Depressing food related memories from childhood

So Veeky Forums, what are some food related memories from childhood that still make you sad?
Ill start.
>I fucking hated my mothers cooking growing up
>Mainly because of the way she would cook a chicken.
>what she would do is
>1. Take a chicken.
>2. chop up some carrots, and maybe potatoes.
>3. Cook the chicken without any seasonings.
>4. Serve said chicken with a side of lukewarm canned peas.
>Every time she would make this I would be almost at the verge of tears because it was so bad.
>To this day she still makes chicken the same way, and its still horrible

My mother used canned tomatoes in everything. otherwise it was all alright.
Also I went to a sort of boarding school where they forced me to eat food like a righthanded person despite being lefty, which was sorta shitty.
Pic unrelated.

I have a few of these actually

>Be really poor growing up, mainly because my parents were always trying to sue people
>There was a better part of 6 months where almost every dinner was 99 cent store hotdogs.
>Every.
>Fucking.
>Dinner.
>Often with a glass of powdered milk.
>we had enough money to buy real milk, but we didn't, because then my mom would have to go without her half and half for her coffee, or wouldn't have enough money for wine
>she never finished her coffee
>or her wine
>The half and half would often go bad in the fridge, along with the wine.

Goulash.

I still have nightmares about it.

My grandmother made me a roasted chicken dinner a couple of weeks ago. It was basically a roasting pan with chicken, carrots, onions, cabbage, and broccoli thrown into the oven for an hour. Seasoned only with salt and pepper and it was pretty delicious. I have no idea where your mother went wrong.

My childhood was full of Hamburger Helper, tacos, and Buddig ham sandwiches. Holidays were big for me because they meant I got actual big dinners and real ham.

God help me I do love ground beef though and I blame my childhood for it.

are you me? we were poor due to my parents drug addiction and they spent all out good money on wine and cigarettes and more drugs and I knew we'd have more money if they stopped even when I was like 5

OP and here, I'm gonna namefag for this shit, because I have a lot of stories

>I loved cherry and grape tomatoes as a kid.
>We even had a cherry tomato bush, next to the blackberry bush (I also loved blackberrys).
>We also had a normal tomato plant.
>I didn't like the normal tomatoes from that plant.
>Because my mother would (and still does) blanch every tomato that she grows.
>her reasoning?
>"I don't like the skin, its taste it too sharp".
>I hated those awful things, she would often just give me a bowl of them and would get mad if I didn't finish them .
>I would often sneak into the back yard and eat the cherry tomatoes, and the blackberrys.
>My father ended up killing the cherry tomato bush, and the blackberry bush, when his hoard of rusty car parts ended up crushing both of them.
>I still cant eat blackberrys without becoming profoundly sad, remembering that I lost one of the only good things I had growing up due to my dads trash.

Everyday for 15 years

Nothing wrong with how she prepared it but holy fuck, some variety please

>dad would make oatmeal for breakfast, just like he saw in good eats
>fucking hated oatmeal, made me vomit, brown sugar and cinnamon made it worse somehow
>he knows I hate it, makes me eat in anyways one day
>"user, this is a puke-free zone, now eat all your oatmeal"
>I just fucking can't, puke in the bowl, somehow consistency of oatmeal doesn't change
>he makes me eat it because I puked in a puke-free zone and he was mad I wasted his efforts

Not even trolling. I only eat oats if I make them now cause I know I need them for gainz, but it's still hard to finish a bowl. Can't enjoy cinnamon or brown sugar as much as other people either.

My mother became a good cook by the time I was really old enough to notice the difference between good and bad cooking. But looking back on it some of the things she made when I was very young (5-6 years old) were terrible. Here are two I remember:

Spam and Seashells: Fry cubed Spam with onions. Dump in jar of Ragu sauce. Pour into casserole doish containing overcooked seashell pasta. Top with green can Kraft cheese. Bake.

Canned Salmon Casserole - Soak six slices white bread in milk. Add can of salmon, two beaten eggs, salt, pepper and a little chopped onion and celery. Put into casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs and bake.

After a while both my father and brother asked her to stop making stuff like that, and she'd become a better cook anyways, so she stopped with the casserole recipes from trashy magazines and the labels of cans. As a kid I actually kinda liked this stuff, but I cringe now looking back on it.

>Hated milk
>Mom would always pour me a glass at dinner
>Drink it as fast as I could so I could get it out of the way and enjoy my food
>Mom thought I loved milk so she would pour me more
>Thought she was punishing me for something I did
Luckily my parents became vegan when I was 14 and I never had to drink milk again.

>my parents were always trying to sue people
what?

Literally every single day?

My parents are divorced, and back when I was a kid I'd spend like every other weekend with my dad.

Every Saturday morning he would make pancakes for breakfast... But these were the shittiest pancakes I've ever had.

I think he used bisquik or some shit, the pancakes were always crumbly and kind of bitter, and fucking cold. Every time they would be so cold butter wouldn't melt or anything and they'd end up just soggy, crumbly, bitter, sugar free syrup soaked chunks of shit.

I almost threw up sometimes choking down that garbage.

Like seriously, how the fuck do you fuck up something as simple as pancakes that badly?

My parents would spend food money so much not food that I still resent them for it

My mom would buy
>coffee that only my mother drank, and she never finished a cup
>Wine that she would open, have half a glass, and then leave in the fridge for weeks at a time.
>Magic tricks and Merlin shit so she could try to impress her magic club, even though she almost never went.
>Stuff for her shitty dove that still hasn't died (Its like, 24).
>M&ms that she would hide and not share.
>Beer that she would have 3 sips of and then put back in the fridge.
>Vacations.

dad would buy
>Tools and car parts at the swap meet, even though you couldn't walk through the yard because of all rusty trash
>The yard was actually stacked 5 feet high with scrap metal
>I got tetanus 6 times before I was 10.
>Cans of anchovies in chille sauce, that only he would eat
>Cars that didn't run.
>used clothes that didn't fit.
>Weird busted garbage from yard sales that he claimed was worth money, but he left it laying around and the rats ended up chewing on.
>expired food that only he could eat.

I was so poor that I though cup-o-noodle was fancy and would consider it fine dining.

Mom's cooking has always been shit because she has no patience for anything

>"The recipe calls for me to bake at 350 for 30 minutes? I'll just turn it to 500 degrees and it'll only take 10!"
>She boils squash
>Throws things in the oven without seasoning
>Puts canned mushrooms right on my plate without heating them up
>Somehow made small biscuits weight a pound
>Crockpot's everything for a year straight as part of her Betty Crocker phase
>Follows only the 1974 Betty Crocker annual cookbook, despite owning 1972 to 1998
>She always got pissy when I called her out on it as a kid
>I just got a spanking and a timeout every time
>My father would always cook better than her. His quiche was perfection and he'd only make it once a year
>He wouldn't cook anything else because he had got it in his head he'd just ruin the food
>When mom divorced him she had me stay at his house
>For 6 years straight it was canned foods and frozen pizzas / chicken nuggets from Aldis

Also
>They always had me drink 3 glasses of milk a day. One for each meal
>I was always gassy and short of breath at school with a lot of phlegm built up
>It took them until I already moved out and swore off dairy that they figured out I'm allergic to the stuff

My experience of eating awful food for 19 years made me want to become a chef and spare people from the same fate

>how the fuck do you fuck up something as simple as pancakes that badly?
Being depressed.

Would get a chippy once a month or so

>>my parents were always trying to sue people
>what?

his parents are nogs. maybe not in color, but in culture. they were lazy good for nothing pieces of shit who don't want to work and would rather try to scam someone to make money.

My parents saw nothing wrong with making the same four dishes over and over. They weren't all terrible, but you get sick of having the same thing every week, especially when a couple of those nights were leftovers. So my diet consisted of primarily:
-crunchy shell tacos with ground turkey and minimal salt/spice "because it's healthier that way."
-tuna noodle casserole i.e., canned tuna+cream of mushroom soup+egg noodles+frozen peas
-"stroganoff" which was also just cream of mushroom soup with ground beef or turkey and served over mashed potatoes for some reason. And of course the potatoes were made with almost no salt and margarine instead of butter "because it's healthier."
-"bbq chicken" this was actually the best of the four, baked chicken with this shitty Kraft brand bbq sauce slathered on it. Usually served with a baked potato but no butter allowed cause "healthy"

My only salvation was on Friday we usually went out to a local pizza joint.

>Being depressed.

or just don't fucking care, and did the least possible and cheapest to get through the weekend.

yeah I have no idea why parents feed their children shit so they can have their shitry "hobbies" fulfilled. desu I was obese at age 6 and there's really only them to blame. when I see other obese kids who are too young to even fully understand what healthy eating is I boil with rage. I want to save them from their equally obese parents. it should be considered child abuse I have no idea why it isn't.

man what the fuck

My father was/is a greedy asshole. If one of his bosses or coworkers made a small mistake he would try to sue the city of negligence and would try to get workers comp over his fingers getting tired using a screwdriver.
One of his lawsuits ended up costing us 38 thousand dollars in legal fees

>My dad had a really small, shitty vacant. lot near the harbor.
>It was stacked 8 feet high with scrap metal and rusted trash
>It was also in a ghetto so bad that people would get mugged at hatchet point during the day
>It was maybe 15' by 40'
>The city seized the land and some of the land nearby so that they could build a new metro-line
>The city compensated all the land owners pretty fairly.
>He got 15 thousand bucks in 2001
>He decided that the land was worth 36K, and he decided to sue the city, the construction company, the lawyers who helped the construction company, and the metro-line planners.
>He ended up loosing 38 thousand over the course of 6 years.
>We didn't have money for a babysitter most days, so I was stuck going to court with him almost every time.
>After court he would always go to carls jr and buy himself food, but not get me anything..

>it should be considered child abuse I have no idea why it isn't.

neglect at least. they're spoiled children themselves.

once you have children, all your own personal desires should go out the window if they conflict with taking care of the kids.

Going through a divorce ain't easy. He probably wanted to stay close with you, but he just had his life turned upside down, and the last thing he really gave a shit about was the quality of the fucking pancakes he was making for you. Especially if he never was really that into cooking in th first place.

:'( that reminds me of when my parents would come home with fast food and I'd expect there to be something for me but they used the same excuse every fucking time "you're a kid, u don't need this" and I would go another night hungry

>>After court he would always go to carls jr and buy himself food, but not get me anything..

you should go beat the shit out of him

"parents" like that should be shot. i'm sorry you went through that.

lol wtf?

nogs in spirit?

You must be truly special.

damn son, you are truly a redpiled individual

you pierced the truth of nig nogs!
they pervert the hard work of honest americans!

>sliced eggplant
>sliced zuccini
>sliced squash
>sliced tomato
>sliced onion
>a pound of feta
>a bit of olive oil
>baked for an hour
>served over rice
>i got a plain chicken thigh or italian sausage sometimes

I love my moms cooking, this is my favorite dish she makes. Shes vegetarian btw

We just turned in one of the neighbors to the DHS for neglect. She's in her 30s, has about 7 kids, all from a different father. She supposedly works, at least she leaves the house every day. And instead of leaving food, she taught the kids to go door to door in the neighborhood to ask for food. I don't know how she thought she wouldn't get turned in.

I was 300 pounds by the time I was 12 and until I was 16, mainly because of taco bell and mcdonalds,

>I grew up near a taco bell and a mcdonalds
>My mom would rarely buy me food from there, and it was never the chicken nuggets (which I loved because it was chicken that wasn't terrible)
>It was only ever either the hamburger or cheeseburger happy meal, because they were 1.79 and 1.99 respectively,
>The chicken nugget meal was "Way too expensive" at 2.59
>She would always force me to get the 2% milk, even though it made me nauseous
>To avoid my mother cooking I would save as much change as I could find around the house and use it to go to mcdonalds to get a happy meal.
>As i got older I would use my change to go to taco bell and get soft tacos.
>I would walk there, by myself, and the age of 6 or 7.
>We lived in a really bad neighborhood and they let a small child walk 6 blocks by himself for tacos
>most of the time they wouldn't even notice I was gone.

Holy fuck. I can't cope with this thread

Thank you for being the only happy post in a rage thread.

My mom makes this too, but without the rice. It's good. Did your mom add fresh basil?

Did it stick? What happened?

That's pretty much what I eat every day but without the cheese

What is it called?

I remember going to bed hungry because my dad was being an asshole and wouldn't let me eat.

>My mom was gone for a few days
>My dad was angry at me because my room was messy.
>My "Room" was part of a remodeled walk in closet.
>The other half of the closet was my moms office/ junk room, it was bigger than my room
>she still stored a shit load of her stuff in my room
>He said I wasn't allowed to eat until my room was clean.
>I wouldn't clean up her stuff that she left in my room.
>I ended up going 2 days without food, getting in trouble if I tried to eat something
>I managed to sneak some chopped up celery and a cup of water that I put beef bullion in because I could make "soup" without making noise.
>It was the first thing that I ever cooked that wasn't toasty cheese or a microwaved tinas burrito.
>It was terrible, I cried.
>I didn't eat a real meal until late the next night when my mom came home.
>She wasn't even mad at my , she though I was lying and I got no TV for 2 days

God at my heaviest I was 220 pounds, I couldn't imagine being 300. I'm glad it appears that you lost weight user, as an adult I pretty much avoid every food I ate as a kid and that alone dropped me by 30 pounds. At least our kids are gonna make it, right??

ITT: we work together as a group sharing childhood stories to get over our internalized self hate caused by our terrible parents.
he can't starve u anymore user

My wife has a fear of chicken because her mother would either:

>pass out drunk after putting chicken in oven without even lighting oven
>wake up hours later
>rip off all her clothes and run around the house wrecking shit
>afterwards force feed her children raw chicken

or

>pass out drunk after putting chicken in oven with the oven on full throttle
>chicken starts literally burning
>8 year old kid opens the oven to try out it with water
>oven/stove now ablaze
>wakes up mother
>mother outs it but not after lighting a couple towels on fire nearly burning down the house
>thank god for concrete walls
>to this day drunkenly calls up my wife from where ever the fuck she is blaming her for all the mothers own fuckups
>should have killed you
>should have aborted you

This is only what I know that is food related but there are hundred of other stories that have been confirmed by even distant third parties who witnessed the events on how she tried to whore out her daughter for alcohol and how she tried to kill the same daughter in a drunken rage multiple times.

Her brother is also a 33 year old man with the emotional integrity of a fucking 4 year old

CPS got called on my parents once.
>Social worker comes to the door saying that someone called CPS
>My parents tell her to fuck off and come back with a warrant
>CPS never comes back

I ended up breaking his finger after he tried to stab my girlfriend (Now fiancee) and broke my nose over her leaving a pot of spaghetti sauce on the stove.
The worst part is that her and I are probably going to end up moving back in with my folks because we cant handle being homeless anymore, its been almost 5 months of couchsurfing and sleeping in the car and I cant do that to her anymore.

The summer I spent at my aunt's house was a fucking trip
>":) What do you want for for dinner, user? I'll make you anything you want. Our house is your house."
>Fuck yeah, I want some goddamn spaghetti
>Dinnertime
>";) Here you go, user! Enjoy!"
>It's a pack of indomie noodles with tomato sauce on top plopped pathetically on a styrofoam plate
>What
>This isn't what I wanted
>This isn't what I wanted at all
>Don't want to be rude, so shovel down noodle tomato slop like a little bitch
>"Glad you liked it, user! Do you want this again tomorrow?"
>O-okay
>She makes this shit for the entire 2 weeks I'm there

But lefties and righties are to eat food the same way.

Fork in left, knife in right.

>making ladyfingers for the first time
>live in tropics with no ac, be worried about batter falling, ready to throw pan in the oven so i can wash my hands of this mess and just wait for results
>open oven door
>greeted with gas smell
>pilot was out
>all this bullshit just barely coming together and I didnt check the fucking pilot
>despair

i baked the fallen batter after re-heating the oven anyway and it yielded a weirdly fluffy but rubbery angelcake thing that I ate anyway. it wasnt the worst but so fucking far from what I intended. the initial failure was devastating though. I haven't tried again since.

mothers suicide when?

why??

hey I know it isn't optimal but those tiny houses are cheap as fuck and if you live near a rural area you can buy a small lot of land cheap, it may take a while to save up but at least you could be out of your dad faster.

I remember my grandma one time got a wild hare up her ass and tried some recipe called 'Cowboy Spaghetti'

which was spaghetti boiled in beer and the sauce had beer in it. it was terrible. she is an otherwise decent cook. not great, but definitely capable or better than that.

other than that and a few other just bad instances or bad ideas from whoever was cooking in my family that day, my childhood was pretty good food wise. I was actually kind of a fat kid until about 9th grade.

>once you have children, all your own personal desires should go out the window if they conflict with taking care of the kids.

As a father I agree with this but with the consideration that you yourself need to have fun sometimes because it benefits your child.

Having a child that you actively care for and want the best for is fucking stressful and sometimes you need to blow off some steam or get some sort of personal downtime before you end up murdering the little spoilt brat.

Like I know my kid should go to bed at this time. But right now he is having fun and I am in drunken conversation with someone who is ready to sign a contract with me so that little nigger can stay up until 9 o'clock for all i fucking care.

I loved ground beef tacos as a kid. it was the shit.

>Now and then my mom would make tacos.
>Most of the time it would be her "Shredded beef"
>It consisted of unseasoned flank steak, burnt and dry, cut into strips and put in with just cheese on a dry corn tortilla.
>It was horrible and had the texture of chewing on cold gristle.
>I could never stomach more than one
>sometimes it would be really greasy ground beef, then it was OK and I would have 2 or 3.

>Mom is of Eastern European descent, known for their bland food
>Mom was also born without the sense of smell
>Doesn't use herbs or spices because they're purely decorative for her
>always cooked everything with just a bit of salt and some instant chicken soup powder.

>Anorexic teenager
>mini fridge in bedroom
>stocked with strictly baby carrots and diet a&w
>live off of this for nearly 4 months

>become bulimic teenager
>binge on smores pop tarts daily
>Slam a whole box of those suckers in under ten minutes
>proceed to blow smores chunks
>upstairs bathroom in my moms house is still stained with puke 10 years later.

I still don't go near baby carrots or pop tarts. Brings back memories of a really awful time.

We're trying to save up to move to Oregon with some friends, but we cant save any money if all of our expenses are on prepared food (Homeless=no stove or fridge) if we end up moving back to my parents we can just have as much as possible. They are honestly probably gonna kick the bucket really soon (my dad is 74 and my mom is 69, I'm only 22).

are you a landwhale now?

my mom was a good cook and i learned how to cook young so it was generally a positive experience

the one thing she did was put milk in these hippy dippy tupperware? bottles for my school lunches because she thought juice boxes were sugary and wasteful (she's not wrong) i just poured the gross smelly warm milk out but to this day i hate milk and plastic containers

shit it's a weird shit with onions in it night. Our were going to the relatives, which I just wasn't raised on this stuff.

mine was diet coke and plain oatmeal

haha it's amazing what parents won't really notice

Nah, learned how to cook and eat right and got over most of the neurotic bullshit that came with all that. I cook for myself nearly every day. I also exercise on the regular. 5'11/170 feels good

My mother only packed me a lunch once

>I always had to pack my own lunch, otherwise I wouldn't get one
>most of the time it was a slice or two of ham or salami, with mustard on white bread.
>We almost never had jelly or jam, but we always had peanut butter.
>and it wasn't the cheap shit, it was Laura Scutters chunky. It was 6 buck a jar.
>My mother hated sharing the peanut butter, and would often hide it
>On the rare days that I got peanut butter, it would only be peanut butter
>no jelly
>just peanut butter on white bread.
> Ive only had PB&J once or twice, so I consider it as a fancy desert .
>but I've have PB and ham a lot more often.
>mostly when we didn't have mustard.

Also I apologize if the quality of my posts starts going down, Its my birthday and my buddy is letting me crash tonight and smoke weed today, so I'm already starting to feel stoned.

That's drug use, not just alcohol.

not even jelly for the peanut butter. You poor miserable son of a bitch.(unknown movie) lol

oh well cheers hope everything is nice now.

Keep 'em coming please
What are your favorite foods now?
Are there any foods you're averse to (besides blackberries) because of your upbringing?
What do you think of eating out at restaurants?

Oh, and where in life are you now? How old are you? When did you move out? Where are your parents now? Do you still keep in contact with them? What do you do for a living? Happy birthday, by the way :3

oh yeah, happy birthday, buddy ,guy ,pal

> lived with grandma
> she hated cooking but made decent stuff
> one day when I was 14 I walked out of my room and smelled something cooking
> see cilantro sautéing on stove
> hate cilantro, tastes awful to me
> she was gonna put it in spaghetti sauce (ragu)
> say I don't really like cilantro
> she gets pissed, throws cilantro and pan in garbage
> YOU ARE SO UNGRATEFUL user
> feel bad for like 2 weeks
> I would have eaten it

>8 years old
>mom cleans houses in the day and bartends at night
>have a younger sister, 5, have to watch her after school since mom is never home
>btw we have different dads who live in other states because mom is retarded and loose
>it's my birthday
>mom works all day and night
>come home from school
>sister is sick, so spend most of the night keeping an eye on her
>make a ham sandwich for dinner
>make a better crocker cake mix birthday cake for myself
>fuck it up for the most part because I'm 8

This thread explains a lot about Veeky Forums.
I don't have a sad food story thankfully, but I still hate my parents. Strange.

I feel for you anons, hope thing are brighter now

Oh no, user. Oh no.

I have a quadruple chocolate cake with your name on in if you live near Dallas.

Jesus fuck.

Haha, thanks man. My girlfriend is from Dallas, actually. We live in Seattle. She takes great care of me, birthdays or not. No more sad days for me.

>tfw southern women are such based cooks and ideal waifus

>move to america in 1990 to get med care for brother
>get off the plane, it's late, we're hungry, and dad buys us our first meal in the US
>it's mcdonald's
>a happy meal
>don't remember which, but i remember the toy
>"cool, americans give away toys with their food."
>eat the food
>be sick all over myself that night
>brother in hospital for a year
>visit often
>play NES with him in his room a lot
>july 1991
>other brother goes downstairs to buy something to eat because hospital food is bad
>it's mcdonald's
>didn't want it because of that memory from the year before
>sickbro eats my happy meal and i just have a cup soup from a vending machine
>notsickbro and i go home
>next morning, wake up
>everyone in the house is solemn
>"user, sickbro died last night."

To this day, Happy Meals don't make me very happy. I know it's not McDo's fault that I got sick after the plane ride (likely, I caught something on the plane) and I know it didn't kill my brother, but I can't separate McDonald's from those two awful, awful memories.

And why the fuck would a children's hospital have a McDonald's in its lobby, anyway? That shit is far from healthy.

No it is just alcohol. I have witnessed the transition myself when my wife for whatever reason was trying to make good their relationship. She has some normally mild instabilities that alcohol multiplies to some super saiyan level of rage and hate.

She is is also in total denial of everything that ever happened which is why she continues with those ways.

>why the fuck would a children's hospital have a McDonald's in its lobby, anyway
Because McD's paid them a lot of money and they're probably critically underfunded?

>thanksgiving
>been feeling kind of sick lately but whatever its probably just a cold
>not gonna miss thanksgiving over it
>hype up family and say im gonna make white castle stuffing as a joke food just to try it out once
>at thanksgiving dinner
>everyone likes it, i love it
>suddenly sharp pain in back
>excuse myself, go to bathroom
>tons of blood and puss leaking out of my back
>remember i had a blister there, it must have popped or some shit
>jump in shower to clean blood and puss off
>vision starts fading
>black out
>wake up to mom knocking on bathroom door
>"user is everything ok? we heard a crash"
>look around
>puke, blood and shit everywhere
>ripped shower curtain and rod out of wall
>"yeah everythings fine"
>attempt to clean up the blood, shit and puke
>while cleaning i look in the mirror
>massive gash on my left eyebrow, realize i hit the side of the bathtub when i blacked out and fell down
>leave bathroom and tell everyone what happened
>they freak out and force me to go to the hospital
>i had a 109 degree fever and a bad bacterial infection
>needed stitches for my eyebrow
>got xrays of my head, didnt get concussion
>had to stay at the hospital for 3 days
>on day 2 family brings me thanksgiving leftovers so i dont have to eat shitty hospital food
>theres no white castle stuffing
>ask why
>"oh we threw it out"

worst thanksgiving of my life i barely got to eat any of my stuffing

McD is ideal recovery food.

Grey pork chop with white rice when my dad was getting divorced from my mom. Heavy drinking involved. Still don't like grey pork chops.

Take this shit home.

Fresh garlic and herbs de provence

Its called "the usual" hehe

Pork chop with tons of black pepper
Mashed potatoes with peas mixed in
Fried onion

As bad as it is, its still a guilty pleasure

That's fucking dystopian, I'm sorry.

Serves you right, subhuman scum.

Macaroni boiled in milk.
It's a staple food here in Sweden and I blame it for raising the population into weak leftist cuck scum.

this is soo stupid and sad.
How would this even happen

holy shit. Stay strong user, and for gods fucking sake, don't move back in.

actually laughed. thanks user

Oh geez.

>mom is a drug addict, barely any money for food and buys most of it at a discount grocery where you have to check the dates on everything
>she doesn't check the dates
>opened boxes of pasta full of bugs
>eating uncooked macaroni and bugs at 5 years old because she hasn't been home for two days, the power had been shut off, and I was tired of eating paper towels to feel full

The bitch of this was she lived with a professional chef for several years who taught her a lot, and she was an amazing cook those rare times we had money. She is mystified why I won't talk to her today.

i know they pulled the kids out of there. haven't heard what's going on now though. at least the kids are away from that whore.

>macaroni boiled in milk

That is literally the weakest, wimpiest sounding food I have ever heard of.

It's even more milquetoast than milk toast.

>>live in tropics with no ac

i don't know how you try baking anything

this was supposed to be a lighthearted thread, user.

This is very sad. What drug was it?

Growing up, we had a local fried chicken meal once every month or so, so it was a treat for us kids. We were kinda poor because my mom could only work an evening job at a corner store, and my dad was always laid off from his job (too lazy to get another) so when we got Mary Browns it was like christmas.

We were always given minimal chicken and taters (seasoned potato wedges) and no coleslaw. My fat fucking slob lazy-ass father took the two centers and 80% of the taters, and all the coleslaw. One time, in my glee of seeing the Mary Brown's box I reached my hand into it and took a piece, and put it on my plate. My fucking dad shouted at me "OH YEAH, TAKE THE BIGGEST PIECE YOU GREEDY FUCK." I looked confused and looked down, and realized I took the center. He promptly took it from me, and my mom scolded me saying, "Your father gets both centers." all the while glowering at me. I always hated both of them for their selfishness.

Moved out at 16, graduated, got a good degree, now I have absolutely zero contact with either of them.

Sweet jesus.

well, now we know why swedes are fucked up

Prescription opiates.

When i was 16 i dropped acid with my friend, we had a bunch of fun walking around the neighborhood at 2am, until i ask him if he has any food back at his place, he says he has some jolly ranchers, which sounded like heaven for some reason. We get back, he hands me a basket full of them, i unwrap one and shove it in my mouth, and then i feel a tingling sensation on my gums, so i spit it out, and it's covered in ants. For a second i think it's just me tripping hard but then my mouth starts stinging really bad, fuckers bit my gums. The worst part is that i want candy so bad that i pick through the ant covered candy to find a few that hadn't been fucked with yet, and eat emx but i think i swallowed a few ants.

I have no words to describe this thread.

Have this gif, because holy fuck

Grey means spoiling