Let's say you've just cooked some spaghetti and don't have a sauce to eat it with...

Let's say you've just cooked some spaghetti and don't have a sauce to eat it with. If I just put extra virgin olive oil on it with maybe some pepper would it taste good, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/02/spaghetti-cacio-e-pepe-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sure...

and add stuff like: parmigiana regiano, some diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, garlic, etc if you have

Olive oil is garbage. I'd just put a sweet-sour sauce, that is sugar + vinegar to coat everything nicely. Sugar beats oil every time

I have some minced garlic that is pre-packaged, do you think that would work?

Lightly sautee some garlic in butter, toss the noodles in. Finish with olive oil and fresh herbs if you have them and want them. Top with Parmesan and cracked black pepper.

Do you have eggs and parmesan cheese?

Just make carbonara m8, recipe is designed to use as few as possible common ass ingredients

one third olive oil
one third butter
one third minced garlic
red pepper flake
black pepper
salt
egg yolk
cheese
eat

I don't have any butter, just some olive oil and minced garlic

Just gonna put some olive oil and garlic in a pan and heat it

Thanks guys

try cooking it in a pan with olive oil, pepper, and whatever other seasonings seem italian
drop the pasta in the pan and coat it with the oil mixture
finish with parm

I have no parmesan or anything like that, i will just go with what I said above.

danke an alle

you've never heard of spaghetti with olive oil and garlic?
Google that phrase, it's a classic southern Italian-American recipe.
it's also delicious.

>classic southern Italian-American
The fuck does that even mean

I'm guessing he means southern italians that came to America. Lotta Sicillians. We have plenty here in NYC.

It's either italian or it's american. If they brought it from the motherland it's italian and in no way american, if they made it in america it's American

>would it taste good, Veeky Forums?
Cook it and try it yourself to see if it tastes good, you dense fuck.

>if it uses an ingredient like tomatoes it's american and not italian

See, it works both ways, dum dum.

When immigrants come to different countries, they don't always have the same resources they do as where they came from, so they'll make new but similar dishes with what's available. It's technically Italian cooking but not how you would make it in italy. American pizza is a prime example.

Italian immigrants are not Italians anymore

Italinfag from actual italy here.
Spaghetti with no sauce it's "pasta in bianco". You can still eat it, nothing wrong with it. Just be sure the oil is enough for the spaghetti not to become all sticky and shit, but don't use too much of it or you'll mess up badly.

>If I just put extra virgin olive oil on it with maybe some pepper would it taste good, Veeky Forums
Yes. Butter, salt, and pepper are also good.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/02/spaghetti-cacio-e-pepe-recipe.html