What do I use this for?

what do I use this for?
I recently came into possession of several kilos of it.

You make about two hundred pounds of risotto.

You can use it to treat your irregular menstruation and as an aphrodisiac.

Story?

my friend was in a poor asian country, forgot the name, and they were selling it for dirt-cheap. I already got some pills that are pretty sick at controlling menstruation.
doesn't look like there's saffron in that.

You should use it to color your white clothing to change up your wardrobe. Then you can take advantage of it's illness prevention properties and create a plague doctor's mask to stuff saffron into.

Also, since it aids in cell repair and function, make some bandages laced with saffron powder for any lacerations you get.

I'd prefer implementation in cooking desu

Shoot. Must've been something unique to the one recipe I got from a friend ages ago. I'd see if I could find it but this isn't a risotto thread.
Good luck with your saffron, user

why would I lie??

You could shovel handfuls of it into your mouth, taking pleasure in the knowledge that in many countries people couldn't buy a usable amount with a day's pay.

Huh, didn't see that Arthur pic before I posted.
Just clarifying, this isn't some hip new avatarfag maymay here.

>my friend was in a poor asian country, forgot the name, and they were selling it for dirt-cheap.
Its probably fake. No idea how this thread got this far without someone pointing it out. A majority of saffron is fake.

Saffron potatoes.

Mashed or roasted

He could definitely tell.
Also it was like farmland, where they actually gathered(at least parts of) the saffron

the aftertaste is pretty strong but I expected a bigger impact. didn't quite eat a handful though.

You could make a years worth of paella

I've already made some paella, it was delicious.

It's NEVER cheap.

When I say dirt-cheap I mean dirt-cheap relative to in Denmark.

I guarantee you it is fake if it was sold cheap. Saffron does not sell cheap. Saffron is more expensive than gold by weight.

It works really well if you substitute pepper for it, so put it in a grinder and use it to season stuff.

kilos, probably a troll but 6/10 for baiting. I would probably sell 99% of it and use the rest for the rest of my life.

Theres no such thing like cheap real saffron.
What you got is the trash they harvest with machines, also every spice looses their value after a couple of months at max, so basically 20g of real saffron are worth more than 20kg of the fake stuff you call your own.

Throw it away, saffron is filth.

why would you ever buy saffron?

Why is saffron so expensive?

Lot of demand, little supply.

Why is the supply so low?

You have to handpick the little threads from the inside of crocus flowers.
Its horribly labour-/land- intensive and yields insanely little amounts

Largest supplier is Iran...

because it's the stamen and pistils of a flower, picked by hand

It's more expensivep than gold so if it's legit you should look into reselling it

That's Oblivion bloodgrass

i can buy "cheap" Spanish saffron around 7.5€/g .. 7500€/kg
good Persian A grade saffron is over 10.000€/kg

OP here.
I did lie, but I legitimately got like a 2 liter bag of it.

Why is it picked by hand

because they haven't invested enough r&d money to make robots capable of doing it

also you can't destroy the flowers in the process of picking, which makes it even harder to automate

cheap in Iran desu

Several kilos of saffron? Thats literally thousands of dollars worth.

Only 5 per flower. They are very delicate, and very sensitive to atmosphere/temperature

Briyani rice

Potentially tens of thousands depending on the quality.

That's how I know OP is full of shit.

>saffron
>recently came into several kilos
>commodity price can be up to $5000 a pound
>2.2 pounds per kilo
>$11,000 per kilo

You used the metric system, so I'm guessing you're not American, and I don't know what your currency is, but I'm sure you're smart enough to use an online currency conversion app.

keep a couple little jars to yourself and sell that shit.

If you're trolling, then bravo, 10/10