What was the most stale food you've ever eaten? What was the expiration date, and when did you eat it?

What was the most stale food you've ever eaten? What was the expiration date, and when did you eat it?

Didn't have an expiration date, but it was the gum inside a package of 1963 Topps baseball cards.

It was freakin' terrible. Crumbled to dust.

Does rotten stuff count as stale? Because I've cut mold off of potatoes before it's no big

i ate a few hotpockets in my freezer that expired in 2003 a few weeks ago

Cliff Bar that was 3 1/2 years past expiration. Wasn't much different than a fresh one.

Also pesto 2 years past expiration. Seemed fine.

I have eggs that are a month past the sell by date, theyre still not spoiled

Plus I enjoy fench toast

Jesus Christ

I ate an MRE from 1982 last year. Was still ok.

Oooops.

Ate it last summer.

At a friend's party we drank some cans of soda that were 2 years expired and it was fine.

I noticed my parent's fridge had some salad dressings and barbecue sauces that were beyond expiration but they never made anyone ill either. Some of their spices have probably been sitting in the cabinet for 10+ years too.

Ate a packet of stale crackers that expired for 7 years.

Also ate a whole container of curdled plain Greek yogurt expired for a week. Tasted a little bit sour but it didn't bother my stomach

sandra lees white bread, it had visible green/blue mold spots. dad made me eat it when i was younger cause he didnt want to waste money. i hate that son of a bitch

I've got some tobasco sauce that expired over 2 years ago and I still use it, the colour looks a bit fucked up but it still tastes like sauce.

i ate a huge jar of dolmades in oil that my friend's mum found behind a greek restaurant that was like 2 years out of date. completely fucking rancid, but for some reason i couldn't stop.

On a school trip my teacher served us 3 months out of date crisps (deal with it fat claps)

The entire class was out sick for a week with mad diarhea

I didn't eat it, but a few years ago me and my dad found an entire frozen duck (feathers and all) in my grandparent's house that my dad had shot in '78.
My grandparents had a weird thing about keeping old stuff like food and medicine.

MREs can last for goddamn ever though

I ate some freezer fish on its first birthday. Tilapia I think. I also ate a chicken potato after two years in the freezer.

My mom fed me 6 year expired tomato soup. I swear it went through hell and back.

He can't hurt you anymore

I drank a beer that had "expired" in 1993. Old Style. This was like 2 years ago I drank it. Meh wasn't much different than Old Style usually is.

I'm pretty wary of expired food though so I don't have an experience that I know of where I ate something that was way way past the date, though I'm sure it has happened.

this too.

>my retarded teacher at my bumblefuck school got all the kids sick for a week
>haha Americans we got sick fuck you deal with it xD

huh?

idiot

old ass jellybeans that were sitting there for like 10 years

I ate a 1943 U.S Military K Ration
It was a can of meat, crackers, chocolate nougat, Camel Cigarettes.

It sucked

Too bad they didn't keep their youthfulnessTHEY WILL DIE

I got a can of white pepper my parents kept from their restaurant owning days

Its older than me and I'm 23

Still use it but rarely because we almost never cook anything requiring white pepper but my parents are kinda pack rats so still got it

t-thank u user

>It sucked

Ah, just like new then!

Essentially
More recent but still old, I had a 1998 US MCW (Meal Cold Weather)
Mostly freeze dried components

Actually opened it up about 2 months ago. That stroganoff was fucking amazing

Shit I think I've seen you post somewhere before.

Fuck it, did you post this story on Reddit or something?