Ceramic Knives

So whats the deal with these? Should i have one or are they a meme? Are they good for anything specific?

They're useless unless you're fighting magneto.

Sharper and cut better than steel knives.

Pros:
Stays sharp longer than a steel knife

Cons:
Impossible to sharpen without specialized and expensive equipment
Brittle
Are only available in silly small sizes; nobody makes a proper chef's knife out of ceramic

It's a silly novelty.

Good for house wife's but not for chefs

I heard they are good for citrus and other acidic foods because the acid won't corrode and dull the blade.

Of course if you kept your things clean and edged your steel before use it wouldn't be a problem. But then someone wouldn't be making money off all these memeblades.

>Cons:
>Impossible to sharpen without specialized and expensive equipment
>Brittle
>Are only available in silly small sizes; nobody makes a proper chef's knife out of ceramic
Patently wrong.

My dream is to be a house husband to maybe this is the knife for me.

do elaborate

Everything you said was wrong.

I suggest you take to google to educate yourself on the subject before commenting again.

Well, since you're expert why don't you educate us poor plebs instead of shitposting?

it wasn't my comment. I was just curious since what he said is what google says and what you say goes against it.

So, please do elaborate.

Solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

No reason to get them over a regular good quality steel knife.

Except google corroborates what I say.

lose the edge, lose it forever.
also brittle, less versatile

if you get stainless steel that will be as good. There are SS varieties that are great nowadays, hold an edge as good as cheaper carbon steels.

There's a reason why the Chinese, despite being the most advanced at ceremics for thousands of years, still used steel knives, and it wasn't just for ease of production and cheapness.

They're fantastic.

My cooking game definitely stepped up a notch when I bought my ceramics.

Don't listen to the people ripping them itt, they are just your usual try-hards who have probably never tried them.

because despite being the most advanced in ceramics they were lightyears from having as advanced ceramics as are used in modern knives?
I mean, I think steel knives are blatantly better, but that's a shit argument.

its a meme, i got one gifted, it lost its edge in the same amount of time my carbon steel knife does, but you can never get it sharp again.
I cook a lot and sharpen at least once a month, so buying a knife thats literally useless after one month is obviously insanely stupid

How about you post some fucking proof asshole. You claimed that his cons were wrong, so the burden of proof is on you.

Incorrect.

You posted falsities so the burden is on you.

Excellent for cutting soft stuff and keep the edge for years if you're not a moron (=Veeky Forums)