How does a good guacamole look and taste like?

How does a good guacamole look and taste like?

And most important how do you make it?

avos, red onion, tomato, lime, salt, pepper

mix and enjoy

Fuck traditionalists and hipsters, the best guacamole is blended

1. Chunky > Smooth
2. Onions are not needed
3. Cilantro is needed
4. So are tomatoes
5. Try spicing it up with peppers
6. Lime juice, ya dingus!

>no garlic
I hope you meant chili pepper btw

People make guacamole overly complicated.
>avocados
>salt
>lime
>minced serrano chile
>a little cilantro (optional)

That's literally all you need for great guac. The lime and salt bring out the buttery flavor of the avocados, and the chile adds bite. Anything else is just gilding the lilly.

I like the avocado partly mashed and partly chunky. I like a little tomato and red onion, and usually just stick with jalapenos. Other than that it's just lime juice, salt, and cilantro - but not too much cilantro.

Avocados always taste different depending on the source and season, so there's no standard recipe and you should season according to your ingredients. Also let it rest in the fridge for a good hour to allow the flavors come together. Someone will surely say it's a meme, but it's true as fuck and plain as day if you've cooked a day in your life.

Forgot minced garlic; just a little makes a big difference.

A really good avocado just needs a little salt to taste good as guacamole for me. Granted, I like guac in general and I'm not picky on how it's prepared. One of my favorite things to do is eat it over a grilled chicken breast.

a good guac need green peas...

I frequently eat avocados completely plain when I get good ones, but just adding salt doesn't really count as making guacamole.

This 2bh.

I usually add a bit of onion but it's not important.

You may be joking, but one of the most popular mexican restaurants where I used to live (and it's close to the mexican border) had a green table sauce that was made with peas. It was fucking delicious. People were always ordering pints and quarts of it to take home.

Reasonable, but I'm not just going to call it salted and mashed avocado.

Ingredients in order of importance.
Garlic
Avocado
Peppers(no seeds, add additional or rub if lacking heat)
Coriander
Lime.
Everything else optional

I add a can of pintos to mine, delicious.

>Ingredients in order of importance.
>Garlic
>Avocado

You didn't realize that guacamole is essentially a garlic spread? Sounds like you've lost the plot, kid.

You heard me, faggot. The garlic is the key to all of this, it's a tastier ingredient than we've had before

tried garlic in guac once, never again...

Fag

There is like a genetic thing about how some people hate cilantro (tastes like soap) and some people love it. Is there some kinda same thing with avacodo? Cause I tolerate or can atleast understand why other people like certain foods, but I still can't see how anybody likes avocado. I realy realy hate it. M not picky at all

bump

Why didn't you give a speech this week Jeb?

i like mine a lot, probably because i've made it for almost my whole life.
>avocado (has to be chunky, smooth guac isn't guac)
>fresh onion (not needed but nice to have)
>fresh garlic
>lime juice (key lime and lemon juices work too but not as well)
>fresh cilantro
>sea salt
>salsa verde (if i'm feeling lazy i'll just pick some up from the supermarket but homemade is honestly better) (also not necessary but nice to add)
>cayenne

it's probably not a genetic thing
avocado is good with a lot of different things, but I don't openly pursue food just because it features avocado
same thing with mayo

mine is almost the same, but i add tomatoes and replace the salsa verde with cumin

>i completely hate an entire category of food that most people enjoy
>i'm not picky at all!

That's the definition of picky, dum dum.

Avocado
Tomato
Onion
Cilantro
Salt
Lime Juice

Add other ingredients to your liking, but this is the basic recipe for old white people.

You're all fucking faggots. Guacamole is supposed to be fucking blended. Chunky guac with tomatoes is low-tier texmex crap.

Literally disgusting.

>Pic related made it this morning

It was the best guac I've ever tasted.

2 avocadoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper
Red onions
1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and lime juice

>Guac

Is this another american hipster shit?

You don't have avocados where you live?

>uses a ubiquitous abbreviation for a food that's been ubiquitous in the states for decades on a us based image board
>fucking american hipsters

I add a cup of mayo to mine

Thats the recipe for the place I work at. XD