taste like is all.

Theres a ton of recipes for this dish..
learn something new everyday.

Its a part of american cuisine Ive never dealt with.
It obviously goes back a few years.

Oh, we "get it". You're too stupid to figure out how to make a fucking simple snack. If you can read the ingredients, you should be able to easily figure out what to use.

deep fried pickle wraps?
does this qualify as a sandwich?

was this dish common to you as a child?
Did your mom make you pickle wraps for you and your friends while you played gamecube?
I am glad you got it, I didnt buy them bro and regret missing out on the american experience as it was unfolding right in front of me.

budweisers and pickle wraps on me bro' next time!

>common appetizers
>pickles in ham

I was just at an event where they had really nice ham wrapped pickles. God damn, I can't remember where it was.

this grouping of picklewraps® is a bit depressed

That looks good...

Ive never seen them before. the other guys acted as if they were a common thing. did you happen to try them? how was it? I'm intrigued. Is it regional?

was wondering if the pickle would squirt out of the middle but of all of them this is what i would grab off the banquet table..what dip would be appropriate is another thing..

They do this in the Netherlands too.

No, it wasn't common at all to me, I didn't grow up in flyover country. But I'm skilled enough to figure out how to make a goddamned retarded pickle wrap. The ingredients ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Dumbass.

this might be next new hipster pickle burrito craze you never know..

>this is a thing

guess I should have figured. I've been making what I guess amounts to the hipster snack version of this for awhile now just from throwing random stuff together

>salt and vinegar chip
>spread a little goat cheese on it
>dot of sriracha
>chunk of pickle wrapped in prosciutto on top

where does your mom buy the preservatives?
whats a flyover country? is that like that anthony bordaine show on discovery channel? pickle wraps arent retarded bro you need to lighten up about insulting this slice of america. maybe you should ask mom for some pickle wraps?

pickle pops up in here

>flyover country food
>ham
>pickles
>cheese
>preservatives

I think I tried it out of curiosity. They're not common where I am. (PNW)

It was alright, I think I'd rather just eat pickles by itself, it was kind of salty with the ham.

same general locale. it baffled me. after a google searc I seemed to have missed this part of american cuisine. i'm making the deep fried wraps tonight.

>classic

Ohh god those things are so fucking good. Pickles wrapped in ham and cream cheese. I want some

I would unironically enjoy this

Huh, I do that sometimes when stumble home too drunk to trust myself with fire. It's pretty good, but I'm impressed there's enough economy of scale to sell it prepackaged.

>buy preservatives
>what is a flyover country
>bordaine

While I kek'd a bit at the pic, do you really think that only a basement dwelling neckbeard would think this thread is pants-on-head retarded? Because OP is obviously an idiot.

Oh wow you're retarded.

I live in Wisconsin. Pickles are everywhere for some reason (probably part of our polish-german-finnish-whatever amalgamation heritage). Try mixing sliced pickles and hot dogs in home-made Mac N Cheese. Shits g9d

I bought one of these for the first time the other day. Thought they looked gross as a kid but recently a few people told me I had to try one. It's so sweet man, I couldn't make it more than two bites. Totally inferior to the Rice Krispie square. My kid self knew it all along, I should have trusted him.

Dude hell yeah! Loved these things. My dad used to make them and they were great.

10/10 thread

are we entering another great depression?

>MFW reading this thread

damn nigga are you right in the head?

I have the literal opposite of a sweet tooth and die if I drink half a can of soda but marshmallow squares are the best god damn thing

Classic Midwest church lady luncheon food m8, never pass it up. & when in (western) WI, try the deep fried curds

Why cream cheese? Wouldn't mayo or mustard make more sense? I'd put some sliced onion on top of that too.

I've seen this at potlucks with asparagus, not pickles.

>stabalizers

There's some crazy shit that passes for food between western PA and Minnesota. I've been to a party that had scrapple, hog maw, and head cheese. It's like they were trying to get the most disgusting shit they could.

fuck, those marshmallow squares are universal deity-tier.

Yeah I was amazed shopping at different supermarkets and checking out what the middle of the usa eats was like a anthropology class.

I liked the pickled eggs, they had like 6 different types. they give you the farts though.

>wanting unstable snacks

The spelling, not the presence of stabilizers.

>deep fried curds

oh shiiiit, I came..
i'm black btw

Yeah. As a broke guy this is all me and my friends can afford here in the Midwest. It's not too bad, you just do with what you have.

Fuck I cant wait for the WI state fair

I have too, but it's asparagus, cream cheese, and ham slices, rolled up into puff pastry and baked. They call them "cigars" and are especially popular at bridal and baby showers.

Butterscotch chips? Yeah, no thanks.

Looks like it would taste like salt and have a shitty texture.

>>wonder what it would taste like
>You ever passed up foods that you later regret not trying?

I understand the concept of the question you're asking, OP. But how on earth could you "regret" not trying a pickle wrap? Just wrap a pickle in a tortilla and try it. The amount of effort it would take to satisfy your curiosity is so small that it's absurd to "regret" it. This isn't some complicated thing that you need an expert chef for. This is shit so basic that a child could do it. So try it out.

>Just wrap a pickle in a tortilla

>convenient size
>fillings wrapped up
>can be eaten with one hand

Definitely a sandwich.

that snowman looks really passive agressive

You just barged into this thread without reading anything didn't you

Picklewraps
quintessential americana

youtube.com/watch?v=1-kyLH-PPxE

I feel cheated. My jewish lesbian mom and her cuban hungarian wife didnt make these for me like your mom(s) did. I'm going to make these for my wifes son and his friends next week.

This woman must be from Iowa.
I can recognize that accent anywhere (because I had an annoying boss who was from Iowa once)

I can see these being pretty tasty, IF they are made with quality ingredients. I'd use some half-sours from my local russian market as the pickles, good quality ham slices, none of that watery pressed shite, and herb boursin instead of regular cream cheese. Call me pretentious, IDGAF, but the quality of ingredients makes a HUGE difference with simple things like this. It's like mid-western tapas, LOL.

>her husbands name is Bob
oh my god this is the most adorably american thing I've ever seen

exactly sounds good. you can totally dress it up.
half sours sound right with some good salty spanish ham

I wonder what brie and caramelized onion tastes like with a pickle?

I once got instant butter ramen in japan, it was awful. I ended up pouring it down the sink which was idiotic and caused it to clog for a few hours because of the cache thing and the inbuilt plug.

Good times

Mien Niger. Sounds fantastic. Pickles:natashaskitchen.com/2012/07/26/how-to-pickle-pickles-refrigerator-pickles-that-is/, (or any other Russian picked recipe), Black Forest ham. Great cheese choice.

yes, and it will start another world war.

No. Get the fuck out.

I froze it and it became a lot better. Still can't see myself ever opting for it when there's a Rice Krispie square available though

It adds sour cream to the cream cheese or it gets the hose again!

Mauston eh? Stop in any other towns on your way through

That looks like fucking sex for the mouth.

it's corned beef, not ham.

didnt know this is worldwide thing, here in eastern europe this is considered as #1 pleb appetizer
try to make it for party/dinner and noone will anymore come to your house again, you will be known as poor cunt with poor taste and poor standards
it is litteraly redneck wedding food tier

That stuff is pretty good. It's cheaper just to buy a jar of pickle spears and cheap ham and cream cheese and make it at home. Sounds trashy but tastes great especially when drunk