#1 Restaurant in the World Thread

Let's discuss Noma. Here are some food.

>"Asparagus and pine is a work of art. Noma is, as it has been compared to many times, a ballet, telling a riveting story full of comedy, drama, romance, and grace."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqwtWBVKons
noma.dk/food-and-wine/
youtu.be/JFunPVsuW9Y?t=10m4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The legendary chef, Rene Redzepi, making an Asparagus and Spruce dish:
youtube.com/watch?v=TqwtWBVKons

there is literally nothing wrong with this

Quality ingredients handled perfectly by talented chef.

yes, I agree, except for the sarcasm.

Edible soil made up of beer, butter, malt, and hazelnut + herb cream and radishes with stems climbing high out of the pot.

I'm not being sarcastic, me and my cousin are planning to eat at Noma.

Here's the changing menu
noma.dk/food-and-wine/

fair enough. I've had some friends eat there, they said it was a very interesting experience.

Aebleskiver and Muikku

>tfw it's not æbleskive sæson

> muikku
Little, almost trash tier fish that is commonly served during summer from paper boxes as a fried snack.
Somehow that dry little fish in pastry ball is more expensive than whole meal worth of those delicious little shits

it's one of roughly 20 meals, probably with some wicked seasoning and an exhaustive selectioning process.

its because its so fucking expensive they dont want to be seen as if they got memed

I got a couple pine trees in the back if they need more of those

they're so fucking rich though, they regularly go to high end restaurants

Fresh Peas and Fermented Peas, Aromatic Tea Broth

More than 900 chefs voted for Noma to be #1. And everyone who actually ate at the restaurant said it was a pleasant experience.

Brown Crab, Egg Yolk, and Herbs

People actually pay money for this shit?

Oyster complemented by seaweed oil, gooseberry, and buttermilk

Tartar and Sorrel, Juniper, and Tarragon

Pike Perch and Cabbages, Verbena, and Dill

The amount of work that goes into each plate is actually insane

do you eat the pine? i think fine dining is cool and all, but i dont think inedible stuff really belongs on the plate

wtf

youtu.be/JFunPVsuW9Y?t=10m4s

>"Can we eat the pine leaf"
>"Please push the big pine leaves to the side."

Rhubarb and Milk Curd

what's even the point then? he didn't even really flavor anything with it. noma really gives fine dining a bad rep i think

I think the chef explains it here He's pretty honest about how and why he prepares the food the way he does.

The plating was way better when I was there three years ago. This is just a stupid smear and neither appetizing nor convenient.
I bet it tastes incredible though.

The irony is that you were probably trolling the Veeky Forums challenge on the basis that people were judging food that they weren't able to taste.

I'm guessing you've never been to a high end restaurant and regularly post in tipping threads.

I don't go on Veeky Forums that much, and don't go to restaurants that much. But I'm excited about going to Noma.

shit didn't even notice that, makes more sense now

WTF. You must be fucking kidding me. How much does this shit cost?

I guarantee everyone leaves this place looking for another joint to fill the other 9/10s of their stomach...

I think Noma looks like bull most of the time but if you think you leave fine dining restaurants hungry, you've not been to many.

9/10 if you go to a Michelin starred restaurant, you will be stuffed. The food more often than not is extremely rich and the gaps in the courses slow your appetite down.

>i'm a poor loser who's never experienced a high end restaurant in my life and am resentful about it on an anonymous image board
>blah blah blah

Every.Fucking.Time.

A friend of mine at there recently, he told me it was pretty good but of course a bit pretentious. It's affordable as well if you compare how many dishes you get even with a wine pairing. I wouldn't go because I'm not into Nordic cuisine so I probably would go to Osteria Francescana for the same amount of money. But you have to see this not as fine dining but as a one in a life time experience. Maybe I'll go in the winter.

>"My dad took me to Red Lobster once so I know about fine dining."

They serve you up to 20 dishes, currently 16. If you leave hungry, you probably consider a family size pizza a snack.

All these things look so incredibly primitive.
As if they were foraging in a forest, and this is the best they could find to put on a plate.

I've had "Fine Dining" that was not this Nouvelle Cuisine bullshite... the chefs and sycophants pushing this garbage are charlatans and cheats.

>Noma is, as it has been compared to many times, a ballet, telling a riveting story full of comedy, drama, romance, and grace."

That B.S. is why I hate haughty "foodies" who blather on as if they are experts on the molecular structures of peas.

Me? I enjoy foods where the only "Story" my food tells is that it was seasoned and cooked well by someone that knows what they're actually doing.

If I order Cannard l'orange I better get half a duck, bones and all on a plate with a side of rstic fried potatoes.

If I'm instead served as tiny little wedge of duck meat balanced upon a single cube of potato... I swear I'm going to storm into the kitchen and fucking murder the "chef" who has the gall to pull such shit.

You wouldn't murder anybody you fat pussy. And you don't go to a restaurant like noma to fill your fucking maw just like you don't go to the louvre to look for shit to hang in your basement

>tfw my parents ate there with a friend this summer while I was busy with uni
I fucked up.

Are you supposed to eat the pine ?

I'm really confused, all those dishes look like what you'd get if you thought about parodying high-end restaurants. At the same time, I'm sure it tastes good.
Probably not my time of thing though.

I unironically long for the return of upscale dining with waiters in jackets or tuxedos.

How do you even eat that? You take a leaf and wipe up the sauce with it or what?

I think it was steamed with the pine purely for aromatic infusion/.

$6 with fries

>As if they were foraging in a forest, and this is the best they could find to put on a plate.

that is pretty much exactly what noma is.

anyway, if you want your big plate of roasted meat, fine, go to a different restaurant, but you won't get the variety you get at a place with a tasting menu.

As much as dislike these kinds of restraunts. this aesthetic is wonderful

wat

I'd like to eat these. The rest looks like the cooks would jump out of the kitchen, point at you and laugh for ordering joke dishes from the menu.

the one thing at noma that really gets on my tits is the hen and the egg dish. that is the one thing they've done that makes me think it's a bit of an emperor's new clothes scenario.

it's such a patronising gesture and it's a gimmick. i don't think the dish would stand on its own without the whole process. but all the diner's doing is cracking a fucking egg. if there was some creative element to it i'd give it a pass, but it's not like you're encouraged to customise it in any way. you're just supposed to savour the privilege of watching a fucking egg you've cracked open sizzle on a hot plate. it's like it should be on the kid's menu or some shit.

getting the diner to participate in the meal can actually be a really cool thing, but ultimately who goes to a fine dining restaurant to eat a fucking fried egg with some woodsy liquor poured on top of it?

>food pics from japan
?

there's meat under the leaves, you just sort of drag it around the plate.

looks like cat sick

Yeah, maybe, but how did it actually taste?
Was it good?

and a million other things that are foamy.

>there are people on Veeky Forums right now that have and will continue to defend this

Come get your dinner you fucking "sophisticated" chu/ck/s

whoops forgot pic

Fair bit of prep and plating, but from the point of order to serving it seems very tame to me because of the small portions. Generally one small heated part with few components which can be done in little time and off to plating. Easily parallelized, highly predictable timing, highly predictable work load.

Nothing wrong with that, but compared to getting multiple large dishes with large pieces of meat/fish done at nearly the same time it's easy.

Looks like the type of dish gays and society women would love.

Holy mother of projection!

that's not noma.

you think user actually can afford visiting noma?
lmao

>#1 restaurant in the world

Pic related, $9.07 at a store near you

why not?

Well it doesn't look very good and the composition isn't professional.

I couldn't find any trace of food even with an electron microscope. People who "dine" here must all look so sophisticated.

so? they could serve it ironically.

anyone can afford visiting noma you pleb, it costs as much as a week's work on minimum wage.

'stealing leftovers' is actually an idea i could imagine some chefs running with. like heston blumenthal could put something like this out at the fat duck with the justification that it 'conjures memories of my childhood'

no? noma has integrity.

The Parts Unknown episode that features Noma is really fascinating, really incredible stuff

>Charging a fuckton for a plate of aspargus tied to pine trees branches is integrity

Ok

EDIBLE SOIL????!!!!!

This is some next level shit

>that's all they did xD

So are these leeks impregnated with something?

Otherwise once you peel the cancer off won't you be simply left with plain grilled leek?

I suppose they lightly cooked the aspargus, my bad

Seems like food poisoning waiting to happen.

it's all fun and games until you see how much it costs...

and created an oil and a vinegar specifically for it, as well as a spice mix

it was a huuuuuuuuuge fad between 2 and 5 years ago. literally everybody was doing it.

>Seems like food poisoning waiting to happen.

are you joking

they're burnt, the inside is taken out and mixed with other shit, then put back in.