Lunch jars

Forgive the anime clip; I understand the anime is horrid but I was shown the episode while in a search for a portable way to keep my lunches/dinners hot/cold. You can see it on ( what I understand to be ) Episode 1 of that Shokugeki-anime thing's second season.

What does Veeky Forums think of lunch jars as opposed to the typical American "lunch pale/lunch box" many of us are used to seeing? Are there any reputable brands? Do they really keep food hot for longer and cold for just as long? Also, can you really just heat a base broth/stock, toss in your veggies and let them cook while you're going about your business because of the heat trapped in the lunch jar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NsZMbs5PC64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

You mean like a bento box x thermos?

That would seem a bit bulky.

Pic is related to you. If you're serious I hope you find what you need. If you're sarcastic then well played but I'm not specifically looking for it for "bento" reasons. I'd like to experiment with a soup ( tomato bisque, chicken noodle, etc ) on the bottom with a hot sandwich ( grilled cheese, BLT, etc. ) above it with sides or desert on top.

It is stale pasta.

Just buy the most famous brand. Everyone calls it a thermos for a reason.

I'm intending to make it last for two meals worth so it being a bit bulky is fine. Half the soup, half the sandwich and half the desert for one sitting and the rest for later.

Thermos does food jars now? I'll look them up, thanks.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, where we copy and paste old shit all the time

How do you fall for the oldest pasta in the book?

Thanks.
I wasn't aware I was falling for pasta/that was pasta.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

youtube.com/watch?v=NsZMbs5PC64

Pajeet, my son

I've been on /k/ enough to know that one.

>OP desperately trying to make it look like he isn't a giant weeb

It's okay OP, we don't care. We really don't.

>Are there any reputable brands?
Zojirushi, Tiger, and Thermos

Hey thanks; just looked up the Zojirushi models and I think either their Ms. Bento or Mr. Bento will be perfect for me. I'm likely to go with the Mr. if I buy from them given it's only $5 and seems to be multi-tiered unlike the Thermos jars I've found. Pic related.

I'm not familiar with Tiger. Can you tell me about them? Their food jars seem unrated but their rice cooker has a lot of praise.

For those wondering here is the Ms. model.

I'm considering getting one because it looks like it would be great for portion control

How is that different than any other container? Surely even if you had a large container you could only fill it partway, right?

Yeah but it would be with the insular magic. Also segmenting the different parts of the meal into different containers helps you visually eat a more diverse meal as opposed to just bringing a single Tupperware stuffed with leftover lasagna.